Off subject, cuz maybe we need it - yesteryear TV

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As you know, I am caregiver to my parents weekends. After all the chores and caregiving, I have time on my hands so I channel surf. Even with 180 channels, there is often nothing interesting on TV. This weekend, Encore was running a "Wagon Train" marathon. I know that dates me! Even as a young child, I knew what handsome was and Robert Horton fit that bill, so I watched it for hours.

Anyway, it made me think about all the westerns that ruled the airwaves in the 50's and 60's, along with other great shows. I'm 57 so I recall 'The Rifleman', 'The Lawman', 'Bonanza' and Dad's favorite 'Gunsmoke'. I loved many other shows, too.

So - everyone - not just 50 somethings, what were some of your favorites? And if you can answer this question "Hey kids, what time is it?" I'll know how old you are!!

Sue

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sue
    It's Howdy Doody Time"! I'm 61! I loved the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie. As well as My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, the Ozzie & Harriet Show - too many to count. After watching the Kennedy Center honors last week how about the first time the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan show!
    Char
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Twilight Zone
    Still watch the marathons when they're on.

Cindy
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Snowkitty said:

Twilight Zone
    Still watch the marathons when they're on.

Cindy

Cindy
    I forgot about the Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock. I used to babysit often on Friday and Saturday nights and loved watching these shows.
    Char
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Cindy
    I forgot about the Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock. I used to babysit often on Friday and Saturday nights and loved watching these shows.
    Char

Happy Days, Laverne &
    Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Green Acres, Knots Landing, Dallas....... & there was some show wheni was very young, with a science guy that I used to LOVE it was on during the day while my sister was at school. & Bozoo the clown!!! Mr Rogers............
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    I wasn't really into westerns.
    I loved comedies like Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, and I Love Lucy. I too loved Dallas & Knotts Landing. Yes, Bozo the Clown and Romper Room too!
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Memories
    I loved The Rookies, Brady Bunch, Room 222, and Love American Style (a show before it's time)! Great memories.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Jean 0609 said:

I wasn't really into westerns.
    I loved comedies like Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, and I Love Lucy. I too loved Dallas & Knotts Landing. Yes, Bozo the Clown and Romper Room too!

Good Memories
    We had one TV in the house, I think that is all anyone had and it was black and white. Gunsmoke and Bonanza were 2 of our favorites. I loved Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction. My Mom loved Dragnet and another police show that I can't remember the name of. A little later The Waltons,Happy Days and others. It was nice because the shows were safe for everyone to watch no bleeping out words! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    mom62 said:

Memories
    I loved The Rookies, Brady Bunch, Room 222, and Love American Style (a show before it's time)! Great memories.

The Virginian. Peyton
    The Virginian. Peyton Place. Marcus Welby, MD. Leave it to Beaver. The Donna Reed Show. Big Valley.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    "It's Howdy Dowdy Time"
    As a child we always watched Lawernce Welk & Ed Sullivan. I always enjoyed the Dr. shows that were on.

Georgia
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    bonanza
    i remenber the very first show i still like bonanza. and it was one of the first show to be in color. o hope everyone had a great new year and it will carry on to the next year
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    bonanza
    i remenber the very first show i still like bonanza. and it was one of the first show to be in color. o hope everyone had a great new year and it will carry on to the next year
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    ladybug22 said:

bonanza

Rawhide, Maverick, Andy's
    Rawhide, Maverick, Andy's Gang, Dr. Kildare, Ben Casey MD, Marcus Welby (much later on), I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Carol Burnett, and so many more that I am totally not remembering but as others post I will go, oh yeah I remember that, I loved it. Outer Limits, see I knew I would think of others.
    Stef
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    Sue
    It's Howdy Doody time. I Loved Dallas, Little house on the Prairie, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirly, and how about Mork and Mincy
    Happy new year!