luv3jay, Sheri, asked me to update here

dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Sheri (Lewis Magee) is in the hospital, and asked me to share this information: Her cancer tumors have metastisized to her brain and are inoperable. She's being taken off her chemotherapy regimen, and will be undergoing radiation 5 days a weeks. She also said: Please let the board know and I will let them know when I can get back to them. Love you guys

Sheri is a woman of great faith. Please lift her in prayer.

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Very Upsetting....
    Hi Diane

That is sobering news - I had no idea that things had turned on her so quickly. She wrote me a PM not too long ago, and said she still had tumors in her lung that she was working on.

The brain is new territory for me, so I can only hope that her doctors do what is right or that can be done. This is what we can all hope for.

If you are able to do so, please pass along my well wishes and will be thinking of her.

Thank you for the update.

-Craig
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Very Upsetting....
    Hi Diane

That is sobering news - I had no idea that things had turned on her so quickly. She wrote me a PM not too long ago, and said she still had tumors in her lung that she was working on.

The brain is new territory for me, so I can only hope that her doctors do what is right or that can be done. This is what we can all hope for.

If you are able to do so, please pass along my well wishes and will be thinking of her.

Thank you for the update.

-Craig

Pepe.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    oh no!
    Thanks for letting us know, Diane. I am so sad to hear this. Sheri and I seemed to be in a similar situation with how/where our tumors were before, so it's sad and scary to hear the mets have gone to her brain. Yes, let Sheri know I will definitely be praying hard for her!!

Lisa
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    lisa42 said:

oh no!
    Thanks for letting us know, Diane. I am so sad to hear this. Sheri and I seemed to be in a similar situation with how/where our tumors were before, so it's sad and scary to hear the mets have gone to her brain. Yes, let Sheri know I will definitely be praying hard for her!!

Lisa

Give her Love and Prayers from me as well.........
    As Aud says....I am Holding her in the Light..............Clift
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Diane
    Let her know please, my most fervent prayers her way, and my warmest thoughts.
    Winter Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, Diane + Sheri, for ensuring we know what is happening. It is my understanding that radiation can be really effective on brain tumours; this is what I wish for you Sheri. Warm thoughts + HUGS are headed your way.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Diane,

Sheri,
    I am so sorry. You are in my prayers. I hope the radiation helps. You are such a dear.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • grannyc
    grannyc Member Posts: 63
    prayers and love going out
    my prayrs and love are going out for her. Even though I have not contributed much here I know many of you and your journeys.
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    good vibes and prayers are sent to you
    Sheri, my good vibes and prayers are sent to you. - Hugs, Lucy
  • tr71068
    tr71068 Member Posts: 26
    My thoughts and Prayers go out to her
    Sorry to hear that she will be in my thoughts and prayers
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Oh No:
    Sheri just got married, I think it was around October? She also has 3 children. Yes Diane, please tell her she will be remembered in prayer as I know she is a woman of faith and has always been an encouraging person on this board even with her difficulties.

Thanks - Tina and George
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so sorry to hear this.
    I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping you in prayer Sheri!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Prayers for healing
    Thank you Diane for letting us know.

I add my prayers for her treatments to be sucessful, and to bring her spiritual uplifting at this difficult time.

Marie who loves kitties
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    So many good wishes and
    So many good wishes and prayers coming your way. Jean
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Heartbreaking news
    Thanks for posting this Diane. Please let Sheri know I am holding her in the light, as are so many others here.

Love, Leslie
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    lesvanb said:

Heartbreaking news
    Thanks for posting this Diane. Please let Sheri know I am holding her in the light, as are so many others here.

Love, Leslie

very sad
    Diane,

Thanks for the update on Sheri. I wish it was better news, but I hope her spirits are up. I will be adding her to my prayers.

Don
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    This is just terrible.
    This is just terrible. thank you, Diane, for letting us know.

Sheri, I am holding you in the Light for healing and hope.
    ~Aud
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awful
    Let her know she is in my prayers. Didn't realize that she was having further problems. So sorry that she is going through this.

Kim
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Awful
    Let her know she is in my prayers. Didn't realize that she was having further problems. So sorry that she is going through this.

Kim

So sad!
    She will definitely be in my prayers. Sorry to hear this!
  • Nana b said:

So sad!
    She will definitely be in my prayers. Sorry to hear this!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator