Aortus and his new car .. Joe here are a few suggestions for you, from your fellow Kindered Spirits

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Joe aka Aortus is thinking out loud, about trading in both his cars for possibly a new vehicle .. I just wanted to alleivate some stress and give him a few suggestions == serious or otherwise.

TraciinLA .. suggested a giant huge pick up -- Red, as well as a bitc..en stereo system .. I am curious- === does this new red pick- up truck include .. oversized tires ? I'm thinking you may be able to pick up one, slightly damaged or dinged .. at the monster truck auction..

My selection for you ..

T-Top .. Corvette -- deep Silver, very unpractical for your part of the country! LOL The T tops will help keep the snow off your roof, if you park your vet in the driveway. Good thinking on my part, right? Please make sure all the pups fit in the passengers seat before signing that contract! Honda's make some nice, sturdy vehicles -- 4 wheel drive sorts. All equipped with bitc..n stereo's.

Vicki Sam

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    My favorite vehicle of all time -
    The '65 Mustang, fastback. Oooh, makes me shiver.... Okay, not practical, who cares?

Sue
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    sbmly53 said:

My favorite vehicle of all time -
    The '65 Mustang, fastback. Oooh, makes me shiver.... Okay, not practical, who cares?

Sue

Hmmm
    But he's got all the dogs; right? I live coastal and I'm kinda partial to the old Toyota Land Cruiser with the sheepskin seat covers and the dogs in the back and surfboards on top.

Guys of a certain age (sorry, Joe) should stay away from the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Keep it simple. Better for lugging dog chow:)

xoxo
    Victoria
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    aisling8 said:

Hmmm
    But he's got all the dogs; right? I live coastal and I'm kinda partial to the old Toyota Land Cruiser with the sheepskin seat covers and the dogs in the back and surfboards on top.

Guys of a certain age (sorry, Joe) should stay away from the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Keep it simple. Better for lugging dog chow:)

xoxo
    Victoria

Subaru...
    I suggest a Subaru all wheel drive wagon for the pups and snow....safe and fast car.

JoyD
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    JoyD said:

Subaru...
    I suggest a Subaru all wheel drive wagon for the pups and snow....safe and fast car.

JoyD

Toyota
    I love my red Tacoma 4 x 4 pickup with extended cab. I waited 11 years to get this truck (that's what I get for listening to family instead of myself)and wouldn't drive anything but a truck now.

Sher
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Sher43009 said:

Toyota
    I love my red Tacoma 4 x 4 pickup with extended cab. I waited 11 years to get this truck (that's what I get for listening to family instead of myself)and wouldn't drive anything but a truck now.

Sher

In my previous post....
    ....I suggested a convertible.....my preference would be a beamer.....color choice..hmmm...the color of butter with a tan top...no wait that looks good on blonds...how about navy with a navy top? Yeah, I think so.
    Surprised I didn't say Green?? Me too!
    Melanie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Love those minivans!
    IMHP a Chrysler minivan is the best. It transports dogs cause it's got two bench seats and if you need to transport stuff you can take the seats out. We've carried drywall and lumber and all kinds of stuff in ours. It's wonderful in the snow too. Front wheel drive and higher than a car so you can see better too. I haven't seen the new ones tho so maybe I should put in a disclaimer.
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Marcia527 said:

Love those minivans!
    IMHP a Chrysler minivan is the best. It transports dogs cause it's got two bench seats and if you need to transport stuff you can take the seats out. We've carried drywall and lumber and all kinds of stuff in ours. It's wonderful in the snow too. Front wheel drive and higher than a car so you can see better too. I haven't seen the new ones tho so maybe I should put in a disclaimer.

I'm a Honda girl
    but I'd have to go with Sue on this one, my dream car is a 65 mustang convertible, cherry red - be still my heart, mercy ;)

Helen
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    helen e said:

I'm a Honda girl
    but I'd have to go with Sue on this one, my dream car is a 65 mustang convertible, cherry red - be still my heart, mercy ;)

Helen

Actually, ladies
    I once owned a brand new red 1999 Mustang. It only took three weeks for the Wisconsin State Patrol (much to Moopy's delight) to nail me for driving it too fast. We also had a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan, which we bought when it looked like we might get to become parents. Much to my surprise, I really liked it. I ran it into the ground chasing trains around town and taking Moopy on road trips - 80,000 miles in a little more than two years. Traded it in just before it fell apart.

What I'm looking at now is a 2011 VW Tiguan. VW dealers apparently don't discount, so I am currently busting the salesman over the value of my two trade-ins. Any Kindred Spirit in the Ozarks area interested in buying a car?
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Aortus said:

Actually, ladies
    I once owned a brand new red 1999 Mustang. It only took three weeks for the Wisconsin State Patrol (much to Moopy's delight) to nail me for driving it too fast. We also had a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan, which we bought when it looked like we might get to become parents. Much to my surprise, I really liked it. I ran it into the ground chasing trains around town and taking Moopy on road trips - 80,000 miles in a little more than two years. Traded it in just before it fell apart.

What I'm looking at now is a 2011 VW Tiguan. VW dealers apparently don't discount, so I am currently busting the salesman over the value of my two trade-ins. Any Kindred Spirit in the Ozarks area interested in buying a car?

Joe
    when my husband was truck shopping he wanted a shiny red Dodge Dakota. He ended up with a silver gray one! I don't know what the VW Tiguan looks like. I test drove a Pasat before buying my Camry. The VW dealer wasn't willing to give me much on my trade in so he lost a deal. My sister drives a Jetta and a good friend has a lime green "bug". I guess you have to be practical because of where you live. Does the Tiguan have 4 wheel drive like a Subaru? Good luck car shopping.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Aortus said:

Actually, ladies

We have owned SUV's for
    We have owned SUV's for years now. We have a Tahoe that is awesome. I can go shopping and it holds all of my purchases. LOL

♥ Noel
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Noel said:

We have owned SUV's for
    We have owned SUV's for years now. We have a Tahoe that is awesome. I can go shopping and it holds all of my purchases. LOL

♥ Noel

well come to Texas my
    well come to Texas my brother will make you a deal!!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

well come to Texas my
    well come to Texas my brother will make you a deal!!!

Joe .. Yes, VW, Mercedes and BMW dealers out here
    in California .. don't deal! Volvo dealerships as well as Audi's do ... My husband and I looked for months .. on line, on lots, private listings .. before purchasing a new SUV .. BMW for him -- He preferred a truck/van -- but having just spent 15 months doing chemo, enduring endless surgeries ... I wanted him to have something fun .. something he deserved for all his support, committment to me and my journey .. Like yourself, he has been there with me .. walking or standing shoulder to shouloder -- day and night -- took a leave of absence from work .. played Mom to our 2 children -- for 15 months.

I went out and purchased a new BMW .. just for him -- negotiated a fair deal, 100K warranty - the whole deal -- (by profession, I am a Purchasing Agent), so I had to dealerships on the phone, while I was at the 3rd -- getting the best possible price. I also selected the color -- black on black .. hehehehhe ---

Good luck and happy shopping ..

Vicki Sam