Snow Day

Giant Poodles
Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We had 7 inches of snow at our house in Northeast Georgia, it is a record. Everything is shut down, interstates and everything. Now it is freezing rain. The News has been on since 5 this morning, just watching the snow. Sometimes we need the break!
Snowy Hugs,
Rhonda

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Rhonda,
    Wow, this mess is hitting everywhere. I guess that is the storm that is headed my way (Maryland) tomorrow. I hate the freezing rain. That is so dangerous. Hope you can stay in and stay warm. Be safe.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Rhonda,
    Wow, this mess is hitting everywhere. I guess that is the storm that is headed my way (Maryland) tomorrow. I hate the freezing rain. That is so dangerous. Hope you can stay in and stay warm. Be safe.

xoxo,
    Jean

Hi Rhonda and Jean,Im in
    Hi Rhonda and Jean,Im in between both of you I'm in S.C. and we have 7inches and now it's sleeting my husband is a truck driver he suppose to run Atlanta tomorrow hope they cancel his run.be warm and safe.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    mollyz said:

Hi Rhonda and Jean,Im in
    Hi Rhonda and Jean,Im in between both of you I'm in S.C. and we have 7inches and now it's sleeting my husband is a truck driver he suppose to run Atlanta tomorrow hope they cancel his run.be warm and safe.

Just cold here
    Sounds like a good day to stay in and warm. I love watching the snow. I don't get that chance here in the central part of Texas very often.Some parts of the state got some snow mostly north and northeast of me. It is cold though. It has only gotten up to 34 here, that is cold for us. Stay warm sisters! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    mollyz said:

Hi Rhonda and Jean,Im in

Hi mollyz,
    We were in South Carolina last week and it was in the 70's for 2 days. What part of South Carolina do you live? Be safe, and hopefully your husband doesn't have to go to Atlanta tomorrow.
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi mollyz,
    We were in South Carolina last week and it was in the 70's for 2 days. What part of South Carolina do you live? Be safe, and hopefully your husband doesn't have to go to Atlanta tomorrow.

Tired
    Ladies,
    I live in NE TN at the VA and NC borders. We have had snow since early Dec. I teach and in 3 weeks I've been to school 4 days since Dec. 6th. We are in make up mode now. They are calling for more snow til sometime Thurs. I'm kinda sick of the white stuff. My brother lives in Atlanta so I know how it is down that way. It has been extremely cold since Dec 6th too. I'll never pay my heat bill. Everybody keep warm.

Janie
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Rhonda
    besides the tragedy in Arizona the storms have been front page news. I feel bad for you southerners. You are getting pounded. In New England we're used to it. We had 6" Friday night and another 4" Saturday night. Tuesday into Wednesday we're expecting a foot of snow.
    Char
  • Giant Poodles
    cahjah75 said:

Rhonda
    besides the tragedy in Arizona the storms have been front page news. I feel bad for you southerners. You are getting pounded. In New England we're used to it. We had 6" Friday night and another 4" Saturday night. Tuesday into Wednesday we're expecting a foot of snow.
    Char

Good Day to Rest
    The News was on until 7pm, just watching how everything is closed. Hopefully, your husband won't have to travel through Atlanta. Schools are closed again tomorrow. Another snow day. But I made chicken corn chowder soup and choc. delight, so might 4 kids are happy for now. The oldest is off work for the next two days and the next oldest doesn't have to go to college (closed). Hopefully, it will be a restful day.
    Love,
    Rhonda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Good Day to Rest
    The News was on until 7pm, just watching how everything is closed. Hopefully, your husband won't have to travel through Atlanta. Schools are closed again tomorrow. Another snow day. But I made chicken corn chowder soup and choc. delight, so might 4 kids are happy for now. The oldest is off work for the next two days and the next oldest doesn't have to go to college (closed). Hopefully, it will be a restful day.
    Love,
    Rhonda

Rhonda .. Please keep sane with all 4 kids at home
    this winter storm has hit so many states hard. Living in Southern California .. we have lived/experience 3 seasons within the past 7 weeks .. autumn, winter and spring with temps ranging from 38 to 72 degree's === now I have been walking around with a head cold for 10 days .. it SUCKS! 7 days of straight rain .. now we have road closures due to mud and rock slides ..

Everyone stay safe.

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    VickiSam said:

Rhonda .. Please keep sane with all 4 kids at home
    this winter storm has hit so many states hard. Living in Southern California .. we have lived/experience 3 seasons within the past 7 weeks .. autumn, winter and spring with temps ranging from 38 to 72 degree's === now I have been walking around with a head cold for 10 days .. it SUCKS! 7 days of straight rain .. now we have road closures due to mud and rock slides ..

Everyone stay safe.

Vicki Sam

Hang in there Eastern
    Hang in there Eastern sisters. I hope you have supplies to last you. I am not the prepared type and would be caught without all my essentials, diet pepsi, ice cream, treats. Then I would have to put on 4 snow suits and carry a shovel and walk to the nearest store or have skis and cross country or snow shoe or have a snowmobile. Seriously, I hope you are all well prepared and that this goes away soon. We are having unusually cold weather here but nothing like that. So chill out. LOL
    Stef
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Oregon is getting snow
    At 3pm today it started to snow, then turned to sleet and now it is stopped. My son has a basketball game and he was praying is wouldn't stick. It is his senior year and it is a huge game tonight. The weather man was saying it was going to snow an inch or two. Guess someone above heard his prayers. Grandma probably! Marianne
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi mollyz,

The southern USA really got
    The southern USA really got it, and, now it is moving north. Stay warm and safe everyone.

Hugs, Lex
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Rhonda
    we got 22.5" in CT today. It's definitely a winter wonderland.
    Char
  • Giant Poodles
    cahjah75 said:

Rhonda
    we got 22.5" in CT today. It's definitely a winter wonderland.
    Char

Char, That is unbelievable.
    Char, That is unbelievable. Our school sent out notice, we will be out the rest of the week. If we got that much in Georgia, I guess we couldn't get out til spring. I hope you enjoy it. Take pictures and post if you can.
    Love,
    Rhonda
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Every once in a while type
    Every once in a while type snow days are fun. We got over 3 FEET of snow here in Northern Indiana over the weekend. School was cancelled on Monday only because the lot where our school buses wasn't plowed over the weekend & the buses were all stuck! Been snowing all day again today but only expected to get another 3-6 inches.
    I saw on the news today that there's snow on the ground in every state except for Florida right now!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Every once in a while type
    Every once in a while type snow days are fun. We got over 3 FEET of snow here in Northern Indiana over the weekend. School was cancelled on Monday only because the lot where our school buses wasn't plowed over the weekend & the buses were all stuck! Been snowing all day again today but only expected to get another 3-6 inches.
    I saw on the news today that there's snow on the ground in every state except for Florida right now!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Keeping all you sisters in good thoughts and prayers ......
    Stay safe

Vicki Sam