Made it

24242 Member Posts: 1,398
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow it has been a year now since began this round of pain and the finding of new lumps in my middle bicept tricept area same side of my breast and lymphnode involvment. I actually am seeing an orthopedic surgeon since cancer clinic sees no cancer but feel I need surgery for a bad shoulder.
When I had problems with pain after my fight for life, I had lots of deffered pain and that was in the shoulder area just as it is now but did not find a problem with shoulder then. Not much has changed except for these new lumps that also has this localized pain right there where they are yet that too isn't suppose to cause me pain so they say...
On Thursday I finally get the second opinion something I have never needed before. It is interesting when I am not working my **** off the areas of pain bother me more. I did two of my biggest jobs and my shoulder did not bother me at all but these lumps sure did, funny.
Well this is it ladies I can only hope there will be insurance money since my partner is loosing her job in November along with the Government benefits.
Tara

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    So sorry to hear about your pain Tara
    I hope the second opinion will give you more insight.

I found just because you don't feel it, it doesn't mean the pain
    is not there. I once went 3 days with a broken knee, because
    I was too busy and did not want to go see a doctor unless I
    REALLY had to .. lol.

Yikes, I sure hope you will still have insurance, I am holding
    on to mine for dear life (wow literally).

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    aysemari said:

So sorry to hear about your pain Tara
    I hope the second opinion will give you more insight.

I found just because you don't feel it, it doesn't mean the pain
    is not there. I once went 3 days with a broken knee, because
    I was too busy and did not want to go see a doctor unless I
    REALLY had to .. lol.

Yikes, I sure hope you will still have insurance, I am holding
    on to mine for dear life (wow literally).

Hugs,
    Ayse

I'm sorry Tara. I pray the
    I'm sorry Tara. I pray the 2nd opinion will help you. Update us as to what you find out.

Hugs, Debby
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    DebbyM said:

I'm sorry Tara. I pray the
    I'm sorry Tara. I pray the 2nd opinion will help you. Update us as to what you find out.

Hugs, Debby

Good luck on Thursday Tara.
    Good luck on Thursday Tara.

Lex
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Tara, thinking about you and
    Tara, thinking about you and hope all works out. Sorry about your partner's job and benefits...maybe something will come up.
    hugs
    jan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Tara, thinking about you and
    Tara, thinking about you and hope all works out. Sorry about your partner's job and benefits...maybe something will come up.
    hugs
    jan

So sorry Tara. Praying for
    So sorry Tara. Praying for you and wishing you luck too tomorrow.

Hugs, Megan
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Glad to hear from you tara
    I had shldr surgery 3 yrs ago. Not a big repair. What they call a decompression. Made a world of differance. Gets stiff sometimes, but just excercise it often. Hows everything else? Sorry to hear about your partners job. In Nov? Maybe something else will pop up. I have a appt mid feb with back surgeon to discuss me back. According to mri Im screwed up from S-1 to L-2. Thats like 6in of buldging discs with compressed nerves. Im still walking. Cancer makes us tough ole girls. Hope all is fine with your ortho guy. PM me. Prayers for you both. Katz
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Katz77 said:

Glad to hear from you tara
    I had shldr surgery 3 yrs ago. Not a big repair. What they call a decompression. Made a world of differance. Gets stiff sometimes, but just excercise it often. Hows everything else? Sorry to hear about your partners job. In Nov? Maybe something else will pop up. I have a appt mid feb with back surgeon to discuss me back. According to mri Im screwed up from S-1 to L-2. Thats like 6in of buldging discs with compressed nerves. Im still walking. Cancer makes us tough ole girls. Hope all is fine with your ortho guy. PM me. Prayers for you both. Katz

Tara .. Please let us know the outcome of your 2nd
    opinion. As if breast cancer, our struggles with chemo therapy, and/or radiation - did I mention the surgeries - after care ... no HAIR was not enough to make 1 scream -- we find other physical injuries that keep us down .. or fighting ..

Good luck and prayers ..

Vicki Sam