Wow! Wow! Wow!

onlytoday
onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
Just got back from onc follow-up.......wait for it..... wait for it....

I AM IN REMISSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful thing. So my dear, dear family. Thank you! I'm not going anywhere, I'm still staying with you all and I thank you for the love, prayers, support - all of it. You are truly an amazing bunch and you have lifted me up so many times that it humbles me. I only hope I can in some small way reciprocate. We will continue this journey together. Love and prayers to all and the big hope and prayer for your own Remission!

Love,
Donna

NMZNHL stage IV 05/10 Remission 1/11/11

Comments

• Tracie1981
    Tracie1981 Member Posts: 125
    Thats wonderful!!
    Congratulations!! Remission is such a beautiful word, especially coming out of a doctors mouth ;)God Bless!!!
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!
    That is some great news.Wait for it....Wait for it.... YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!! John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    COBRA666 said:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!
    That is some great news.Wait for it....Wait for it.... YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!! John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

So Happy For You!
    Donna,

I am so thrilled for you. Remission is a beautiful word and I'm so happy you were able to hear it from you doctor. I hope you get a chance to celebrate!!!!!

Leslie
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Fantastic!
    Hi Donna,
    So very happy for you! I can't wait to hear that wonderful, sweet R word! Now you can take a deep breath and get on with the "gooder" things in life. Gooder is a word you know,
    I heard it on a t.v commercial...hahaha! Thanks for sharing the news!!!
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)...soon to be in remission!
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Fantastic!
    Hi Donna,
    So very happy for you! I can't wait to hear that wonderful, sweet R word! Now you can take a deep breath and get on with the "gooder" things in life. Gooder is a word you know,

GOODER...DID YOU SAY GOODER?
    Yes, It has to be a real word if you heard it on tv. Thats how I know things are true too. I just tell myself I know its true,cause I saw it on TV.LOL LOL John
  • yesyes2
    COBRA666 said:

GOODER...DID YOU SAY GOODER?
    Yes, It has to be a real word if you heard it on tv. Thats how I know things are true too. I just tell myself I know its true,cause I saw it on TV.LOL LOL John

Gooder
    Hey Sue,

I saw that commercial on TV just yesterday. WOW.........gooder, who would have thunk it?

LOL,
    Leslie
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 said:

Gooder
    Hey Sue,

I saw that commercial on TV just yesterday. WOW.........gooder, who would have thunk it?

LOL,
    Leslie

HA HA
    John, you are just too funny. Please keep it up.
    Leslie
  • COBRA666
    yesyes2 said:

HA HA
    Leslie

Oh Yea
    Leslie,
    Those commercials are getting betterer and betterer. Some are the bestest I ever seen.They are getting gooder and gooder. My father always said my english was getting worser. Goes to show what he knowed. Who would have ever thunk we could get so smart watching the boob tube. Oh,Boy Sue you got us on a roll now. What the heck,its time to celebrate we got another one in "REMISSION" Way to go Donna
  • COBRA666
    yesyes2 said:

HA HA
    Leslie

Oh Yea
    Leslie,
    Those commercials are getting betterer and betterer. Some are the bestest I ever seen.They are getting gooder and gooder. My father always said my english was getting worser. Goes to show what he knowed. Who would have ever thunk we could get so smart watching the boob tube. Oh,Boy Sue you got us on a roll now. What the heck,its time to celebrate we got another one in "REMISSION" Way to go Donna
  • CiAnnaBananna
    CiAnnaBananna Member Posts: 105
    congrats!
    what a great way to start the new year! congratulations!
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member

congrats!
    what a great way to start the new year! congratulations!

Congrats too!
    Wow, Donna,

What a roller coaster! Enjoy your elation and please stay in moments of joy and continue to live to the fullest.

Liz
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Gooder
    Hi Donna,

Love that commercial. It can't get any gooder than hearing your great news.
    It's been a long journey for you. It seems 2011 is a good year.

DX 09/09 extranodal marginal zone b cell nhl remission maggie
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Fantastic!
    Hi Donna,

GOODER!!!!!!!
    Sue,
    I heard that commercial late last night. I have no idea what they were advertising,I was on the computer and heard them say it. Nothing like a boob tube education. Who would have ever thunk it!!!! John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Fantastic!
    Hi Donna,

GOODER!!!!!!!
    Sue,
    I heard that commercial late last night. I have no idea what they were advertising,I was on the computer and heard them say it. Nothing like a boob tube education. Who would have ever thunk it!!!! John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    yeah!!!!
    way to go Donna!!!!!!!! continued health!!!!!
  • yesyes2
    vinny59 said:

yeah!!!!
    way to go Donna!!!!!!!! continued health!!!!!

OJ
    The commercial is for Tropicana low cal orange juice.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    yesyes2 said:

OJ
    The commercial is for Tropicana low cal orange juice.

Ha!
    This group just keeps getting "gooder and gooder"! ha! Now if all of our scans and tests will just keep getting "gooder and gooder"...we will then be the "bestest" we can be!
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Hooray Donna
    Great to hear that word REMISSION!!!! I am so happy for you. I have been in remission since June 2 2009. I am thankful for everyday I feel well. ENJOY everyday!!!
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    JoanieP said:

Hooray Donna
    Great to hear that word REMISSION!!!! I am so happy for you. I have been in remission since June 2 2009. I am thankful for everyday I feel well. ENJOY everyday!!!

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement and love. This journey is so hard - I know that right now I'm on a straight path and I'm so grateful for that. I pray that you all find yourself in Remission ! I pray for a long remission - long enough for the researchers to find a cure!! But.. the reality is this dreaded disease might rear it's ugly head again. But when it does I'm ready for the battle!

I truly couldn't have done this without all of you at my side. Last week was so so painful with the passing of my dear friend. I feel so sad and so mad at this stupid disease. It may turn out that something else ended his life, but NHL was certainly part of it. REALLY pisses me off.

So guys, lets just keep fighting. We can beat this damn thing! I don't know why we are saddled with this but I do know that I wouldn't want to be traveling this road with anyone else.

Love,
    Donna

NMZ NHL Stage IV 05/10 REMISSION 1/11/11
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    WOW!
    Donna, SUCH gooder news cannot be heard!
    Congratulations with whipped cream on top!
    I know how it feels -- and it's GREAT!
    So glad to hear. I wish you a speeder recovery from the past 7 months.
    Recovery is so much gooder than treatment.

We will roam the board together, along with all of the other remissioners.

And Sue, I am STILL anxious to hear your own experience 18th - 25th. The trend is good. The vibe is right.

Best to All,
    Tom (DLBCL-Stage 4-7/10-Remission)