swimming?

Bedee
Bedee Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A health club here has a hot-springs-fed outdoor lap pool. Swimming there, particularly at night in the snow, is absolutely glorious and very, very peaceful.

But I have a question --

I still have a prothesis, foam, size DD. I think I'd drown trying to swim with that thing :). Anybody aware of any inexpensive substitutes, just for swimming?

thanks
deb

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Hope this helps!
    One of the main reasons that I had reconstruction is I love to swim. While waiting for my reconstructive surgeries years ago, I swam with something called a swimming prosthesis, which is basically foam with a small weight at the bottom. Regular foam floats up and the usual silicone sinks down in a swimsuit.

Today, they make a lighter silicone swimming prosthesis, which hopefully will not sink in your suit. I haven't tried one because I no longer need one since reconstruction.

I am going to attach a couple of links, but if you google "swimming breast prosthesis", many sites come up.

Swimsuit Breast Forms

Swim Forms
  • Bedee
    Bedee Member Posts: 24

Hope this helps!
    One of the main reasons that I had reconstruction is I love to swim. While waiting for my reconstructive surgeries years ago, I swam with something called a swimming prosthesis, which is basically foam with a small weight at the bottom. Regular foam floats up and the usual silicone sinks down in a swimsuit.

Today, they make a lighter silicone swimming prosthesis, which hopefully will not sink in your suit. I haven't tried one because I no longer need one since reconstruction.

I am going to attach a couple of links, but if you google "swimming breast prosthesis", many sites come up.

Swimsuit Breast Forms

Swim Forms

Thank you! I'll do that.
    Thank you! I'll do that. deb
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Bumped up a strand called "Swimming with Prosthesis"
    Bedee, I've bumped up an older strand with various links for prostheses. Hope it helps. xoxoxo Lynn
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Prosthesis for a Swim Suit
    I purchase a lighter one for my swimming. I picked it up at the same place I buy my bras, prosthesis and etc. They have different types. It was covered by insurance too.

Best,

SIROD