Did you see the news about Blood Test to Detect CANCER???!!!!!

Comments

• unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Blood test
    Thanks for posting this. Very Interesting.

I sent the article to my dad. He is meeting with his doctor at MD Anderson today --- hopefully he will get my message before his appointment so he can ask about the test. If I find out any additional information I will pass it along. Looks like the test will only be available at 4 hospitals initially - Mass General, Dana Farber, Sloan and MD Anderson. But it certainly is a start.

Best,
    Cindy
  • nancyann3
    nancyann3 Member Posts: 173 Member
    thanks for the info
    Very interesting. Thanks!
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    I spoke to my dad. My dad's
    I spoke to my dad. My dad's doctor at MD Anderson actually mentioned this blood test to my dad today during his appointment (I wasn't able to speak to him before his appointment) and told him it was going to be in the press today. Apparently, this is not "new" to those in the medical community working on clinical trials at the cancer speciality hospitals.

His doctor said there may be some benefit, but that it may take some time for it to go into production and that the medical community is trying to decide how to utilize the new test and how it can help in the treatment and diagnosis of cancer. I am going to his next appointment at MD Anderson in Houston on January 20th and will be sure to ask more questions.
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824

I spoke to my dad. My dad's
    I spoke to my dad. My dad's doctor at MD Anderson actually mentioned this blood test to my dad today during his appointment (I wasn't able to speak to him before his appointment) and told him it was going to be in the press today. Apparently, this is not "new" to those in the medical community working on clinical trials at the cancer speciality hospitals.

His doctor said there may be some benefit, but that it may take some time for it to go into production and that the medical community is trying to decide how to utilize the new test and how it can help in the treatment and diagnosis of cancer. I am going to his next appointment at MD Anderson in Houston on January 20th and will be sure to ask more questions.

Hi, I saw this on the news
    Hi, I saw this on the news this morning. I know from what they say it will be a while before they know all that it can be used for, But Praise God it is a break thru for cancer. Any new thing developed is exciting! Praying 2011 will be the year for the cure to be discovered.
    Sandra