Why I've been away

Calleen
Calleen Member Posts: 411
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My Sweet Kindred Sisters and Brothers..

I am finally at a point in my life where I feel I can come back here. The last 3 years of my life have been the worst! Some of you know me from when I came here seeking solace from my mind and comfort for my heart... I was welcomed with open arms and have never forgot the comforting words and kindness I was shown here. Alot of you are my friends on Facebook so i have been able to somewhat keep up... I am writing this with big tears streaming down my face due to such a mixture of emotions. Life is so hard and sometimes its so difficult to put into words my feelings and what I'm trying to express to each of you about me...
I won't go into the specifics of what has happened to me in the last 3 years (I would be writing for days)but the result has been a huge depression that I am finally coming out of. I wanted to give up and on one of my worst days I put "I Give Up" on my FB status.. the most surprising thing about that is that YOU my Kindred Souls knew 100% that I was having a rough time. My Family didn't even figure it out... I want to share a poem that was sent to me... Copy this read it again and again keep it close to your heart and never forget your worth.... and DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
~ Unknown ~.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Calleen, welcome back with
    Calleen, welcome back with open arms. You have been missed and I'm sorry that you have had such a trying couple of years. But, you knew where to go then and you know now. And, even better, you made it though the tough times. I LOVE this poem and there is so much truth in it. You are back amongst your kindred spirits and I'm smiling!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Calleen it is so good to see
    Calleen it is so good to see you psoting on the boards. I missed you here. Many girls leave because the reality of this disease can be quite disarming. I'm happy you are thru the depression. Thanks for checking in with us.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I like this quote too.
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you,
    till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer,
    never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
    -harriet beecher stowe
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Glad.......
    Glad you are feeling better and that you are back. Yeah, sometimes it gets so difficult. And sometimes, you just can't come up with a happy thought or a reason to keep going.
    Well, if/when you start feeling that way, you need to take a deep breath, reach out to one or all of us, and we will be there for you.
    It helps to share your burdens, dear girl, and I, for one, will help you carry your load.

Big ol' hugs,
    CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Nice to "see" you here, Calleen!
    Yep, we can't ever give up.

Sending cyberhugs, and always with...

Kind regards, Susan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Kind regards, Susan

I am glad that you are back
    Sorry that you have had a very difficult time.
    New Flower
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69

Kind regards, Susan

Sounds like you are back where you belong.
    I look forward to getting to know you as I just joined.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Calleen
    if it wasn't for this board I wold have gone into a depression many times over.

I am so happy to see you have come back and hope that you can find as much
    comfort and understanding here as I did.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    aysemari said:

Calleen
    if it wasn't for this board I wold have gone into a depression many times over.

I am so happy to see you have come back and hope that you can find as much
    comfort and understanding here as I did.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Calleen
    Calleen,
    I'm glad that you are back. I have missed you on the boards. I haven't posted much but hope to more often.

Margo
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Welcome back! I'm returning
    Welcome back! I'm returning after a little break as well. It's funny that we may go about our days, but the people on this site remain in our hearts and minds. I tend to "go inside myself" when things get bad too. I take tone and words too personally sometimes and that makes me withdraw even more. I'm glad you have found a good place and can share it with us. As you said, we understand as we are all walking the road together... Hugs, Pitt
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Oh Calleen so good to see
    Oh Calleen so good to see you posting!!!! You have been missed. I have that very poem hanging in my office at work...and it is soooo very true. I am so happy that things are changing in a positive direction for you, you deserve it!!!

We will always be here for you!

Hugs,
    ~T