Prayers Needed Please *update*

dorookie
dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,

As you know this is the first place I turn to when I need advise or prayers. Just got a call from my daughter (19), she just came from her OBGYN, we are awaiting the results of her pap smear, she has had 2 abnormal ones in the last 18 months, if this one is abnormal as well, the doctor is suspecting cervical cancer, I am scared to death, my first thoughts were that she might have colon cancer that spread to her female parts. If this one is abnormal then they will do a biopsy, I am just sick to my stomach, Please pray that cancer is not the answer in this case.

I will write more later when I know more....just please remember her in your prayers, her name is Erika Nicole.

Thanks
HUGS
Beth

**********update*****************
Thank you all for your prayers, got the word from the doctor and great news, not what we suspected, thank GOD, PRAYERS DO WORK, Thanks everyone, you are all the BEST...

HUGS
Beth

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    You Got It!!!!...
    Prayers coming Erika's way!!! Sending positive vibes that it's something simple and easily treatable. Hugging you Beth!!!!

Jen
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    As a man that dated an ob/gyn for 3 years.....
    there are 1000 things that can cause abnormalities in PAP Smears.......please relax Beth , it will be ok........Love to you and yours, Buzz
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Buzzard said:

As a man that dated an ob/gyn for 3 years.....
    there are 1000 things that can cause abnormalities in PAP Smears.......please relax Beth , it will be ok........Love to you and yours, Buzz

My best vibes ,prayers and thoughts from here Beth!
    I'm sure is nothing involved with cancer!
    Hugs!
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    pepebcn said:

My best vibes ,prayers and thoughts from here Beth!
    I'm sure is nothing involved with cancer!
    Hugs!

O my gosh
    I will, take care beth

michelle
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Sending them
    Sending a prayer or two, am sure it will be all right.
    Winter Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Beth
    I am sorry for this worry. I have a feeling all will be well. Please let us know. Hugs to you Beth.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I have had abnormal paps.
    I have had abnormal paps. Sometimes they come up and it is no big deal. In regards to colon cancer. It is linked to ovarian and breast cancer-not cervical. Doc probably wants to check everything to be sure. The female body is sensitive. I can't count how many abnormal paps or false positive preggers tests that I have had. The big thing is to always follow up with retests.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    On the way
    Prayers on the way for normal results.

Kim
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

On the way

Kim

anything
    anything you need Beth comin your way

it's going to be fine...

mags
  • Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member

On the way

Kim

Sending them your way
    my prayers are with you and your daughter. I know it's easier said than done but take a deep breath and try not to worry, everything will be ok :)
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    For all of you
    Prayers for all of you as you await the results, and that there is no abnormality this time.

Know that we are here for you and your loved ones.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Beth
    A girlfriend had the same thing happen to her but the third PAP was fine. So prayers heading your way tonight that this one is all good.

Amy
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Prayers are being sent your

Prayers are being sent your way... And maybe hearing this will make you feel a little better - I've had abnormal paps for over three years now (checked every 6 months), and my latest one came back perfectly normal. So, as Buzz mentioned earlier, there are many things that can cause an abnormal pap besides cancer. Please try not to worry so much, she'll be just fine, I know it. :-) Hugs, Cynthia
  • OGammy01
    OGammy01 Member Posts: 67
    Prayers
    Beth,
    As soon as read your post, I stopped and prayed for your daughter and you. And I will continue to do so. Hang in there everything will be fine!

Diane
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Holding your daughter and you in my heart
    Hang in there. I agree that abnormal paps (and nothing else comes up) are common.

all the best, Leslie
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Praying for you all.
    Big

Praying for you all.

Big hugs and prayers,

Debbie
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Beth
    Beth,
    I am holding you and Erika in my prayers. It is so scary when something is going on with our kids. Praying all turns out OK.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    I pray all is well with her!
    I pray all is well with her! I had precancer cells removed many years ago, never another problem (well with that kind of cancer) after that.
  • WendyKay
    WendyKay Member Posts: 19
    Prayers
    I am new to this, but I bet she will be just fine.
    And you have all my prayers.
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Prayers
    Beth, I'll say prayers for you and your daughter tonight.. my daughter had 3 abnormal tests,she did not have cancer and is now fine. Try and take one day at a time and know we are all thinking of you. Sending you a hug. Joyce