More tests for Moopy, but so far so good. =/

Aortus
Aortus Member Posts: 967
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, all!

Moopy and I went in Friday morning for what we thought would be a more or less routine follow up with our oncologist, Dr. Nair. But Moopy's liver enzymes were still going up, and her platelets were going down, so he had Moopy admitted to the oncology ward. It sounded really awful at first - but in fact he knew what he was doing: his reasoning was that inpatient tests get done a lot faster than outpatient tests. Moopy got just about every test she hadn't already had earlier this week, all in the space of three hours.

So far, so good. The extra MRI scan of the liver showed nothing that the previous scans hadn't shown earlier. The bone biopsy and bone marrow biopsy both came back negative for signs of mets, which is a very good sign indeed. Another good thing about the oncology ward is that the oncologist on duty, Dr. Raju, was able to tell us this news this morning as she made her rounds. Beats waiting all day Monday for a phone call, that's for sure.

The one remaining test is the liver biopsy, which Dr. Raju has ordered for Monday. Dr. Raju is not assuming anything, nor is she ruling anything out. The liver swelling could be an unusual presentation of mets. It could also be a funky form of fatty liver. Once the biopsy is done, it will take 24-48 hours to be interpreted. Moopy is, as always, being incredibly brave: she keeps asking me how everyone on the board is doing. But we would still appreciate very much any good thoughts or prayers you could send our way.

Gratefully,
Joe

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    So far so good is wonderful
    So far so good is wonderful news! Now I am praying hard for something benign for her liver. Please keep us posted.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

So far so good is wonderful
    So far so good is wonderful news! Now I am praying hard for something benign for her liver. Please keep us posted.

god bless Moopy and be with
    god bless Moopy and be with her and Joe the next few days!!! I'm sure you already know I've had a liver biopsy too, not fun but not that bad either. They put me in a twilight sleep so I was awake but didnt care what they were doing to me lol. I'll begin praying for a fatty liver, the lesser of two evils!!! Keep us posted.

xoxo
    ♥♥♥♥

Libby
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Prayers coming your way!

Prayers coming your way!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Best Wishes
    And prayers to bring you comfort
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Thanks for keeping us posted Joe!
    Send Moopy our love and tell her that we are all sending prayers. Please give her a big hug from us.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Jean 0609 said:

Thanks for keeping us posted Joe!
    Send Moopy our love and tell her that we are all sending prayers. Please give her a big hug from us.

Continued prayers
    being lifted to God for you both!

Thank you for letting us know. I'm so glad she was able to get it all done. The waiting is so hard.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Ah, Moopy...this is a whole
    Ah, Moopy...this is a whole lot of biopsies. For sure, a hospital stay was NOT what you planned for your weekend. Wish you didn't have that long liver biopsy wait.

Of course you are brave, BOTH of you, you always are; I do admire you. My heart and prayers go out to you.

xoxoxox Lynn
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Happy for the Good Reports!
    It must be such a relief to get all the tests done at once. I'll be praying for Monday's test to be negative as well. Hopefully Moopy is one who just happens to have a as you put it "funky" form of fatty liver!

Praying for you both to remain positive and strong.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thank you Joe for keeping us
    Thank you Joe for keeping us all informed so we don't worry so much. My prayers are with you and Moopy, I know everything will be fine. And then we will Celebrate Love you both Kay
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Thank you Joe for keeping us
    Thank you Joe for keeping us all informed so we don't worry so much. My prayers are with you and Moopy, I know everything will be fine. And then we will Celebrate Love you both Kay

I am glad that all the tests
    I am glad that all the tests so far have been good. Also glad that her doctor is on top of everything and jumped on the best way and fastest way to get all these tests done. I will keep Moopy firmly in my prayers and you as well. Hate that you and she have to wait even at hour for results but these things do take time and I know that her doctor will report to you both as fast as possible. Moopy is os brave and so are you dear Joe but it would be so much nicer not to have to be brave. I am sending her some additional strength and hope wrapped in a big fat hug. I would wrap it in a fatty liver but she already has that and who needs two of them. prayers and love to you both,
    Stef
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Thank you for the update
    Thank you for the update Joe, I had been wondering what the next step was going to be. If this is nerve wracking for me I can only imagine how it is for you two. Will most definitely keep you both on the positive stream of my wave beam :) Really, I think we'd all like to stick to the fatty liver explanation so if you could just inform the powers that be then we can get this all straightened out. Seriously, I do hope and pray that all is well or at least quite fixable.
    jan
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Thank you for the update
    Thank you for the update Joe, I had been wondering what the next step was going to be. If this is nerve wracking for me I can only imagine how it is for you two. Will most definitely keep you both on the positive stream of my wave beam :) Really, I think we'd all like to stick to the fatty liver explanation so if you could just inform the powers that be then we can get this all straightened out. Seriously, I do hope and pray that all is well or at least quite fixable.
    jan

thoughts
    good thoughts coming Moopy's way and of course for her caregiver as well.

Positive vibes.

Margo
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

thoughts
    good thoughts coming Moopy's way and of course for her caregiver as well.

Positive vibes.

Margo

You said
    fatty liver so I'm sticking with that. It's a fatty liver. Nothing more.

So there. Can you tell I'm stubborn and don't like bad news?

My thoughts are with you both:)

xoxo
    Victoria
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    aisling8 said:

You said
    fatty liver so I'm sticking with that. It's a fatty liver. Nothing more.

So there. Can you tell I'm stubborn and don't like bad news?

My thoughts are with you both:)

xoxo
    Victoria

You dear dear Souls... Moopy and Joe, my prayers
    are with you both .. and Joe's dad. God is good, God is great -- and I truly believe that all is well. I bet you at the point where you want to SCREAM at the top of your lungs -- What gives ... !!!! Damnnnnnnnnn it.

Love, Courage, Support, and Strength for the two of you.

Vicki Sam
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Will be sending good
    Will be sending good thoughts. Glad to hear so far, so good!
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Prayers!
    Relieved things have turned out well so far ... praying for a clean liver biopsy. More waiting ... praying peace for you both.

Light & Life & Hope,
    dh
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Thanks Joe for the update
    Moopy has not left my prayers or will she ever, but i am confused...as i'm sure you both are also. I thought the test showed NED? is this just a more extensive test... I will be waiting for only good news on Mon. or Tues. give Moopy a huge hug from me.
    sending my love
    Jackie
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Prayers are on the way!
    You both have been on such a roller coaster ride lately but I am hoping you can soon hop off that ride with good news and smiles! Praying for you.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Prayers are on the way!
    You both have been on such a roller coaster ride lately but I am hoping you can soon hop off that ride with good news and smiles! Praying for you.

yes praying for you both.
    yes praying for you both. How is Moopy feeling physically? does she hve any pain?
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Prayers are on the way!

yes praying for you both.
    yes praying for you both. How is Moopy feeling physically? does she hve any pain?