anyone have breast to liver cancer

henrietta6
henrietta6 Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have breast to liver cancer and now only have to do Herceptine every 3wks. anyone out there doing herceptine for more than a year????

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Hi Henrietta
    Sorry for your medical condition. My aunt has the same name which I like a lot.
    I am not on this drug, however my primary care doctor's mother was on it for two years.
    Sorry that you do not have many responses.I am sure sisters who have similar condition wil answer and get in touch with you soon.
    Today our friend from this board Lisa has passed away and everybody is in mouring and do not very responsive at this point. Please re-post again if you do not seen enough support
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

Hi Henrietta
    I am not on this drug, however my primary care doctor's mother was on it for two years.
    Sorry that you do not have many responses.I am sure sisters who have similar condition wil answer and get in touch with you soon.
    Today our friend from this board Lisa has passed away and everybody is in mouring and do not very responsive at this point. Please re-post again if you do not seen enough support
    Hugs
    New Flower

Henrietta
    Hello, I too have breast cancer with mets to the liver. I have not quite been on Herceptin for a year but am getting close. I get it weekly and today was treatment #46. If you receive Herceptin alone, I believe it is very tolerable. If you receive it in conjunction with a traditional chemo drug, any side effects would likely be related to that drug (ie: Taxol or Taxotere). Please come back again and let us know how you're doing. Best wishes.
    Marsha
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Hi Henrietta
    Hugs
    New Flower

Welcome Henrietta. Like New
    Welcome Henrietta. Like New Flower wrote, we lost a sister today and it has been tough. I hope that more will respond to you when they read this.

Sending prayers and hugs,

Megan
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Megan M said:

Welcome Henrietta. Like New
    Welcome Henrietta. Like New Flower wrote, we lost a sister today and it has been tough. I hope that more will respond to you when they read this.

Sending prayers and hugs,

Megan

I have breast cancer with
    I have breast cancer with liver mets and i have been on Herceptin along with a chemotherapy drug since June. I was also on Herceptin for a year 2 1/2 years ago. There are only a few of us here with liver mets or stage 4 cancer so you may not get many responses. Where do you live and receive treatment? I get treatment at a large cancer facility in Philadelphia. Are you getting any chemo drug with the Herceptin?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am stage 4 with liver
    I am stage 4 with liver mets...I am not on Herceptin ( yet) as I have so far been responding well to Tamoxifen, which I have been taking since June. As the sisters here posted, we are not generally this aloof and non-responsive! Please feel welcome to the family of support; we are truly an amazing national and international group of mostly women who support each other in miraculous was.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • henrietta6
    meena1 said:

I have breast cancer with
    I have breast cancer with liver mets and i have been on Herceptin along with a chemotherapy drug since June. I was also on Herceptin for a year 2 1/2 years ago. There are only a few of us here with liver mets or stage 4 cancer so you may not get many responses. Where do you live and receive treatment? I get treatment at a large cancer facility in Philadelphia. Are you getting any chemo drug with the Herceptin?

no chemo just herceptin
    I'm in Long Island NY. I had heceptine w/the chemo but now only have herceptin 1x every 3wks. I feel great since the chemo stopped my surgery has healed and now it's Muga and Pet scans every 3 mths.I finished my chemo in May 2009 and my hair has returned white and curly looks pretty good.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    chenheart said:

I am stage 4 with liver
    I am stage 4 with liver mets...I am not on Herceptin ( yet) as I have so far been responding well to Tamoxifen, which I have been taking since June. As the sisters here posted, we are not generally this aloof and non-responsive! Please feel welcome to the family of support; we are truly an amazing national and international group of mostly women who support each other in miraculous was.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Welcome ... Miss Heneriette -- I am happy you found
    our site of wonderful, supportive and caring WARRIORS. I am unhappy, that you had to! Please know that we are here 24/7 to lend a supportive ear, or post. Please never give up, or never give in.

Strength, Love and Courage -- I wish for you and all our WARRIORS above that have posted, and currently in the 'fight of their life'.

Vicki Sam
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    VickiSam said:

Welcome ... Miss Heneriette -- I am happy you found
    our site of wonderful, supportive and caring WARRIORS. I am unhappy, that you had to! Please know that we are here 24/7 to lend a supportive ear, or post. Please never give up, or never give in.

Strength, Love and Courage -- I wish for you and all our WARRIORS above that have posted, and currently in the 'fight of their life'.

Vicki Sam

I have a doctor appt
    I have a doctor appt tomorrow so i will find out my new treatment plan. I am not sure if the herceptin has been working, so they may try something else. I know that they have me down for chemo also. Of course there is a big snow/ice storm coming so hopefully i will make it there safely.
  • henrietta6
    meena1 said:

I have a doctor appt
    I have a doctor appt tomorrow so i will find out my new treatment plan. I am not sure if the herceptin has been working, so they may try something else. I know that they have me down for chemo also. Of course there is a big snow/ice storm coming so hopefully i will make it there safely.

doctor appt
    meena1 how did your doctor appmnt go ?any new treatment???