Tips needed...after 1st chemo returning to work

LVG
LVG Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm returning to work tomorrow following 1st Adriamycin, Cytoxan chemo treatment. I've packed my soft toothbrush, biotine mouthwash, & gum. Hubby will make a fruit smoothie with lunch. My treatment was Thursday and you predicted, I was out on the couch Saturday & Sunday - a little better today. I can drink water if i drink it fast... Will pack fruit punch bottles.
Your expertise has been so helpful.

One step at a time for us - for real.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    That's the way to look at it!
    One step at a time.

I'm glad you knew what to expect. I got into a routine and was able to work throughout Chemo and Radiation. But you do get tired, especially with the Radiation so maybe you can slip away somewhere and take a few.

Soon, Chemo will be over.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    You sound well prepared!
    Just take it easy on yourself, and take small breaks if you can to refresh your mind.

Do you work in an office setting? I do, and found that I could function fairly well, but it was hard to concentrate, so I would take a quick walk around the office and it helped to refresh my brain a bit.

Rest up when you get home. Don't try to do any more than you absolutely have to. It sounds like your hubby is being very supportive, which is terrific.

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Wellll
    Sounds like you're a good girl scout. Might I offer,gatorade. I like the blue one. Not a gator fan, but chemo is dehydrating and although water is great, need some electrolytes. Remember, flush twice. Lol They told me I was toxic for at least 48 hrs. Takes little walks and little breaks if possible. Good luck, Katz
  • Katz77 said:

Wellll
    Sounds like you're a good girl scout. Might I offer,gatorade. I like the blue one. Not a gator fan, but chemo is dehydrating and although water is great, need some electrolytes. Remember, flush twice. Lol They told me I was toxic for at least 48 hrs. Takes little walks and little breaks if possible. Good luck, Katz

Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    I kept some ginger ale at work...I sipped it if I even started to feel slightly nauseous and it seemed to help me. I also made sure I had some protein at least every other day between treatments.

Best wishes
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Thanks all...
    I knew I'd get

Thanks all...
    I knew I'd get great tips before turning in. I am a bit anxious about going tomorrow - but know to take one step at a time. Will pick up gingerale & Gatorade. Will certainly remember to flush twice! I have a private office - so, I can close my door when I can't take much.

These are all so great - I'm drained. Thanks again.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    sea60 said:

That's the way to look at it!
    One step at a time.

I'm glad you knew what to expect. I got into a routine and was able to work throughout Chemo and Radiation. But you do get tired, especially with the Radiation so maybe you can slip away somewhere and take a few.

Soon, Chemo will be over.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Chemo wasn't part of my
    Chemo wasn't part of my treatment, but, I wanted to wish you good luck going back to work. Just be kind to yourself and take it easy.

Good luck,

Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    LVG said:

Thanks all...
    I knew I'd get

Thanks all...
    I knew I'd get great tips before turning in. I am a bit anxious about going tomorrow - but know to take one step at a time. Will pick up gingerale & Gatorade. Will certainly remember to flush twice! I have a private office - so, I can close my door when I can't take much.

These are all so great - I'm drained. Thanks again.

Hoping your first day back
    Hoping your first day back to work went great for you LVG.

♥ Noel
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Noel said:

Hoping your first day back
    Hoping your first day back to work went great for you LVG.

♥ Noel

Hope all goes well.
    I hope your return to work goes well...it seems as if you are prepared and have the support of a thoughtful husband. I am retired, so did not have to go back to work. I carried on all my normal activities, but there were days when I just had to crash. You will be lucky if those days are Saturday and Sunday. One day and one treatment at a time and this will soon be over. Take care. Pat
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Hope all goes well.
    I hope your return to work goes well...it seems as if you are prepared and have the support of a thoughtful husband. I am retired, so did not have to go back to work. I carried on all my normal activities, but there were days when I just had to crash. You will be lucky if those days are Saturday and Sunday. One day and one treatment at a time and this will soon be over. Take care. Pat

Hoping that your first day
    Hoping that your first day back was a great day for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice
    I did not do chemo..but just wanted to tell you thinking of you...
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

no advice
    I did not do chemo..but just wanted to tell you thinking of you...

Hoping your going back to
    Hoping your going back to work turned out to be a good day for you. Update us about it when you can.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣