bad day and no chemo

13»

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    laurissa said:

meena
    Hoping and praying you'll feel better soon.

Meena
    I hope you were able to get a hold of someone or if not went to the ER. Hope you're feeling better.....
    {{hugs}} Char
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    Waiting is the hardest part

I don't know why there is always so much waiting for test results, MRI's, PET scans etc. Don't they know the anxiety that causes the patient? That mental stress cannot be good for their physical condition.

I don't know if this applies or not but an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drug will help you better deal with things. They have helped me tremendously through many trials and tribulations.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Meena. Keep us posted.

((TEDDY BEAR HUGS & LOVE))

Skipper
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Sweet Meena
    Prayers to you and your family. Dont know what to add that all the wonderful women and Arotus :) have already said. Dont know if anyone mentioned, maybe a cracker or some food of some sort with your pain meds. Might help. If I may act nursey, keep yourself on a schedule with your pain meds. Give yourself a scale. If your pain is a 5, 10 being the worst,take a pill. Also dont know what non narcotic pain pills you can take, but use those inbetween your narcotics. Now not a doc, but thats how I do. Def go to ER, esp with vomiting. Dehydration as you know is not a good thing. Keeping you in my heart as you wait. Take care of yourself,Hugs from NM, Katz
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Katz77 said:

Sweet Meena
    Prayers to you and your family. Dont know what to add that all the wonderful women and Arotus :) have already said. Dont know if anyone mentioned, maybe a cracker or some food of some sort with your pain meds. Might help. If I may act nursey, keep yourself on a schedule with your pain meds. Give yourself a scale. If your pain is a 5, 10 being the worst,take a pill. Also dont know what non narcotic pain pills you can take, but use those inbetween your narcotics. Now not a doc, but thats how I do. Def go to ER, esp with vomiting. Dehydration as you know is not a good thing. Keeping you in my heart as you wait. Take care of yourself,Hugs from NM, Katz

Meena we are here for you
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Much love to you.
    Jennifer
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Meena we are here for you
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Much love to you.
    Jennifer

I try to think hard about
    I try to think hard about what to say and it is so hard. I am sure you are so frustrated sometimes, but you are doing what you need to. I am glad you have a great doc who really puts a great deal of thought into your case. You have had some significant losses this year and it really shakes us to the core when we lose someone close and you have had two people. To close to home. Try not to think of anyone else but remember the cancer you have is specific to you. the cancer has responded to the chemo and that is great. We are here with you as you see from all the responses. Please post often and tell us what you need. We are fighting along with you and we really care.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Katz77 said:

Sweet Meena

Peace of mind vs. logistics
    Meena-

First of all, I hope you're feeling better, and I hope you've called your doctor's office.

Now: Your emotional well-being is an important part of your care. I'm sure your doctor felt that since he'll see you next week, and will decide what type of chemo you'll have based on the results of your tests, he'd tell you the. Afterall, you're just the person who will receive it, he has things under control and this plan attack was most efficient (for him). Since you didn't protest Monday, he probably didn't even think that you'd be on pins and needles until then and he sure as heck didn't know you were going to be sick in between.

While his plan is efficient (for him), there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling for the results and simply stating that you're a wreck and want to know what to expect when you see him - and that you're sick, doggone it. You need to be well and strong for any treatment you'll receive next week.

You'll get a call back from someone, or an appointment, or something. There's simply nothing wrong with expressing your anxiety about the results and course of treatment. Worst case scenario is you'll get a call back from the nurse saying he's still considering/thinking about/looking at options for the appropriate course of action for you and won't have an answer until you see him.

But - he needs to know about your pain and your vomiting as it may play a role in his decision making about your next treatment.

Please take good care of yourself. No one knows how you feel better than you. My prayers are with you.

Suzanne
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Sending prayers and hugs!!!
    Sending prayers and hugs!!!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Katz77 said:

Sweet Meena

Praying that you are feeling
    Praying that you are feeling better and that you did call your doctor. Post so we know what he said and how he helped you.

Hugs and prayers,

Diane
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Meena, Like Joe, I think you
    Meena, Like Joe, I think you should call your doctor. Of course you're scared. My prayers are with you. xoxoxo Lynn

Meena, did you call your
    Meena, did you call your oncologist?

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

KEEP YOURSELF BUSY
    So Tuesday will be here quickly, keep yourself as busy as you can until that day. Movies, theatre, museums, shopping, visiting, eating out, or eating in with friends and family. I am praying for good news.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I am praying for everything
    I am praying for everything to get better for you and easier. I am sorry that you have had this delay.

Prayers, hugs and positive thoughts,

Megan
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Sorry
    I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you get good news next week. Try not to worry too much before you have your scans done - you don't need any extra stress.

Take care and thanks for posting.

Wolfi
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    weazer said:

Meena
    Hello Dear, I'm Happy to hear that you got some drugs to help with your pain.
    You are such a Strong lady, you give so many of us strength.
    Many prayers coming your way.
    Hugs Karie

Stay strong Meena and know
    Stay strong Meena and know how much everyone here, your sisters in pink, are supporting you and praying for you every day.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Prayers
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am praying for patience for the waiting and strength for you and good news from the scans. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Always praying for you!

Always praying for you!