Not feeling good today

2»

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    cavediver said:

hope you are feeling better
    So sorry to hear you are not feeling well AND have to go to work! I usually started to feel bad the 5th or 6th day after infusion.....but again, we are all different. It all sucks...but it gets better...really it does! Hope you are now feeling a bit better....thoughts are with you. Hugs

Thanks
    Thanks cavediver, I am feeling a little better this morning. I called in this morning, but think I will go for a little while anyway. I love my patients and my job actually keeps me going. I have such a wonderful support group at work, plus working keeps my mind off of this nastiness that I'm going through right now. And you are so right... it does suck, but it could be worse and I'm so thankful it's not :)

Hugs,

Dawne
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member

Yay
    Yay.. your last chemo!!! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait till it's my turn to say that :) I hope and pray that you don't have any side effects this time.

Dawne

Your day will come
    when you will be on your last treatment, too!!!
    For mouth sores (which I haven't gotten, but my gums and inside of my cheeks were very raw) it was suggested to mix 1 tsp each of baking soda & salt in about 16 oz of water (some people say 32 oz but I used less water) and switch with this mixture several times a day. I mix it up and leave it in the bathroom and use it everytime I "visit" (which is very often because I drink about 80-100 oz of water a day). I start this before chemo and continue for at least 2 weeks. My onc also suggested taking a small amount of baking soda on the tongue and drinking water each night to change my acidity, however I don't seem to remember this as easily as swishing with my homemade mouthwash.
    I look forward to the day I can congratulate you on your last treatment!!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    JoAnn
  • Texasgirl10
    Sissybug said:

From one Texas girl to another
    Dear Sweet Texas girl, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad and unable to sleep,I went through that too, I just couldn't sleep and most nights I would be up all night and my legs would be aching. Vicki Sam had commented about Neulasta that was my worst, I would have my Chemo and 24 hours later I would go back for the Neulasta injection and that would knock me to my knees, I could barely walk across the room for about a week after receiving that injection. I would get sick immediately after taking my Chemo and stay sick for about week and a half to two weeks, then I would start feeling some better just in time for the next treatment. My heart just aches for you but after the Chemo things will get better. I always felt that I had a sharp mind but the Chemo Brain bothered me a lot and still does, in fact I got lost in my front yard one day (I laugh now when I think back on that incident)it's funny now but it wasn't then. This is not fun and the journey seems long but I'm here to tell you sweet girl you will come out with the Victory, and you will feel brand new again, maybe even bettter than before. I wish I could make it all go away for you but honey it's part of the journey.

Hugs and more hugs
    Dot

I'm crying
    Oh Dot, Your post is so sweet that I'm actually crying right now. I do feel better right this morning. I haven't had any cramps in my legs or feet, but I do get them in my ribs. It's not fun!!! I had one in the grocery store checkout line the other day, boy let me tell you that was an experience lol. I'm sure that wasn't funny at the time getting lost in your front yard but at least you can laugh about it now. That honestly sounds like something I would do :)
    I agree with you that this chemo stuff is not fun, but I do know it could be a lot worse and I walk with God everyday and try to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing. I just don't know any other way to handle this.

Where in Texas are you from? One of our other sisters, Boppy of 3 and I live not too far from each other and we have formed a wonderful friendship. It would be wonderful if you were close enough by that we could all meet.

Hugs back to you and God Bless,

Dawne
  • Texasgirl10
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Texasgirl,
    Hope you are feeling better today. I didn't have mouthsores, had and still have dry mouth. I use Biotin toothpaste, mouthwash & gel. It really helps. Also, I used plastic forks and spoons to help against the metal mouth.

xoxo
    Jean

Hey Jean
    I am feeling a little better today. I remembered that you had posted a while back about the biotene, so I got some after the first chemo. Your right it does help. Thanks for posting that :) I am using the plastic forks and styrofoam plates & cups. But really all I want is ice from the sonic. Isn't that weird? I've never been an ice chewer but now all of the sudden it's all I want.

Hugs to you,

Dawne
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413

You described how I feel
    Hi Linda,
    You just described how I feel to a T. I'm not sick, just feeling rundown and I don't know why. How are you doing? When is your surgery? I've been thinking about you and my prayers are constantly going up for you.

Hugs back to you,

Dawne

I'm glad you're feeling
    I'm glad you're feeling better today. I'll send you a PM on your questions. And thank you for the constant prayers, I'm sure they help.

More hugs,

Linda
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Hope today was a better one
    sending good thoughts you way...hope you are feeling better
  • racergirl
    racergirl Member Posts: 50

Thanks
    Thanks Janice, I'm sure I will. I just wish these mouth sores with rusted metal taste would go away.

My Onc Nurse told me to use
    My Onc Nurse told me to use Sensodine ORIGINAL, not any of the fancy stuff. It does not have a chemical in it that other toothpastes have(can't remember what chem it is). It helped my a great deal.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

Hope today was a better one
    sending good thoughts you way...hope you are feeling better

Hey there TexasGirl
    Your doing way better than I did.
    Keep your chin up and listen too your body, when you feel tired rest and give into your cravings of ice from sonic: )
    Take care sweetie...Karie
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I hope
    you feel better soon. I was ok a couple of days after chemo but by Friday the Neulasta shot took it's toll and I slept most weekends. Fortunately I didn't have to work but my sister did. You have 2 done and how many to go. Think of it that way. Be over soon......
    {{hugs}} Char
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I hope
    you feel better soon. I was ok a couple of days after chemo but by Friday the Neulasta shot took it's toll and I slept most weekends. Fortunately I didn't have to work but my sister did. You have 2 done and how many to go. Think of it that way. Be over soon......
    {{hugs}} Char

Texasgirl,
    I can't speak to

Texasgirl,
    I can't speak to the chemo issues but I will keep you in my prayers.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    fauxma said:

Texasgirl,
    I can't speak to

Texasgirl,

I used peredex mouth wash
    I used peredex mouth wash ordered by my onc during AC I never got a mouth sore. I used biotene during taxol. glad you are having a better day.
  • Sissybug
    Sissybug Member Posts: 10

I'm crying
    Oh Dot, Your post is so sweet that I'm actually crying right now. I do feel better right this morning. I haven't had any cramps in my legs or feet, but I do get them in my ribs. It's not fun!!! I had one in the grocery store checkout line the other day, boy let me tell you that was an experience lol. I'm sure that wasn't funny at the time getting lost in your front yard but at least you can laugh about it now. That honestly sounds like something I would do :)
    I agree with you that this chemo stuff is not fun, but I do know it could be a lot worse and I walk with God everyday and try to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing. I just don't know any other way to handle this.

Where in Texas are you from? One of our other sisters, Boppy of 3 and I live not too far from each other and we have formed a wonderful friendship. It would be wonderful if you were close enough by that we could all meet.

Hugs back to you and God Bless,

Dawne

Texas girls
    Hi Honey, I hope it's been a good day for you and most of all I hope you will get a good nights sleep tonight, During my treatment I couldn't sleep either and then about the third day my body would just almost shut down for lack of sleep. I received a message from Boppy, I responded back I hope she got it for some reason it seems to take along time to send a message on this Forum.I think Boppy told me she lived around the Gatesville area, we live in Killeen we are retired military so we are all three pretty close to each other. I'm happy honey that you walk with God every day,so do I. Isn't he wonderful and isn't it wonderful knowing him? When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer I actually worried for a couple of weeks about it then it dawned on me that it was just to big for me to handle and once I realized that, I owned it, I claimed it, and I turned it over to God and I have been o.k. ever since, as sick as I was I never one time became depressed because you see I knew I would come out with the Victory and I did. Last Friday the 29th was my last treatment and my Onocoligist at Scott&White (Dr. Hadlock) told me I was "Cancer Free", how wonderful to start a New Year like that.Now you continue to stay positive and know that God and his angels are always there with you, you know after all he is the great physician. And if you should need any thing and I can help, please let me know. Oh Goodness.....I almost forgot to tell you, for mouth sores I used the stuff that we put on babies gums when they are teething, it's a gel called Num Zit Gel and their is another one called Orasol Gel.

Love you.
    Dot
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    fauxma said:

Texasgirl,
    I can't speak to

Texasgirl,

Texas Girl
    Nothing to really say or add just thinking of you and hope you are feeling a bit better..
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Kat11 said:

Some good days some bad.
    Some good days some bad. Hang in there. If I remember your on AC right now. Sometimes it does effect our sleep and then you wake up feeling like crap,and then the whole day goes bad. Take it as easy as you can.

I really hope that you start
    I really hope that you start having some good days!

Hugs, Megan
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

Texas Girl
    Nothing to really say or add just thinking of you and hope you are feeling a bit better..

I wish no one had to suffer these side effects!
    For those of us who have walked this road ahead of you, please know that although it doesn't feel like it now, it will be over and you'll feel better. I'm praying you are feeling better as I write this.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    joannstar said:

The 5th day was my worst
    I have my T-C treatments on Friday with a neulasta shot on Sunday and find that Tuesday is my worst day. I usually struggle to work on Monday and then have to stay home on Tuesday in bed.
    I didn't start to feel better until day 8 to 10 which increased with each treatment.
    I go in for my last chemo on Friday. Finally!
    Hugs
    JoAnn

Hoping that soon you will
    Hoping that soon you will feel better Texasgirl.

And, congrats early JoAnn on finishing chemo. Be sure and post your good news so we can all congratulate you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    racergirl said:

My Onc Nurse told me to use
    My Onc Nurse told me to use Sensodine ORIGINAL, not any of the fancy stuff. It does not have a chemical in it that other toothpastes have(can't remember what chem it is). It helped my a great deal.

Hoping that by now, you are
    Hoping that by now, you are feeling a lot better.

Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    weazer said:

Hey there TexasGirl
    Your doing way better than I did.
    Keep your chin up and listen too your body, when you feel tired rest and give into your cravings of ice from sonic: )
    Take care sweetie...Karie

Hoping and praying that
    Hoping and praying that you're feeling better.