Snow in So Cal? Really??

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Any of those sisters see it? And Did you believe your eyes?

Sue

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I-5 closed for snow near LA
    It's been on TV for a while. I-5 closed for snow near LA. Snow in Vegas. We lived on NWC China Lake (Ridgecrest) for 3 years and we got some snow every year.

We got snow here this morning and we're in the "South" - South DAKOTA that is! (LOL)

Susan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    We don't have any snow on
    We don't have any snow on the roads near me ( I am a good 90 mins from Los Angeles) but my mountain range, which I can see from my house has snow on it~ and just this afternoon Siobhan called me outside to see the biggest, most beautiful rainbow! All good!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

We don't have any snow on
    We don't have any snow on the roads near me ( I am a good 90 mins from Los Angeles) but my mountain range, which I can see from my house has snow on it~ and just this afternoon Siobhan called me outside to see the biggest, most beautiful rainbow! All good!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Denise's roommates came home
    Denise's roommates came home from LA early this morning (3am). The Grapevine was closed so they had to detour to a longer route. Then there were lots of accidents on the way home. It took them over 11 hours of stressful driving but they arrived safe and sound. It has been chilly here but nothing like some areas of the country. We have had 40 degree nights and 50 degree days. The family laughs because I am wearing coats when I go out and I rarely ever wear a coat. I only own one because sweaters or sweatshirts usually do the job for me.
    I'm the one who hands and feet are always warm. Hope the weather clears and the roads reopen soon.
    I love beautiful rainbows. Especially double ones. They are like seeing a little miracle.
    Stef
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    fauxma said:

Denise's roommates came home
    Denise's roommates came home from LA early this morning (3am). The Grapevine was closed so they had to detour to a longer route. Then there were lots of accidents on the way home. It took them over 11 hours of stressful driving but they arrived safe and sound. It has been chilly here but nothing like some areas of the country. We have had 40 degree nights and 50 degree days. The family laughs because I am wearing coats when I go out and I rarely ever wear a coat. I only own one because sweaters or sweatshirts usually do the job for me.
    I'm the one who hands and feet are always warm. Hope the weather clears and the roads reopen soon.
    I love beautiful rainbows. Especially double ones. They are like seeing a little miracle.
    Stef

Rainbows are even more
    Rainbows are even more beautiful when you drive through the base of one! i've done it twice and it is so neat - all pink and rosey. At least the ones I went through were. Unfortunately, didn't find the port of gold - shucks.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Rague said:

I-5 closed for snow near LA
    It's been on TV for a while. I-5 closed for snow near LA. Snow in Vegas. We lived on NWC China Lake (Ridgecrest) for 3 years and we got some snow every year.

We got snow here this morning and we're in the "South" - South DAKOTA that is! (LOL)

Susan

Cajon Pass closed too
    this is the Highway heading to Vegas and back. It was closed down all nite and most of today because of snow.
    It is fairly usual up in the mountains this time of year.
    Brrrr, it is cold for us SoCal 80 degree weather people.
    lol
    Cat
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Rague said:

Rainbows are even more
    Rainbows are even more beautiful when you drive through the base of one! i've done it twice and it is so neat - all pink and rosey. At least the ones I went through were. Unfortunately, didn't find the port of gold - shucks.

Always wondered where the
    Always wondered where the base was, must've been really interesting going through it. Do any of you California girls need some scarves and mitts........happy to send some down!! Enjoying your sunshine up here still :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Always wondered where the
    Always wondered where the base was, must've been really interesting going through it. Do any of you California girls need some scarves and mitts........happy to send some down!! Enjoying your sunshine up here still :)

We live in Orange Cty/Riverside line .. foothills of Cleveland
    National forest .. cold .. cold cold.. our central heater is out of control .. our home is a mere 61 degrees, and there are peaks of snow on the foothills 4 houses down from us .. this is the 2nd time it's has snowed here .. in 6 years..

I have a head cold .. 5 days and counting .. 101 fever .. no health insurance, but I have a round of anti botics that I am currently taking in an effort of getting rid of this bad boy ...! Too much wear and tear on my body .. preparing and entertaining Christmas .. Oh well, I missed out on so much last year during this holiday's due to my chemo induced coma .. infusion, loss memory and fainting.. ahhh those were good times..LMAO, not.

Mud, dirty snow and rain .. gotta love Southern California .. next week, it's will be 80 degrees...

Vicki Sam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Rague said:

Rainbows are even more

Hey, Rague, me, too!!!!
    ....twice I have driven thru them...

And the water kicked up by the other cars are mini rainbows!!!!

My family thinks I'm nuts...but for one, my daughter was with me...so I have a WITNESS...no halucinigens on board at the time, either...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Saturday, it was colder there that here...
    in The Netherlands!!!! What a topsy/turvy world we live in!!!!

(I am certain that when I return to So Cal in the Spring, I will have some SERIOUS replanting to do...sigh...I supposibly live in one of the tropical areas of the world...lol!)

Hugs, Kathi