Arimidex is now available in generic

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Arimidex is now available in generic form (since about June of last year, I believe). Anyway, I wasn't aware until my oncologist told me and wrote a new script. Wanted to make sure that no one else was caught unaware!

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Thanks for the info Cynthia!

Thanks for the info Cynthia!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Thanks Claudia
    my onc started me on the generic which I started to take Wednesday. My copay is only $10 a month.
    Char
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Thanks Claudia
    my onc started me on the generic which I started to take Wednesday. My copay is only $10 a month.
    Char

You always give such good
    You always give such good info. Thank you!

Jan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462

You always give such good
    You always give such good info. Thank you!

Jan

I agree with Jan
    CypressCynthia you always have the best info and advice.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

I agree with Jan

xoxo,
    Jean

Thank you .. Miss CC, I so look forward to opening
    each and every post of yours. Your devotion to our site, whether providing new research, clinical trial resources or internet sites, for all of us to review, learn and share is amazing.

Thank you for being YOU.

Your fellow SISTER in PINK - Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

I agree with Jan

xoxo,
    Jean

each and every post of yours. Your devotion to our site, whether providing new research, clinical trial resources or internet sites, for all of us to review, learn and share is amazing.

Thank you for being YOU.

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    VickiSam said:

Thank you for being YOU.

OK now I'm blushing
    You guys are going to give me a big head! I just grew up immersed in healthcare so I can't help myself.

Even though my specialty is neonates, I am a pretty big healthcare nerd as I grew up in the environment. My dad was a neurologist who taught neurology until he retired. My mom was an ER nurse and full of interesting stories. One of my sisters is a physician. And my daughter is a PA student.

So, Danny (engineer) had to get used to some grizzly dinner table conversations when we first married. He used to complain that we couldn't get through a meal without discussing something medically disgusting. Now he pays us no mind ;-).

Thanks for the lovely compliments though--you guys just made my week!
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Yes!
    But I wish Medicare's prescription drug info website would catch up. When I reviewed available plans for prescr. insurance in December, Arimidex was listed but I couldn't enter the change to Anastrozole - every time I tried to key it in, the blasted thing would change it back to Arimidex, with a statement that no generic was available. Oh, well, when I refill my script, I know I'll get the generic, with correct co-pay!
    Just one of those things that frustrates me to no end...
    -rainbow4
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    rainbow4 said:

Yes!
    But I wish Medicare's prescription drug info website would catch up. When I reviewed available plans for prescr. insurance in December, Arimidex was listed but I couldn't enter the change to Anastrozole - every time I tried to key it in, the blasted thing would change it back to Arimidex, with a statement that no generic was available. Oh, well, when I refill my script, I know I'll get the generic, with correct co-pay!
    Just one of those things that frustrates me to no end...
    -rainbow4

I was paying $340 per month.
    When the generic first came out, I paid $167. Two months ago it went down to $37.50.
    What a racket. At least it is now more affordable.

Roseann
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

OK now I'm blushing
    You guys are going to give me a big head! I just grew up immersed in healthcare so I can't help myself.

Even though my specialty is neonates, I am a pretty big healthcare nerd as I grew up in the environment. My dad was a neurologist who taught neurology until he retired. My mom was an ER nurse and full of interesting stories. One of my sisters is a physician. And my daughter is a PA student.

So, Danny (engineer) had to get used to some grizzly dinner table conversations when we first married. He used to complain that we couldn't get through a meal without discussing something medically disgusting. Now he pays us no mind ;-).

Thanks for the lovely compliments though--you guys just made my week!

Thanks Cynthia for sharing
    Thanks Cynthia for sharing this info with all of your sisters here. Your posts are always amazing and so helpful.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    roseann4 said:

I was paying $340 per month.
    When the generic first came out, I paid $167. Two months ago it went down to $37.50.
    What a racket. At least it is now more affordable.

Roseann

Thanks for sharing this!
    Thanks for sharing this!