Femera coupon

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just finished my first month of Femera, and knock on wood, so far so good. A little sore & achy here and there (nothing unbearable). I could also attribute that to not exercising on a regular basis (starting back up next week).

When I first had it filled, the pharmacist asked me if I was aware of the high co-pay. I told him no. My insurance saved me $481.60, however, my co-pay was $134.39!!! This was for one month! I came home and started researching because my oncologist said the generic would probably be out sometime in 2011. Well on the Femara website, www.femara.com, there was a coupon that I could use and the 30 supply would only be $10.00!!!! Needless to say, I went back to the pharmacy and they credited my account $124.39. Now this coupon has a maximum of $800 value per year, but heck, I'll take it!

Went today to pick up my refill and everything was in the system already and I only paid $10.00.

Hopefully, this will benefit others that are prescribed Femara.

xoxo,
Jean

Comments

• Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    Thank you, thank you. My
    Thank you, thank you. My $1000 deductible for 2011 has to be met before my insurance pays anything at all for Rx. This coupon will help!
  • Jean 0609

Thank you, thank you. My
    Thank you, thank you. My $1000 deductible for 2011 has to be met before my insurance pays anything at all for Rx. This coupon will help!

You are welcome Chickadee
    How are you doing? Don't see you too much on here. Hope you had a great holiday.

xoxo
    Jean
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    That is great Jean!
    I am sure that many here are thanking you today.

For those of us on arimidex, arimidex is now available in generic form according to my oncologist. He just gave me a script for the generic--yay!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Jean 0609 said:

How are you doing? Don't see you too much on here. Hope you had a great holiday.

xoxo
    Jean

Thanks Jean!

Thanks Jean!
  • Jean 0609

That is great Jean!

For those of us on arimidex, arimidex is now available in generic form according to my oncologist. He just gave me a script for the generic--yay!

All kinds of good news
    Thanks CypressCynthia! Every little bit helps.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Jean 0609 said:

All kinds of good news
    Thanks CypressCynthia! Every little bit helps.

Jean Thank You!
    My Mom Barbara, is er pr positive, and she is a survivor of 22 yrs, however she had reacurance in her lung 3 yrs ago, and she now is taking famara.....very exspensive, and as soon as I saw your post I called her and I guess she tried before with her insurance and they denied her, but I read her your post and she is going to check into it!
    Thanks Jean...Karie
  • Jean 0609
    weazer said:

Jean Thank You!
    My Mom Barbara, is er pr positive, and she is a survivor of 22 yrs, however she had reacurance in her lung 3 yrs ago, and she now is taking famara.....very exspensive, and as soon as I saw your post I called her and I guess she tried before with her insurance and they denied her, but I read her your post and she is going to check into it!
    Thanks Jean...Karie

HI Karie,
    Glad to hear this will help your Mom. The prices of drugs, treatments, etc. is absolutely ridiculous. If your Mom has any problems finding the coupon, let me know.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Jean 0609 said:

HI Karie,
    Glad to hear this will help your Mom. The prices of drugs, treatments, etc. is absolutely ridiculous. If your Mom has any problems finding the coupon, let me know.

xoxo,
    Jean

Jean, thanks so much for
    Jean, thanks so much for posting this. My Femara will cost me over $600 if I have to pay for it myself. I just started back on it last month and my first bottle was free but I was in the doughnut hole and would have paid a fortune for it. Hope I can find that coupon and get some help too. All my prescriptions are costly so this will help. Thanks again.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Thanks Jean!
    I am also taking Femara so I will check this out.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

xoxo
    Jean

Happy New Year Jean,
    I'm

Happy New Year Jean,

I'm doing very well, thanks. I had expanders put in 11/30 and got a hyperspeed expansion; expanders were exchanged for implants on 12/27. Tough, but worth it to get 100% paid by my insurance. (My new deductible kicked in 1/1.)

I started Femara about 3 months ago and have had no side effects thus far. All in all, I remain blessed through this experience. I see so many on the board who have to face so much
    more than I that I sometimes feel guilty about doing so well.

Anyway, I've been visiting the board less often, but regularly, just posted a couple of times recently.

How are you?

Chickadee
  • Jean 0609

Happy New Year Jean,
    I'm

Happy New Year Jean,

I'm doing very well, thanks. I had expanders put in 11/30 and got a hyperspeed expansion; expanders were exchanged for implants on 12/27. Tough, but worth it to get 100% paid by my insurance. (My new deductible kicked in 1/1.)

I started Femara about 3 months ago and have had no side effects thus far. All in all, I remain blessed through this experience. I see so many on the board who have to face so much
    more than I that I sometimes feel guilty about doing so well.

Anyway, I've been visiting the board less often, but regularly, just posted a couple of times recently.

How are you?

Chickadee

Hi Chickadee,
    I am doing very well! Had my tissue expanders removed, implant and nipple done, plus my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed December 1, 2010. It was really an easy surgery for me. I met with my plastic surgeon yesterday. Everything is good. I go back in March for the tatoo of my areola.

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well too. 2011 is going to be a good year for both of us. Take care and keep in touch.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Jean 0609
    Sunrae said:

Jean, thanks so much for
    Jean, thanks so much for posting this. My Femara will cost me over $600 if I have to pay for it myself. I just started back on it last month and my first bottle was free but I was in the doughnut hole and would have paid a fortune for it. Hope I can find that coupon and get some help too. All my prescriptions are costly so this will help. Thanks again.

Hi Sunrae,
    Hope you are doing well. It is easy to get the coupon. Go to www.femara.com . On the first page it will say "Get your Femara prescription for $10.00." Then you should click on where it says "Learn More". On that page it will say "Print Your Card". That should allow you to print what you need. I printed a few of them, just in case. My pharmacy said that I didn't need to bring one each month, but I didn't want to take any chance.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ladyg said:

Thanks Jean!
    I am also taking Femara so I will check this out.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Thanks Jean for sharing this news!
    Great news for many!

Vicki Sam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

That is great Jean!

This is so nice and so great
    This is so nice and so great that you shared this information with all of us.

Thank you,

Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Sunrae said:

Jean, thanks so much for

Thanks Jean! This is really
    Thanks Jean! This is really great!

Lex