It's morning here, and the skies are filled with geese....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
9AM, and the sun barely up!!!!

The geese fly in a V shape. The one at the point cuts the air, and makes is easier for the rest to fly. It's magnificent to watch as the point falls back, and another from the flock takes over, since this point position takes the most work...the whole flock takes turns.

Today is Sunday. Yesterday was fireworks cleanup. Tomorrow there may be snow. It's below freezing again, yesterday being the only day that was above. My daughter and I took a walk in a lovely park along the river. Being a Southern Californian, this experience is new for her, and continually new for me!

My bird house was retrieved from the stall, and is festooned with seed balls, bread, and apple bits for the birds. I've seen robins, thrushes, and sparrows so far, and a bird I only know as meeshe...maybe finch?...with a beautiful yellow breast, a coal-black head, and a white stripe down it's neck...

Good morning, sisters!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157
    Good morning
    Thank you for taking us on your walk & for letting us watch the bird feeder with you.
    Felt like I was right there with you.:0)
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Nature really renews the
    Nature really renews the spirit, doesn't it? Thanks for the beautiful and peaceful image before I head out to work. I especially like the image of the geese, working as a team and helping each other out. We could learn a lot from geese!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Nature really renews the
    Nature really renews the spirit, doesn't it? Thanks for the beautiful and peaceful image before I head out to work. I especially like the image of the geese, working as a team and helping each other out. We could learn a lot from geese!

There is always a goose that
    There is always a goose that falls back and helps one that is hurt. I agree CC. Thanks for the lovely visual. You have such joy in your life.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Kathi, I adore
    the way you take pleasure in life. I have never seen geese before and never knew
    why they fly in a V shape. I love it.

It is very much like this here on the board, in times like this, we too need a few to
    strong ones to lead us through the storm. And I think they all know who they are.

Love,
    Ayse
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Kathi... those are beautiful
    Kathi... those are beautiful images. It all sounds so grand. Glad you and your daughter are enjoying your time together. And... that's a great pic of you three together!
    BL
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fellow bird lover!
    Kathi, I share your joy in observing & caring for wild birds. The backyard feeders are always filled with various types of food. And, during the warmer weather - several baths are cleaned & filled daily. In winter, a heating element is added to one so that fresh water continues to be available - in spite of below freezing temperatures.

Here, in the Midwest, our visitors vary throughout the year as some species migrate through. Always so exciting to spot a type not seen before in our own backyard!

Good morning, sister!

Kindest regards, Susan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I love the geese! Fall and
    I love the geese! Fall and spring Canada geese and trumpeter swans migrate through our area and stay for about 6 weeks or more. It's a real signal to the end of winter when I hear the first geese fly through. Hundreds and hundreds of swans and geese land here and it's so wonderfully noisy, it raises my spirits to see and hear them and I'm usually out with my camera trying to get good shots.