bad day and no chemo

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I saw a post wanting to know how I am, so here goes. I went to the doctor expecting to get chemo but that did not happen. I have been in pain for over a week now, so i told the doctor today and he did feel that my liver is swollen, so he wants to do a ct and pet scan before he gives me chemo again, so no chemo today. He said that he wants to make sure this chemo is working and if he gives me chemo today and the scans state that the tumor is growing again, then he will not be able to change the chemo drugs since my body will not be strong enough for another round. This is so frustrating since the last 2 times that I saw him, I was doing very well and the tumor was shrinking. I will not see him again until next Tuesday, and this seems scary to me if all is not well. I think that Heidis passing has made me a little paranoid, but I am sure that he knows what he is doing. He is really the expert in Inflammatory Breast Cancer, and I trust him. I will not find out anything until next week and we all know how dreadful the waiting can be! I will fight this with all my heart and soul, I love my children, my hubby, my life. I will keep you updated, but for now the wait and the fight continues. Thank you all for thinking of me and thank you for your prayers! Take care

Comments

• Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Prayers, Thoughts and Hugs
    go out to you Meena....You have so much to fight for so stay strong and positive. We are all here for you.

Hugs, Sally
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Meena I'm praying very hard
    Meena I'm praying very hard for a good report for you. Hoping the chemo has done its job. I pray peace for you while you wait and prayers for your improved health.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Prayers, Thoughts and Hugs
    go out to you Meena....You have so much to fight for so stay strong and positive. We are all here for you.

Hugs, Sally

Oh Meena,
    I hate waiting too

Oh Meena,
    I hate waiting too but I will send lots of prayers to you so that the wait is easier.
    You are a warrior and I know you can be strong.
    Hugs and more hugs,
    Wanda
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    KEEP YOURSELF BUSY
    So Tuesday will be here quickly, keep yourself as busy as you can until that day. Movies, theatre, museums, shopping, visiting, eating out, or eating in with friends and family. I am praying for good news.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm praying for good news
    I'm praying for good news for you!

Hugs,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Meena
    will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your scans are ok so chemo can start again. Try to stay optomistic.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Oh, Meena
    I'm sorry that you are going through all this. Waiting is so hard. Please know that we are all with you and you are with all of us.

Sue
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Prayers
    Meena,
    You have my prayers and hope. I hope everything goes smoothly, and the waiting not to unbearable. A big hug to keep you going. Waiting, praying, and fighting is what we seem to have to do so we do.

Janie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Meena,
    So sorry for the

Meena,
    So sorry for the pain, the waiting, the delays and everything else. I know that you can't help but think of Heidi and that only adds to the stress and fears. But it is good to hear your fighting spirit come through in your post. We all know that you have incredible strength. I will continue to hold you in my prayers and good thoughts. Hoping that the week will pass quickly for you and you get good results.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Sending prayers upwards...
    for you with more to follow. It is amazing how by just reading posts you can become so connected to people you have never met and how they can help you and teach you how to look at this big bc picture. Thank you for the words you have shared with us; I have learned so much from you and others who share their experiences. May your pain subside and may His peace surround you like a soft blanket as you wait.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Meena
    Dear Meena - so sorry to hear of your pain and the need to wait for procedures. We are all praying for you and sending lots of hugs. We all love you!
    Linda
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    linpsu said:

Meena
    Dear Meena - so sorry to hear of your pain and the need to wait for procedures. We are all praying for you and sending lots of hugs. We all love you!
    Linda

Ditto
    Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Thank you for letting us know what's going on with you.

Suzanne
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Hello Meena,
    I am certainly

Hello Meena,
    I am certainly sending up prayers for your continued strength as you WIN this frustrating battle... so glad to hear you STATE that you will fight this with all your heart and soul. While you are fighting... we are holding you up in prayer.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    LVG said:

Hello Meena,
    I am certainly

Hello Meena,
    I am certainly sending up prayers for your continued strength as you WIN this frustrating battle... so glad to hear you STATE that you will fight this with all your heart and soul. While you are fighting... we are holding you up in prayer.

Thank you everyone. I am
    Thank you everyone. I am back on oxycotin and oxycodone and it has really helped me a lot. I will get through this. keep you posted
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    AMomNETN said:

Prayers
    Meena,
    You have my prayers and hope. I hope everything goes smoothly, and the waiting not to unbearable. A big hug to keep you going. Waiting, praying, and fighting is what we seem to have to do so we do.

Janie

:(
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear of this delay. I am hoping and praying that the chemo is working for you. I know the waiting is awful.

Just wish there were more that I could do.

You are amazing Meena, and, such a strong, brave sister in pink. When we write on here how you are our hero, it is so true.

You keep that fighting attitude and we will all continue to give you strength and encouragement!

Please keep posting updates for us.

Sue :)
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Sorry to hear
    that you are in pain. I am sure the dr. has delayed your treatment for a good reason. I know the waiting is not fun but hang in there next Tuesday will be here before you know it. I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for a positive outcome for you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Sending prayers upwards...
    for you with more to follow. It is amazing how by just reading posts you can become so connected to people you have never met and how they can help you and teach you how to look at this big bc picture. Thank you for the words you have shared with us; I have learned so much from you and others who share their experiences. May your pain subside and may His peace surround you like a soft blanket as you wait.

Praying that your pain will
    Praying that your pain will get better. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Hugs, Jan
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Sweet Meena
    Please don't feel disheartened, keep up your fighting strength.

I am so sorry to hear these new. Try to stay focused on healing
    and soothing yourself, it is the best you can do for yourself right
    now. It is easier said than done but I know you can do this.

I know of something that would keep pretty occupied and
    entertained, can you PM me your address?

Love,
    Ayse
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    meena1 said:

Thank you everyone. I am
    Thank you everyone. I am back on oxycotin and oxycodone and it has really helped me a lot. I will get through this. keep you posted

Yes, you will Meena, and, we
    Yes, you will Meena, and, we will all help you! I hope the oxycotin and oxycodone really help you!

Sue :)
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    aysemari said:

Sweet Meena
    Please don't feel disheartened, keep up your fighting strength.

I am so sorry to hear these new. Try to stay focused on healing
    and soothing yourself, it is the best you can do for yourself right
    now. It is easier said than done but I know you can do this.

I know of something that would keep pretty occupied and
    entertained, can you PM me your address?

Love,
    Ayse

Praying
    Meena, I'm praying for you. I'm so sorry that your going through this. Heidi's passing has hit me hard also. Please stay strong and keep us posted.

Hugs,

Dawne