Winter Marie

lostit2003
lostit2003 Member Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The last thing I saw on Winter Marie was that she was going home. Anyone know how she is doing?

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Doing Well
    Thank you for asking, sitting on my couch is uncomfortable yet, it's the best place for wi-fi, so don't spend very much time on laptop, just a few minutes.
    Healing nicely, walking around the block, making dinners, might even sweep the floor tomorrow. (Gosh it needs it!!)
    Winter Marie
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member

Doing Well
    Thank you for asking, sitting on my couch is uncomfortable yet, it's the best place for wi-fi, so don't spend very much time on laptop, just a few minutes.
    Healing nicely, walking around the block, making dinners, might even sweep the floor tomorrow. (Gosh it needs it!!)
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie:
    Sounds like you are doing well, congratulations. Now don't go doing too much, give yourself lots of time to heal. The floor can wait!

Hugs - Tina
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

Doing Well
    Winter Marie

Glad to hear it
    I'm glad you're doing so well. Don't get too enthusiastic about housework. Give yourself time to heal, okay?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

Doing Well
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie
    You are truly inspirational! I am so glad you are doing so well. I can't believe you are making dinners. What are you making?
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    AnneCan said:

Winter Marie
    You are truly inspirational! I am so glad you are doing so well. I can't believe you are making dinners. What are you making?

Dinner
    Steamed Yukon Potatoes, steamed green beans, meatloaf (made in slow cooker) and homemade gravy. (OMG, this gravy is so fantastic!!! My mother taught me well on gravies!!)
    Sitting on couch eating it now.
  • lostit2003
    lostit2003 Member Posts: 53

Dinner
    Steamed Yukon Potatoes, steamed green beans, meatloaf (made in slow cooker) and homemade gravy. (OMG, this gravy is so fantastic!!! My mother taught me well on gravies!!)

Great
    Good to hear you are doing so great and your dinner sounds wonderful!!!
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641

Great
    Good to hear you are doing so great and your dinner sounds wonderful!!!

Happy Happy
    Oh winter marie I'm doing the happy dance just for you .I was just jumping for joy when Jorge walk into the room and he's standing there looking at me as if I had gone crazy he asked me are you ok and I told him that the dance was for you I told him how awesome you are doing . And he started to cry and said Tina there is hope for me .oh I'm so happy your doing well hugs Tina
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

Dinner

WOW!
    I honestly can hardly believe it! Enjoy.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    It's good to hear you are
    It's good to hear you are feeling so well. Please be careful though, no lifting yet ok?

Take lot's of care, Gail
  • plh4gail said:

It's good to hear you are
    It's good to hear you are feeling so well. Please be careful though, no lifting yet ok?

Take lot's of care, Gail

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Dinner

So glad to hear
    So glad to hear that you are doing so well with your recovery.

You will have to give gravy making lessons when you feel up to it...lol...was something I never learned.

Hugs,

the other Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member

Dinner

I love a great gravy as well
    Your post has made me realise my hunger. No more posts.
    I am off to raid the fridge.
    Its after midnight here.
    well would you consider sharing the secret of your great gravy ?
    thanks,
    Pete
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I am so happy to hear you
    I am so happy to hear you are doing so well!!! take good care of yourself!

Kathy
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

Doing Well
    Winter Marie

Doing Well
    Winter Marie... that is wonderful that you are feeling so much better. But since it is still uncomfortable to sit for any length of time, I would go very, very easy on doing any kind of housework yet. The floors can wait, or if they are really bugging you, have someone come in and do them for you. It's all fine and dandy to say you are feeling much better and up to doing some "light" housework, but that's usually when we tend to overdo it without realizing that light housework can be overdoing it. You don't want to create any setbacks :)

Live the life of leisure! Now is the time where you can take that saying and run with it :)

Cheryl
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    khl8 said:

I am so happy to hear you
    I am so happy to hear you are doing so well!!! take good care of yourself!

Kathy

sooooo good to see you
    Winter Marie....how very lovely to see you! out there walking around the block and cooking. Good girl.....that is so good....
    remember lots of protein now for healing....keep eating resting and lightly exercising....

so proud of you

big hugs
    mags
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome
    Wow after all you have been through I'm surprised you are doing all you're doing. Glad that you are healing nicely. Hope you had a good Holiday Season. Wishing you continued recovery and hoping that you feel better soon. Take it easy and don't push yourself. It's wi-fi just awesome :) By the way, your dinner sounds yummy, think I'll come over.

Kim
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member

Doing Well
    Winter Marie

Woo Hoo Winter Marie
    Glad that you are recuperating so well. That what all the well wishes and prayer from your semicolon family can do! HUGS
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member

Doing Well
    Winter Marie

Marie
    Hi Marie,

Glad to hear you report in! You take it easy & let someone else sweep the floor! (unless your house is like mine- they just tell me I can save it for later, but they still won't do it themselves-grrr... oh well- let the crumbs pile up!)

Take care!!

Lisa
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352

Awesome
    Wow after all you have been through I'm surprised you are doing all you're doing. Glad that you are healing nicely. Hope you had a good Holiday Season. Wishing you continued recovery and hoping that you feel better soon. Take it easy and don't push yourself. It's wi-fi just awesome :) By the way, your dinner sounds yummy, think I'll come over.

Kim

Hey Winter Marie.!!!
    Glad to hear your recovering swiftly I new you would. You had so many people sending prayer and positive thoughts your way. It was so nice to be a part of.
    Tom
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    TMac52 said:

Hey Winter Marie.!!!
    Glad to hear your recovering swiftly I new you would. You had so many people sending prayer and positive thoughts your way. It was so nice to be a part of.
    Tom

Awesome for sure
    Winter Marie,

I'm so happy to hear things are going so well with your recovery. As others have mentioned already, just be careful and don't over due it. I think the walking is probably doing wonders for your recovery. When I was in the hospital, I walked as much as they would let me. It always felt good to get up and about,plus they say it helps you to heal faster, so I was all for that. Sounds like you are well on your way to a speedy recovery and just want to say Happy belated New year too!

Don