Nothing New Waiting to see Surgeon

mom62
mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,
I had a follow up with my oncologist the other day. I have had a brain ct, xrays, petscan and chest ct. I have unexplained broken ribs and my bone met on my right have all been causing pain. So I get the "were not sure if it's cancer breaking your ribs or just a catastrophic event that happened." Well I have not fallen or done anything I'm not suppose to so of course I think it's cancer. He said the only way to really find out is to do a rib biopsy and then I can't be guaranteed they would get the part of the rib that may have cancer and come out with a clear margine. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to scream. I see my thoracic surgeon next week so we'll see what he has to say. My oncologist is just keeping me on hormone therapy for now and monitoring me. I'm so depressed. I thought after all the surgeries and infections I had last year I would be feeling better but it's so uncomfortable to sleep because of the pain. I saw my rhumatologist yesterday at least that is getting better now that I'm back on my rituxin infusions. I'm just so frustrated. I just needed to vent. I've been crying a lot the past few days and just want to be alone. I'm so sad about Moopy too. Stage 4 stinks! I'm sick of it, I feel like I live at the doctors, not my favorite place to be. I think this winter weather isn't helping either. Thanks for letting me vent. To all my sisters/brothers, thanks.

Terry

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Terry, I am so sorry that you are going thru so much!
    Breast cancer SUCKS and it's many side effort, complications along with endless surgeries, doctor's appointments and insomina.

Vent away .. I always do. We are here for you 24/7.

I will keep you in good thoughts and prayers.

Strength, Courage and Hugs ..

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

Terry, I am so sorry that you are going thru so much!
    Breast cancer SUCKS and it's many side effort, complications along with endless surgeries, doctor's appointments and insomina.

Vent away .. I always do. We are here for you 24/7.

I will keep you in good thoughts and prayers.

Strength, Courage and Hugs ..

Vicki Sam

So sorry Terry. Like Vicki
    So sorry Terry. Like Vicki Sam said, vent away.

Prayers and hugs sent,

Jan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

So sorry Terry. Like Vicki
    So sorry Terry. Like Vicki Sam said, vent away.

Prayers and hugs sent,

Jan

Terry please stay positive
    Sorry ,
    You know we are here for you. Sometimes. Doctors do not know or they think they do ...
    You do not want to rush any treatment plan changes. You can always seek a second opinion or consultation
    Are you on Zometa or Boniva?
    .since you are on estrogen blocker you migh have estrogen depletion and fracture as a result of osteoporosis.
    Please keep us posted,
    Sending you a big hug
    New Flower
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Sorry ,
    You know we are here for you. Sometimes. Doctors do not know or they think they do ...
    You do not want to rush any treatment plan changes. You can always seek a second opinion or consultation
    .since you are on estrogen blocker you migh have estrogen depletion and fracture as a result of osteoporosis.
    Please keep us posted,
    Sending you a big hug
    New Flower

Terry,
    I am so sorry that

Terry,
    I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Stef
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    fauxma said:

Terry,
    I am so sorry that

Terry,
    I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Stef

Keeping you in my
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Leeza
  • mom62
    jnl said:

Keeping you in my
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Leeza

Thanks for the Support
    Hi,

Thank you all for your well wishes. I appreciate the support. I'm not on any medicine other than the Arimidex and Lupron shots. I'm waiting to see what the surgeon says, I love to play the doctors against each other to see what they say....
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    mom62 said:

Thanks for the Support
    Hi,

Thank you all for your well wishes. I appreciate the support. I'm not on any medicine other than the Arimidex and Lupron shots. I'm waiting to see what the surgeon says, I love to play the doctors against each other to see what they say....

Hoping your surgeon will
    Hoping your surgeon will have some answers for you. Keep us updated.

God bless you,

Debby
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    DebbyM said:

Hoping your surgeon will
    Hoping your surgeon will have some answers for you. Keep us updated.

God bless you,

Debby

I agree, stage 4 stinks. I
    I agree, stage 4 stinks. I have bone mets, but so far i have not had any broken bones. We have to stay strong, but i know that Moopy was strong and positive and had a loving husband yet she lost the fight. It seems like when i see the doctor i just shut down , i can't even cry. I cry when i think of my children and how sad this will be for them.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    meena1 said:

I agree, stage 4 stinks. I
    I agree, stage 4 stinks. I have bone mets, but so far i have not had any broken bones. We have to stay strong, but i know that Moopy was strong and positive and had a loving husband yet she lost the fight. It seems like when i see the doctor i just shut down , i can't even cry. I cry when i think of my children and how sad this will be for them.

Terry
    Terry, this is the one place you can vent. I often wish I could make things better for everyone..but we all know that's not possible...so the best we can do is be supportive and love each other. I hope things get resolved for you soon.

Stay strong Meena and Terry. I know that when you are in pain...staying positive is not easy. With love Pat
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Sorry ,
    Please keep us posted,
    Sending you a big hug
    New Flower

I'm so sorry Terry. Please
    I'm so sorry Terry. Please do try to stay positive and keep fighting.
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Keep on Keeping ON
    You are the amazing survivors of all time.
    The amazing efforts you all make to put those feet in front of one another does not go unnoticed by this one.
    I have been coming to this site since before 2000 I guess I just wasn't a memeber from the beginning. I too have times when I am not around as much sometimes not at all but life keeps bringing me back long before it seems the real need has been there. Now I am here and can't imagine not having your spirits touch me. There are many of us who have lost many friends and family along the way let alone the most amazing women I have gotten to know all through me years here. The LOVE is what is most important and that love is sometimes easier to feel than what comes from those around us. I am beginning to truly understand this Kindred Spirit thing and that has taken years to freely feel it.
    LOVE YOU ALL
    Tara
  • mom62
    24242 said:

Keep on Keeping ON
    The amazing efforts you all make to put those feet in front of one another does not go unnoticed by this one.
    I have been coming to this site since before 2000 I guess I just wasn't a memeber from the beginning. I too have times when I am not around as much sometimes not at all but life keeps bringing me back long before it seems the real need has been there. Now I am here and can't imagine not having your spirits touch me. There are many of us who have lost many friends and family along the way let alone the most amazing women I have gotten to know all through me years here. The LOVE is what is most important and that love is sometimes easier to feel than what comes from those around us. I am beginning to truly understand this Kindred Spirit thing and that has taken years to freely feel it.
    LOVE YOU ALL
    Tara

Thanks Again
    Thank you all again for your support. Without you all sometimes I think I would go nuts. It's just something no one can understand unless you've been through it. As much as I get support from family and friends sometimes they just don't "get it". I'll keep you posted as to my surgeon visit on Wednesday.

Terry
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    24242 said:

Keep on Keeping ON
    LOVE YOU ALL
    Tara

Sending prayers and
    Sending prayers and hugs!

Diane