Not feeling good today

Texasgirl10
Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have just been out of sorts all day long. It doesn't help that I didn't sleep well last night, then I went to work today. I had my 2nd chemo on Thursday of last week, so I really thought that I would be feeling good today. I hope I wake up feeling better tomorrow.

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Feel better
    I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow Take care of yourself. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Texasgirl10

Feel better
    I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow Take care of yourself. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Thanks
    Thanks Janice, I'm sure I will. I just wish these mouth sores with rusted metal taste would go away.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Feel better
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Some good days some bad.
    Some good days some bad. Hang in there. If I remember your on AC right now. Sometimes it does effect our sleep and then you wake up feeling like crap,and then the whole day goes bad. Take it as easy as you can.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Sorry to hear today was a
    Sorry to hear today was a rough one for you. It probably doesn't help, but I had days like that too...still do. Days I just felt low...low energy, low mood, side effects seemed worse, etc. Never could pinpoint a reason, but the one that most frequently seemed like the culprit was hydration. And if you've put away that nasty habit you mentioned, that might be part of it too.

Get some rest and do something to pamper yourself. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hugs,

Linda
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Sometimes it's the 2nd week
    Sometimes it's the 2nd week that the yuckies kick in....gets better the 3rd week then it's time to go again....that's rough when you have to go to work...I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Dee
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Sometimes it's the 2nd week
    Sometimes it's the 2nd week that the yuckies kick in....gets better the 3rd week then it's time to go again....that's rough when you have to go to work...I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Dee

Feel better!
    As Scarlet said in "Gone With the Wind", "Tomorrow is another day". Hang in there.
    Marsha
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    It took me longer to start
    It took me longer to start feeling better. The first 2 weeks were bad and then I'd start feeling like I was back in the land of the living during the 3rd week just in time for another infusion. Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow.
    jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

It took me longer to start
    It took me longer to start feeling better. The first 2 weeks were bad and then I'd start feeling like I was back in the land of the living during the 3rd week just in time for another infusion. Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow.
    jan

TexasGirl .. are you having "neulasta shots" 24 hours after
    you chemo infusion? Please let me know .. this may be the cause of you acky and crapxxx feeling.

Vicki Sam
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Texas Girl
    While going through chemo, during the second week after treatment I would crash and get very depressed. It turned out that my depression may have been because the steroids from the treatment had worn off. My sister noticed the pattern I was having and said her friend had the same kind of depression around 10 days to two weeks after chemo, then felt better a few days later. Xanax, prescribed anti-anxiety pill, helped on those days. Hope you feel better.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I sure hope you are feeling
    I sure hope you are feeling better today. Are you using the alcohol free mouth wash for the sores? It helped me allot. I used Act mouth wash. I also drank the protein drinks and it did help with fatigue ( Ensure ) Hope this helps. Feel better your in my prayers. Take care Kay
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    The 5th day was my worst
    I have my T-C treatments on Friday with a neulasta shot on Sunday and find that Tuesday is my worst day. I usually struggle to work on Monday and then have to stay home on Tuesday in bed.
    I didn't start to feel better until day 8 to 10 which increased with each treatment.
    I go in for my last chemo on Friday. Finally!
    Hugs
    JoAnn
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193

Thanks
    Thanks Janice, I'm sure I will. I just wish these mouth sores with rusted metal taste would go away.

Sores
    Ask Onc. of there is something to take for these mouth sores. The metal taste goes away. Helped when I used plastic utensils.
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    hope you are feeling better
    So sorry to hear you are not feeling well AND have to go to work! I usually started to feel bad the 5th or 6th day after infusion.....but again, we are all different. It all sucks...but it gets better...really it does! Hope you are now feeling a bit better....thoughts are with you. Hugs
  • Sissybug
    Sissybug Member Posts: 10
    From one Texas girl to another
    Dear Sweet Texas girl, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad and unable to sleep,I went through that too, I just couldn't sleep and most nights I would be up all night and my legs would be aching. Vicki Sam had commented about Neulasta that was my worst, I would have my Chemo and 24 hours later I would go back for the Neulasta injection and that would knock me to my knees, I could barely walk across the room for about a week after receiving that injection. I would get sick immediately after taking my Chemo and stay sick for about week and a half to two weeks, then I would start feeling some better just in time for the next treatment. My heart just aches for you but after the Chemo things will get better. I always felt that I had a sharp mind but the Chemo Brain bothered me a lot and still does, in fact I got lost in my front yard one day (I laugh now when I think back on that incident)it's funny now but it wasn't then. This is not fun and the journey seems long but I'm here to tell you sweet girl you will come out with the Victory, and you will feel brand new again, maybe even bettter than before. I wish I could make it all go away for you but honey it's part of the journey.

Hugs and more hugs
    Dot
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Texasgirl,
    Hope you are feeling better today. I didn't have mouthsores, had and still have dry mouth. I use Biotin toothpaste, mouthwash & gel. It really helps. Also, I used plastic forks and spoons to help against the metal mouth.

xoxo
    Jean
  • Texasgirl10

Sores
    Ask Onc. of there is something to take for these mouth sores. The metal taste goes away. Helped when I used plastic utensils.

Lidocaine swish
    He gave me some lidocaine swish and it works wonders for a little while. The last time I had chemo I got thrush so he put me on diflucan. So far I haven't had thrush this time, & I sure hope I don't.
  • Texasgirl10

Sorry to hear today was a
    Sorry to hear today was a rough one for you. It probably doesn't help, but I had days like that too...still do. Days I just felt low...low energy, low mood, side effects seemed worse, etc. Never could pinpoint a reason, but the one that most frequently seemed like the culprit was hydration. And if you've put away that nasty habit you mentioned, that might be part of it too.

Get some rest and do something to pamper yourself. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hugs,

Linda

You described how I feel
    Hi Linda,
    You just described how I feel to a T. I'm not sick, just feeling rundown and I don't know why. How are you doing? When is your surgery? I've been thinking about you and my prayers are constantly going up for you.

Hugs back to you,

Dawne
  • Texasgirl10
    VickiSam said:

TexasGirl .. are you having "neulasta shots" 24 hours after
    you chemo infusion? Please let me know .. this may be the cause of you acky and crapxxx feeling.

Vicki Sam

No shots
    Hi VickiSam,

No I'm not having any shots after chemo. My Onc hasn't metioned any shots either.. I don't want a shot. I have no problem giving shots all day long, but I don't want to be on the receiving end of a needle lol
  • Texasgirl10

I sure hope you are feeling
    I sure hope you are feeling better today. Are you using the alcohol free mouth wash for the sores? It helped me allot. I used Act mouth wash. I also drank the protein drinks and it did help with fatigue ( Ensure ) Hope this helps. Feel better your in my prayers. Take care Kay

Biotene and lidocaine swish
    I'm using biotene toothpaste and mouthwash. My Onc also prescribed lidocaine swish and it does help for a little while. I'm feeling a little better today. I called in sick to work, but I think I'm going to go in for a little while. The Doctor that I work for is wonderful and really wants me to stay home, but said if I really wanted to come in that would be ok, but to leave if I start feeling weak again. Thank You for your prayers and you are in mine also.

Hugs to you,

Dawne
  • Texasgirl10
    joannstar said:

The 5th day was my worst
    I have my T-C treatments on Friday with a neulasta shot on Sunday and find that Tuesday is my worst day. I usually struggle to work on Monday and then have to stay home on Tuesday in bed.
    I didn't start to feel better until day 8 to 10 which increased with each treatment.
    I go in for my last chemo on Friday. Finally!
    Hugs
    JoAnn

Yay
    Yay.. your last chemo!!! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait till it's my turn to say that :) I hope and pray that you don't have any side effects this time.

Dawne