CEA up

tina dasilva
tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well Jorges CEA count is up to 2.7 from 2.6 I know its more likely nothing so I'm going to try my best not to worry about it .

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    You are right Tina
    Try not to worry about it. I don't think an oncologist would even consider that an increase - it is statistically insignificant + my understanding is CEA fluctuates anyway. Now, can you + Jorge please let me know how to get my CEA down to 2.7?
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    CEA
    I am in the same boat as you are. My husband's cea was down to .8 then in Oct. up to 1.7, tomorrow is his testing day and I am nervous that it went up again. I know it is low and still in normal range, but why does it rise? I will keep you in my Prayers. Margaret
  • tina dasilva
    abmb said:

CEA
    I am in the same boat as you are. My husband's cea was down to .8 then in Oct. up to 1.7, tomorrow is his testing day and I am nervous that it went up again. I know it is low and still in normal range, but why does it rise? I will keep you in my Prayers. Margaret

Margaret
    Thank you so much I will be praying for you and your husband today
  • tina dasilva
    AnneCan said:

You are right Tina
    Try not to worry about it. I don't think an oncologist would even consider that an increase - it is statistically insignificant + my understanding is CEA fluctuates anyway. Now, can you + Jorge please let me know how to get my CEA down to 2.7?

Anne
    Anne I wish I knew cause I would be telling everyone how its done hugs tina
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Margaret
    Thank you so much I will be praying for you and your husband today

Tina not problem at all, I received my CEA today
    And results were 2.5, 15 days ago 4.1 but 30 days ago 3.9, so you see it fluctuates !
    Hugs!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Tina
    That's an itty bitty teeny weeny fluctuation. No bad omen there. No worries!!! Okay?
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Tina
    That's an itty bitty teeny weeny fluctuation. No bad omen there. No worries!!! Okay?

Tina
    Tina we all sound like nags.....really Tina that is nothing!!!!

mags
  • Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    maglets said:

Tina
    Tina we all sound like nags.....really Tina that is nothing!!!!

mags

Such a tiny change
    I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about Tina:) I know its scary when there are any type of changes with our blood work but that jump is so minor that it be caused by other factors. The good thing is that although there was a slight change it's still within normal ranges and that great:)
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Thinking of you
    Try NOT to worry, easier said than done. Over the past few mos my CEA has gone from its low of 8.0 to almost 30. My oncologist says it's ok because he does not go by numbers, and my CAT scan showed no changes whatsoever. He says he has to look at the big picture, it came down from 645 and even though the tumors may be "waking" up, he is still pleased with my progress and response to chemo. My chemo ended in May, have been on Avastin ever since. I just found out that I "may" be a candidate for surgery, going to Mayo Clinic end of the month - I hope everything goes better than well for you and Jorges. You will be in my prayers. Hugs, Joyce