Naked women on horses to sell calendars?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
What are you thoughts! I was just at a horse forum and found a thread where someone wants to make a calendar of naked women with horses to sell to supposedly make money to donate to something breast cancer related. I like the idea of a calendar with women who arr BC survivors and their horses BUT I do not like the idea of making a nudie calandar. Thoughts!

Susan

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    It worked for the "Calendar Girls" ladies
    A similar idea worked extremely well for the British ladies on whose story the movie "Calendar Girls" was based. All they wanted to do was raise money to buy a couch for the waiting room of their local hospital (in memory of the husband of one of the ladies, who had recently died of leukemia), and ended up raising so much money that I think they funded a whole leukemia research wing or something.

I think it also depends on WHERE the horse is standing....for the "Calendar Girls," every photo had flowers, or a watering can, baked goods, sheet music, etc. strategically positioned in front of the woman, so you couldn't see anything naughty. Horses are pretty big -- I bet they could cover up a lot!

Traci
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I think it's a great idea -
    I think it's a great idea - the nude aspect of it is an attention getter & will sell more, therefore raising more money & awareness.
    Have you seen The Scar Project? It's a series of topless photographs of women in varying stages of reconstruction from breast cancer, from women who had lumpectomies, to women who had single or dbl mastectomies, both with & without reconstruction. Very beautiful moving pictures. I'd do it!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I think it's a question of
    I think it's a question of whether the photos are done artfully and tastefully or if they have a 'smut' aspect (couldn't think of a better word). But the potential to raise money is huge. Are you thinking about posing with Rague?

Hugs,

Linda
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

I think it's a question of
    I think it's a question of whether the photos are done artfully and tastefully or if they have a 'smut' aspect (couldn't think of a better word). But the potential to raise money is huge. Are you thinking about posing with Rague?

Hugs,

Linda

Wouldn't want to say yay or neigh
    Sorry:). I actually logged in just so I could do that.

I know, I know. It's bad.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    aisling8 said:

xoxo
    Victoria

I agree
    I agree with you Rague, I DO NOT like the idea. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    aisling8 said:

xoxo
    Victoria

Horses
    Victoria,

HAY! You "oat" not make jokes about horses. Ha ha.

I looked up the website for The Scar Project - very interesting. I would do that but I'm not sure about the calendar.

Wolfi
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

I think it's a great idea -
    I think it's a great idea - the nude aspect of it is an attention getter & will sell more, therefore raising more money & awareness.
    Have you seen The Scar Project? It's a series of topless photographs of women in varying stages of reconstruction from breast cancer, from women who had lumpectomies, to women who had single or dbl mastectomies, both with & without reconstruction. Very beautiful moving pictures. I'd do it!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Pictures
    If pictures are done by a professional and done in great taste and the woman has say in what is exposed then it should be fine.

If it is a calendar to raise money for breast cancer then there is no need to have the woman totally naked.

The woman would have to be totally comfortable in doing this.

I would do it as well--to bring awareness.

It is a personal choice.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Wolfi said:

Horses
    Victoria,

HAY! You "oat" not make jokes about horses. Ha ha.

I looked up the website for The Scar Project - very interesting. I would do that but I'm not sure about the calendar.

Wolfi

Hay yourself
    We'd better "rein" ourselves in, Wolfi.

The Scar Project is cool, and I remember the calendars Traci's talking about -- weren't they on 60 Minutes or maybe it was an article I read. Anyway, tasteful nudity artfully done, could work.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    There are a few campaigns
    There are a few campaigns for breast cancer that I am squeamish about. However, I try and keep the longterm goal in mind. Anything that helps to put an end to the beast is usually ok with me--although I try very hard to only give to charities that are definitely legit.