Off subject...mom update....'guardedly' good news...

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My mom is still in ICU, but she is off the ventilator, and her white cell count is going down...my sister said she seems to respond more to stimulation...

Upon further investigation, the doctors think she had a small stroke, affecting her left side. Again,it's a bit of 'wait and see' as to how much permanent damage she is left with. She is still being fed with an NG tube, so, I suppose, after she moves to a normal nursing floor, they will try to start feeding her by mouth again.

So, thank you all, again, for your prayers! They are definately working!!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    great she is off ventilator
    I am sending good thoughts your way...day by day
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

great she is off ventilator
    I am sending good thoughts your way...day by day

Kathi
    I'm so glad there is some good news. We'll still be sending good vibes. Take care Pat
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kathi, it's nice to read
    Kathi, it's nice to read some good news. So happy to read that your mom is off the ventilator, that's a positive step. Continuing to send strength to you to help you through these tough times and prayers to your mom to continue her improvement. Take care and keep us posted.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Kathi, it's nice to read
    Kathi, it's nice to read some good news. So happy to read that your mom is off the ventilator, that's a positive step. Continuing to send strength to you to help you through these tough times and prayers to your mom to continue her improvement. Take care and keep us posted.

Kathi .. yes, this is good news indeed === I am
    grateful that all the prayers are working, and Mom is off the ventilator. I am sure this gives you a little piece of mind ..

Take care and keep us updated, please.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Glad there has been
    Glad there has been progress. I will pray that it continues and she gets better and stronger every day. Life certainly is a challenge but I know that you are up for it. Just wish you didn't have to be.
    Stef
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Kathi,
    Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean