First hair cut

weazer
weazer Member Posts: 440
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I had my first hair cut yesterday,
I was'nt sure if I would grow my hair long again like I had it before, and then it got to this stage where I could'nt take it anymore.
Bad hair day every day!
Blow drying it, curling it, nothing seemed to work.
So went for the hair cut, and I like it, very easy to take care of.
Nervous, but it is one thing I learned from cancer, that I would never let my hair define me again: )
Karie

Comments

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    I agreee with you the hair
    I agreee with you the hair will not define me any more,and congrats on the hair cut that should have been exciting i can't wait i have about an half inch and I'm still on taxotere. Mollyz
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    mollyz said:

I agreee with you the hair
    I agreee with you the hair will not define me any more,and congrats on the hair cut that should have been exciting i can't wait i have about an half inch and I'm still on taxotere. Mollyz

Hair
    I also agree about the hair thing. I've worn my hair fairly short for years ... but still had enough hair that I did the blow dryer, curling iron thing. But ... after being bald for 7 months ... I got TOTALLY lazy and decided I didn't even want to mess with the dryer and curling iron ... or even a comb/brush. Once the hair started growing back and I finally decided it needed to be cut ... I told my "hair cutter" to "knock herself out" and cut it SHORT! I love it. Now I just jump out of the shower ... towel dry ... run my fingers through it ... and I'm good to go. Talk about lazy!

hugs.
    teena
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    tgf said:

Hair
    I also agree about the hair thing. I've worn my hair fairly short for years ... but still had enough hair that I did the blow dryer, curling iron thing. But ... after being bald for 7 months ... I got TOTALLY lazy and decided I didn't even want to mess with the dryer and curling iron ... or even a comb/brush. Once the hair started growing back and I finally decided it needed to be cut ... I told my "hair cutter" to "knock herself out" and cut it SHORT! I love it. Now I just jump out of the shower ... towel dry ... run my fingers through it ... and I'm good to go. Talk about lazy!

hugs.
    teena

Karie .. Getting back to NORMAL .. How did you feel
    sitting in your stylist's chair .. Perhaps, like your are taking control of your life, again and breast cancer is not determinding your schedule ?

Getting back to normal .. as it SHOULD BE.

fyi .. color me vain, as I just had high-lights and low-lights put into my hair for the first time since June 2009.

Happy Hair Growing .. short or otherwise,

Vicki Sam
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    VickiSam said:

Karie .. Getting back to NORMAL .. How did you feel
    sitting in your stylist's chair .. Perhaps, like your are taking control of your life, again and breast cancer is not determinding your schedule ?

Getting back to normal .. as it SHOULD BE.

fyi .. color me vain, as I just had high-lights and low-lights put into my hair for the first time since June 2009.

Happy Hair Growing .. short or otherwise,

Vicki Sam

I Feel Great
    Love the style, Wash and dry and out the door I go!
    Yes I got spoiled being bald also....Lazy LOL
    So much easier to take care.
    I might later on down the road get high and low lights, but the way my gray came in and the color of my hair, the gray Works.
    Take care ladies...Karie
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    bad hair day can now be a good thing right?
    Happy you like your new cut...
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    So happy for you Karie!
    A hair cut....woo hoo! Even though I didn't go completely bald, I had a short buzz cut with some thin spots. It is growing back gray. That's okay, it's hair. Was hoping for some curl or body, but looks like it is coming back straight again. I love getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair and that's it. No blow dry, curling irons, etc. LOVE IT! It really cuts down on the time it takes me to get ready.

Have a great day Karie.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    weazer said:

I Feel Great
    Love the style, Wash and dry and out the door I go!
    Yes I got spoiled being bald also....Lazy LOL
    So much easier to take care.
    I might later on down the road get high and low lights, but the way my gray came in and the color of my hair, the gray Works.
    Take care ladies...Karie

So glad that you like your
    So glad that you like your haircut! Congrats!

Jan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    tgf said:

Hair

hugs.
    teena

A haircut! WOOHOO! So
    A haircut! WOOHOO! So happy for you!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Karie
    so glad you like your new haircut. I'm still hairless except for some dark stubble and white hair that's an inch long. It has a lot of growing to get to where I can have it colored. I'm too young looking to go white! lol
    Char
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    cahjah75 said:

Karie
    so glad you like your new haircut. I'm still hairless except for some dark stubble and white hair that's an inch long. It has a lot of growing to get to where I can have it colored. I'm too young looking to go white! lol
    Char

This is great! You got your
    This is great! You got your hair cut! I bet you look beautiful!

Hugs, Megan