Dad's tumor is shrinking!

mom_of_2
mom_of_2 Member Posts: 30
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My dad had his appt. today after his CT scan last week, the tumor shrunk in half. It was 10cm X 11cm, so, I think this is a pretty good result. They will do 3 more rounds of chemo then do another scan to see if it's still shrinking.

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    momof2
    That sounds like good news to me. I hope the rest of the tx will just knock the rest of the tumor out. Lori
  • JohnBinDC
    JohnBinDC Member Posts: 91 Member
    Wishing your Dad the best
    It is always great to read positive news! I wish your Dad and you continued success and progress. Keep us posted!

Best wishes always

John
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Wonderful news!!
    This is the best news I've read this morning!!

I'm sure it will continue to shrink during the rest of his treatment and he will have many, many more years to enjoy his life and his family.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news.

Glenna
  • mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 30
    thanks
    Thank you! The past 3 months I have been so depressed thinking about everything the doctors said. His prognosis looked grim (according to the doctor's) and I've watched my dad go from a happy independent person to a 129 pound guy who can barely walk from one room to another now. He still struggles with breathing, which I'm sure between the cancer and the emphysema, that is to be expected. This news to me is the best I've heard about him since Oct. 8th, when they told him he had cancer. The doctor even told my dad yesterday that he was completely shocked at the results, as he never expected it.

Chrissy
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    mom_of_2 said:

thanks
    Thank you! The past 3 months I have been so depressed thinking about everything the doctors said. His prognosis looked grim (according to the doctor's) and I've watched my dad go from a happy independent person to a 129 pound guy who can barely walk from one room to another now. He still struggles with breathing, which I'm sure between the cancer and the emphysema, that is to be expected. This news to me is the best I've heard about him since Oct. 8th, when they told him he had cancer. The doctor even told my dad yesterday that he was completely shocked at the results, as he never expected it.

Chrissy

Good Stuff...
    That is good stuff. There is always hope. Glad to hear that some good news has come your way.