Moopy .. First chemo treatment today, 1/13 .. how are you doing?

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Sending prayers for strength, positive thoughts for courage, and cyber hugs of love.

Vicki Sam

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Yes, indeed!
    We're standing behind you, Moopy and Aortus!

Prayers for healing, strength, encouragement & steadfast hearts.

Light, Life & Healing,
    dh
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Moopdate
    С днем рождения, дорогая Виктория!

I just got back from visiting Moopy. She was transferred to the ICU this afternoon because her blood pressure was low and she was feeling faint whenever she moved. The oncology nurse told me this afternoon that it was likely a result from yesterday's chemo, and that if so, it would not affect her ability to get further chemo treatments. At most, the chemo dosage would be altered. According to the ICU nurse, Moopy has been receiving blood transfusions and her blood work is getting better. If she gets over the faintness, she will probably be back up in the oncology ward tomorrow.

But tired as she is, she is still Moopy. Last night she was getting hooked up for chemo and she asked the chemo nurse: "What about the Emend?" The chemo nurse (who is a very nice and caring person) told us that Moopy's oncologist hadn't prescribed any Emend. "Okay," replied Moopy. "If I throw up even once, I'm going to dial up the on-call oncologist every 15 minutes all night long." At this point I tactfully suggested that the on-call oncologist might be willing to prescribe some Emend. Which, in fact, turned out to be the case. What a Moopy!

Moopy also asked me to let you know that she can feel the circle of love and prayer and Kindred thoughts surrounding her every moment of every day. We both thank you for everything you have done for us, and continue to do for us.

Love,
    Moopy and Joe
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thanks
    For the "Moopdate"!

Sorry to hear that the treatment was rough for her, but I'm taking that as a sign that it's also rough on the Beast!

It certainly sounds like her spirit is not in the least diminished, which is pretty much what I would expect from her.

Sending healing cyber-hugs,
    Cindy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Aortus said:

Moopdate

I just got back from visiting Moopy. She was transferred to the ICU this afternoon because her blood pressure was low and she was feeling faint whenever she moved. The oncology nurse told me this afternoon that it was likely a result from yesterday's chemo, and that if so, it would not affect her ability to get further chemo treatments. At most, the chemo dosage would be altered. According to the ICU nurse, Moopy has been receiving blood transfusions and her blood work is getting better. If she gets over the faintness, she will probably be back up in the oncology ward tomorrow.

But tired as she is, she is still Moopy. Last night she was getting hooked up for chemo and she asked the chemo nurse: "What about the Emend?" The chemo nurse (who is a very nice and caring person) told us that Moopy's oncologist hadn't prescribed any Emend. "Okay," replied Moopy. "If I throw up even once, I'm going to dial up the on-call oncologist every 15 minutes all night long." At this point I tactfully suggested that the on-call oncologist might be willing to prescribe some Emend. Which, in fact, turned out to be the case. What a Moopy!

Moopy also asked me to let you know that she can feel the circle of love and prayer and Kindred thoughts surrounding her every moment of every day. We both thank you for everything you have done for us, and continue to do for us.

Love,
    Moopy and Joe

Thanks, Joe...
    Moopy is simply amazing.

Love, Susan xo
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Thanks
    For the "Moopdate"!

Sorry to hear that the treatment was rough for her, but I'm taking that as a sign that it's also rough on the Beast!

It certainly sounds like her spirit is not in the least diminished, which is pretty much what I would expect from her.

Sending healing cyber-hugs,
    Cindy

Thank you Joe
    Thank you very much for Moopdate.
    Wishing Lisa quick recovery after Chemo. Hopefully transfusion helps her gain energy and feel better. Please tell her that we have been thinking about her every day.
    Sending positive thoughts and cyber hugs to both of you.
    New Flower
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Aortus said:

Moopdate

Love,
    Moopy and Joe

So sorry to read that Moopy
    So sorry to read that Moopy is in ICU, but, it sounds like she won't be for long. Thank you for the update.

One of her sisters in pink praying,

Debby
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Aortus said:

Moopdate

Love,
    Moopy and Joe

Moopy, Hold on tight - this
    Moopy, Hold on tight - this is a rough spot. You will have a better day soon. Sending you all my love and prayers. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Thanks Joe,
    Sending hugs & prayers to you and Moopy.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Thanks Joe,
    Sending hugs & prayers to you and Moopy.

Thank you Joe ...
    Thank you for the update. You know how concerned we all are for our wonderful Moopy and I'm so glad she is feeling our "virtual" hugs ... and hopes and prayers. We're with you Moopy ... every second of the day.

love and hugs to you both

Teena
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    tgf said:

Thank you Joe ...
    Thank you for the update. You know how concerned we all are for our wonderful Moopy and I'm so glad she is feeling our "virtual" hugs ... and hopes and prayers. We're with you Moopy ... every second of the day.

love and hugs to you both

Teena

I've been concerned so thanks.
    Since I heard the news, both of you have been in my thoughts. I imagine Moopy surrounded in white healing light. Joe you are an angel on earth and we all love you both very much.

Roseann
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

Moopdate

Love,
    Moopy and Joe

Joe,
    That is so like Moopy

Joe,
    That is so like Moopy and it worked which is the best result. I am glad to hear that although her counts were low and she was faint that she will be able to continue the treatments. Wish to H3LL she didn't have to but she will do what she needs to do. I know that she will fight with you by her side. And I know she knows how beloved she is by all of us. I know that you do also. Please take care of yourself, eat, sleep, and try not to stress (so very hard to do I know) but we want you to continue to be in good health. We often forget the toil that this can take on those near and dear to us. You need to make sure that you are healthy so that you will be there by your best gal to help her through this. You and she are one of favorite couples. I just see the love for each other in your picture and I hear it in your words. When I see the avatar of you with Moopy snuggled up to you it makes me smile. Love of my life, our hearts interwine, a lifetime of caring and sharing, you will always be mine. This is something that I have always felt for my Den and I think that it fits you both as well. A little sappy but it's true of any couple who have gone through so much together.
    Tell Moopy to keep being the sassy gal. Give no quarter and suffer no fools.
    Stef
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    roseann4 said:

I've been concerned so thanks.
    Since I heard the news, both of you have been in my thoughts. I imagine Moopy surrounded in white healing light. Joe you are an angel on earth and we all love you both very much.

Roseann

I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I was not aware that Moopy was in the hospital. I am looking at her for inspiration and hope, we are going through this together. I just know that she will get through this, and i will continue to pray.