Body aches 4 months after treatment

grandmasueb
grandmasueb Member Posts: 49
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been done with chemo since sept 2010. My treatment was 4 AC and 12 Taxol and my body feels like I just received a treatment has anyone experinced body aches this long out of treatment.I am thinking about calling my ONC if this keeps up much longer. This has been going on since new years.I am getting a little worried.

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I did not have chemo
    so I can not say if the pain is normal or not. What I will say is call your onc. Don't wait and worry if you are having a problem. That is part of the reason we have drs.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    ladyg said:

I did not have chemo
    so I can not say if the pain is normal or not. What I will say is call your onc. Don't wait and worry if you are having a problem. That is part of the reason we have drs.

Hugs,
    Georgia

from what i understand this
    from what i understand this is a little talked about s/e from chemo. i have body aches and it is almost a year.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Pain
    Are you on Tamoxifen or Arimidex or another AI? A side effect of both of those drugs are aches and pains. I had alot of pain on Arimidex so onco switched me to Tamoxifen which I tolerate much better.

Is your pain localized or an all over ache? Sorry you're in pain. I would call and make an appointment with your onco.

Best to you!
  • tlt2501
    tlt2501 Member Posts: 3
    Pain after chemo
    I finished chemo in July and still have to take my pain meds to sleep. Not sure if that is from the chemo or the fact that I had a radical mastectomy almost a year ago. I still have alot of numbness under the armpit and across my chest bone and it's still very sensitive. I think we will all have to deal with a certain amount of pain for the rest of our lives but it shouldn't be that painful. I would definately call your oncologist. Hey we are paying them after all :). It's better to be safe than sorry is what my oncologist tells me.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ladyg said:

I did not have chemo

Hugs,
    Georgia

I didn't have chemo either,
    I didn't have chemo either, so, I don't know if that might be what is causing the pain. Please ask your oncologist and let us know what he says.

Hugs, Angie
  • grandmasueb
    Angie2U said:

I didn't have chemo either, so, I don't know if that might be what is causing the pain. Please ask your oncologist and let us know what he says.

Hugs, Angie

I am not taking any meds or
    I am not taking any meds or on any other treatments If this continues on thru Mon I am calling the ONC and I will let you know what he had said. Thank you all for your replies you were helpful. I am praying that its just the weather making my body hurt and nothing serious.
  • grandmasueb
    Angie2U said:

Hugs, Angie

I am not taking any meds or on any other treatments If this continues on thru Mon I am calling the ONC and I will let you know what he had said. Thank you all for your replies you were helpful. I am praying that its just the weather making my body hurt and nothing serious.
  • grandmasueb
    Angie2U said:

Hugs, Angie

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    tlt2501 said:

Pain after chemo
    I finished chemo in July and still have to take my pain meds to sleep. Not sure if that is from the chemo or the fact that I had a radical mastectomy almost a year ago. I still have alot of numbness under the armpit and across my chest bone and it's still very sensitive. I think we will all have to deal with a certain amount of pain for the rest of our lives but it shouldn't be that painful. I would definately call your oncologist. Hey we are paying them after all :). It's better to be safe than sorry is what my oncologist tells me.

tlt2501 ... it's from both -- Chemo and surgery, our bodies
    hav e been thru so much -- it needs time to recover as well as heal. Then we try to over do things and push ourselves. Life will return to normal, a little at a time. Listen to your bodies and if pain persist - please contact your doctor and ask for maybe some physical therapy time - streching helps, as do Yoga. Relax, Rest and allow your body to heal.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

I hope you call your onco
    I hope you call your onco too and let us know.

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

tlt2501 ... it's from both -- Chemo and surgery, our bodies
    hav e been thru so much -- it needs time to recover as well as heal. Then we try to over do things and push ourselves. Life will return to normal, a little at a time. Listen to your bodies and if pain persist - please contact your doctor and ask for maybe some physical therapy time - streching helps, as do Yoga. Relax, Rest and allow your body to heal.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

What did your oncologist
    What did your oncologist say? It just seems to take so long for our poor bodies to recover from having bc. Praying for good news from you.

Hugs, Diane
  • grandmasueb
    DianeBC said:

What did your oncologist
    What did your oncologist say? It just seems to take so long for our poor bodies to recover from having bc. Praying for good news from you.

Hugs, Diane

I called my ONC and he
    I called my ONC and he called a prescription (Vicoden) to my pharmacy I dont really want to take a narcotic drug, He said it could be a reaction from the taxol and if the meds do not help I have an appointment with him on the 28th he will discuss further with me then,Today is really bad it feels like I have a ton of weight on my shoulders.
  • grandmasueb

I called my ONC and he
    I called my ONC and he called a prescription (Vicoden) to my pharmacy I dont really want to take a narcotic drug, He said it could be a reaction from the taxol and if the meds do not help I have an appointment with him on the 28th he will discuss further with me then,Today is really bad it feels like I have a ton of weight on my shoulders.

Went to ONC today he thinks
    Went to ONC today he thinks my body aches are artritis. He gave me celibrx to take for 6 wks if that doesnt help then he will do a bone scan. He told me that my cancer markers came back great 12.7