It's another day in Holland, dear sisters...good morning!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I woke this morning to mist so thick I could barely see out the door. But then, thru the fog, I spied a bit of movement! It was two bunnies running and playing and chasing each other!!!! They could see just fine with each other's help...and safely under the cover of mist from predators always lurking!

It rained hard yesterday, starting just as we were leaving for a day in Utrecht. This is a pilgrimage of sorts for me, I always visit a spellbinding museum there filled with music boxes, from small pill boxes all the way to giant dance caliopies. This time, there was a special exhibit from the emperor of China, the forbidden city. Wow! I have never seen such treasures!

Then a long walk thru the rain to the train museum, housed in an old station. It was beautiful! Many magnificent old train cars...including the Royal carriage (it's the first time I've lived in a country with a Royal Family...lol!) And there, in the center, was an ice skating rink, filled with happy, squealing children!

So, another morning starting. Today we go to market to buy our food for the next week. This is an outside market, every Friday and Saturday, rain, snow, or shine! We have great friends there as vendors...the fruit man's great-grandfather sold fruit to my Hans' great-grandfather!!!

Dutch hugs,
Kathi

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Kathi
    Lovely to hear your report. I have seen the Chines exhibit here in Baltimore and it is amazing isn't it?
    I would love your visit to the market.
    Take care and thanks for keeping us updated. Pat
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Can picture it
    Thanks for the update, Kathi! I enjoy reading your posts as I feel like I'm there with you!

Enjoy your day, my friend!

Love,

Patti
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    pattimc said:

Can picture it
    Thanks for the update, Kathi! I enjoy reading your posts as I feel like I'm there with you!

Enjoy your day, my friend!

Love,

Patti

Ooh
    I don't often get "Dutch" hugs:). Today will be a fine day now that i have one.

Thanks!! Still wandering around thinking about the image of your geese -- very pretty.

San Diego hug back to you.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kathi, your description
    Kathi, your description sounds like an amazing adventure. Did you find yourself in the center of the ice skating rink? Have a wonderful time shopping and keep posting on your journey, I just LOVE reading it!! Returning (((Hugs))) from Florida.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Kathi, your description
    Kathi, your description sounds like an amazing adventure. Did you find yourself in the center of the ice skating rink? Have a wonderful time shopping and keep posting on your journey, I just LOVE reading it!! Returning (((Hugs))) from Florida.

Kathi -- I feel like I am right there with you and Hans
    walking the cobble stone streets - visiting with the street vendors, chating about your latest travels and adventures. Awwww so wonderful.

Thank you for taking me into a world that I would otherwise never visit.

Head cold and living a a fog (mentally) .. your twisted Sister,

Vicki Sam
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Hello to you!
    Hello to you, Kathi! It sounds wonderful there! Keep posting your beautiful pictures!

New York hugs,
    CR