Why do I scare myself? update!

tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So, I'm making myself nervous, most likely for no reason at all. As many of you know, I've had IBS for many years, and the symptoms (constipation, for the most part) have only gotten worse since my colon resection. In the last few days I've had even more difficulty with that, plus I'm wiping away a little blood sometimes. I also have a feeling in my abdomen that's hard to describe. Before I knew I had cancer, I would laugh about it and say I felt like I was bleeding "on the inside." This was said in a John Wayne voice, because he uttered that phrase in one of his very early movies. As it turned out, I actually WAS bleeding (needed 2 units of blood before I could have surgery). I sort of have that same feeling now. It's freaking me out. I do have my CEA check coming up on Friday, so we'll see what that brings.

*hugs*
Gail

I decided in the light of day not to call the doctor just yet, because I've had more trouble with constipation lately,and it's most likely from straining. I know, I know. I talked myself out of a lot of symptoms before the diagnosis. But I have the CEA labwork on Friday, so I think it can wait until then. I am keeping watch on myself (don't you love looking at your own poop all the time?)and will call sooner than that if the bleeding gets worse. I did have some today, not much. Thanks for the concern and prayers. I'll let y'all know!

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Gail
    I am hoping this is "just" your IBS, as it probably is. It may be worth mentioning to your doctor, to give you peace of mind. We all freak out! Hugs to you.
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Gail, try to relax a little
    Gail, try to relax a little and know that you can always call your Dr. in the a.m. Do talk with the doc and set your mind at rest. If you need med. attention you should not put that off, but lst try to relax a little tonight. I will keep you in my prayers. Please, do talk with your doc. Love, jean
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    It is hard not to freak out,
    It is hard not to freak out, any little stomach pain brings back a bit of fear. Good luck for your Dr appt
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    I too hope you can get some
    I too hope you can get some rest tonight before you talk to your doc in the morning.

Take care, Gail
  • plh4gail said:

I too hope you can get some
    I too hope you can get some rest tonight before you talk to your doc in the morning.

Take care, Gail

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Gail,
    we all freak out with

Gail,
    we all freak out with every ache and pain. That being said, go to the doctor. It could be something as simple as too much straining from being constipated. But go now, better to be checked now that later! If this desease has taught any of us anything, it is not to ignore our bodies!! Please call and get in!

Love to you,
    Kathy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Symptoms
    It's terrible that things that we normally wouldn't have considered anything to worry about now we worry about plus some. Just call your doctor's office and explain the situation and your concern and ask them what they think you should do. Maybe they can do a flex scope which shows a lot. If you don't call you will worry constantly and that's not good for you either. Praying that all is ok.

Kim
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Gail
    Hope that you connect with your doc soonest and get some reassurance about what may be the cause of your symptoms.

Unfortunately, a cancer diagnosis comes with a life time supply of worrying about any changes in our bodies.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Everytime my mother goes in
    Everytime my mother goes in for a scan or bloodwork, I enter into what seems to be an extreme case of PMS and I EAT! I am just her daughter so I can only imagine what you are going through. Under the circumstances it is easy to understand your concerns and fears.
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Everytime my mother goes in
    Everytime my mother goes in for a scan or bloodwork, I enter into what seems to be an extreme case of PMS and I EAT! I am just her daughter so I can only imagine what you are going through. Under the circumstances it is easy to understand your concerns and fears.

I hope
    you feel better soon, i would tell the dr

michelle
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Gail,
    I hope this is

Gail,
    I hope this is nothing, just your IBS. Please let your doctor know. Prayers for you and your CEA check is ok.
    Linda and Ellie
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    Saying a prayer that it's
    Saying a prayer that it's nothing Gail...Keep us posted.
    Hugs from April
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Gail
    I have had similar problems, could it be a fissure?
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    wondering
    Ok, I'm wondering how you are doing and feeling and what the Doctor did and told you?

Take care, Gail
  • tootsie1
    Sonia32 said:

Gail
    I have had similar problems, could it be a fissure?

Not sure
    I didn't have any bleeding today, so hoping it was just because I've had several days of "difficulties."

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    plh4gail said:

wondering
    Ok, I'm wondering how you are doing and feeling and what the Doctor did and told you?

Take care, Gail

I'm okay (I think)
    hey, Gail.

Didn't have any bleeding that I could see today, so that's good. My stomach NEVER feels good anymore, so no change there. I decided to wait until Friday, unless something more severe happens. I'm sure I've just allowed cancer to make me a crazy person. Thanks for asking!

*hugs*
    Gail