Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    femara? like tamoxifen?
    new to me...never heard of femara!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I finished chemo
    4 weeks ago and start Arimidex today and rads tomorrow. My onc did not tell me to wait until rads are over. He's the one who gave me script yesterday. Which dr gave you the script and when did he/she tell you to start?
    Char
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I finished chemo
    4 weeks ago and start Arimidex today and rads tomorrow. My onc did not tell me to wait until rads are over. He's the one who gave me script yesterday. Which dr gave you the script and when did he/she tell you to start?
    Char

I started meds
    after radiation (but tamoxifen) ended treatments June 28-2008 and started meds in Aug
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I finished chemo
    Char

Chemo Dr while on Rads
    My Chemo DR gave me the script. I saw him 2 weeks after last Taxol and 1 week after start of rads and was told to start immediately. I started the next day when I picked up a partial bottle the next day and then the next week, 3 months worth came in the mail. Now i put my order in 2 weeks before i run out and in a week I get another 3 months worth. My meds come from VA so unless it's an 'emergency' script (which I can get filled that day at Ft. Meade) everything is sent from a central distribution center.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

femara? like tamoxifen?
    new to me...never heard of femara!

Yes - it's for
    Yes - it's for post-menopausal women. It is also quite expensive so there are times that finances can be an issue. My Chemo wanted me on it as he felt for me it was the best if I could afford it. For me being VA it doesn't matter - I pay the same per month's script rather it's vitamins or Femara or anything else.

Susan
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    cahjah75 said:

I finished chemo
    Char

I started Arimidex today.
    I started Arimidex today. My script came from my oncologist after I finished rads. I've been done with rads. since November 16, 2010.
    Sparkle
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Hormonal Therapies
    Hormonal therapy doesn't interfere with radiation or surgery. It takes weeks before they really take hold.

SIROD
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    SIROD said:

Hormonal Therapies
    Hormonal therapy doesn't interfere with radiation or surgery. It takes weeks before they really take hold.

SIROD

After radiation.
    I started Femara once radiation was finished. It is exspensive...even though we have a good prescrition plan. The pains I had at the start disappeared...lucky me I guess. However my hair has started to fall out agin...still there are worse options!!!
  • rsdecember
    rsdecember Member Posts: 2
    SIROD said:

Hormonal Therapies

SIROD

Femara
    Doctor said it was okay to start Femara before radiation because there are no clinical studies which indicate that you shouldn't. I was started early because my OncoDX test results were delayed, and I was going crazy waiting. So, my oncologist started me on the Femara for peace of mind. I then found out that I didn't need chemo, so I am starting my radiation, and staying on the Femara.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Rague said:

Yes - it's for
    Yes - it's for post-menopausal women. It is also quite expensive so there are times that finances can be an issue. My Chemo wanted me on it as he felt for me it was the best if I could afford it. For me being VA it doesn't matter - I pay the same per month's script rather it's vitamins or Femara or anything else.

Susan

I don't know, but, good luck
    I don't know, but, good luck to you on Femara.

Hugs, Angie