All Done With Chemo

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I gave the red devil a kiss good bye and Taxol. I am only itchy as I write this and cold. I start the new year off right only now I have to deal with rads I saw the place this morning for rads. Learned yesterday I have to deal with the port for a year I cant put up with the pain in my neck ever since they put it in me. I be ripping the port out myself. I had it I need my life back.

Comments

• Betsy13
    Betsy13 Member Posts: 185
    One down...
    Hey Cutie~

Done with Chemo! That is great. I never had a port so I don't know what you're going through. My pray for you is comfort and relief from the port and an ease of pain in your neck. I pray they will be able to remove it NOW instead of later.

Take care of yourself. Neosporin and Cortisone work great for itch relief. Aloe vera unscented is very soothing.

Hugs to you~
    Betsy
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    No more chemo, what a great
    No more chemo, what a great way to start the New Year! Now take the time to recover, heal, and build your strength back up.

Happy New Year!

Linda
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

No more chemo, what a great
    No more chemo, what a great way to start the New Year! Now take the time to recover, heal, and build your strength back up.

Happy New Year!

Linda

Congradulations!
    Hang in there sweetie!
    I'm sure your tired and want that port out of your neck, I know I would!
    Why do they have to keep it in there for a year?
    I never had one, I chose not too, and my veins were good.
    Your one step closer to getting on with the new normal in your life.
    Hugs Karie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    weazer said:

Congradulations!
    Hang in there sweetie!
    I'm sure your tired and want that port out of your neck, I know I would!
    Why do they have to keep it in there for a year?
    I never had one, I chose not too, and my veins were good.
    Your one step closer to getting on with the new normal in your life.
    Hugs Karie

So glad you are done with
    So glad you are done with the chemo. YAY Another step done. Good news indeed.
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    congratulations
    I did chemo first and am awaiting my surgery next week...Sorry about your port giving you a bad time...they are taking mine out when I get my lumpectomy so I am looking forward to not sleeping with something pusing into my chest all the time...
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Woo hoooo!!!!
    Yay for no more chemo! Sorry the port is bugging you. Hang in there. Happy New Year. xoxo Jean
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Happy for you...feel better

Happy for you...feel better
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Congrats and Yeah!!!
    Congrats and Yeah!!! for finishing chemo. What a wonderful feeling to know that is done with. Good luck and Happy New Year. Rads are not near as hard as chemo....just the daily visits. I know the port can be annoying...mine is still in even though I finished chemo and rads........will get it removed in the spring I hope. Hang in there........and celebrate! Hugs
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    cavediver said:

Congrats and Yeah!!!
    Congrats and Yeah!!! for finishing chemo. What a wonderful feeling to know that is done with. Good luck and Happy New Year. Rads are not near as hard as chemo....just the daily visits. I know the port can be annoying...mine is still in even though I finished chemo and rads........will get it removed in the spring I hope. Hang in there........and celebrate! Hugs

Congrats on finishing chemo.
    Congrats on finishing chemo. What a wonderful way to start off the new year.
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    beetle25 said:

Congrats on finishing chemo.
    Congrats on finishing chemo. What a wonderful way to start off the new year.

congrats
    What a way to start the new year-no more chemo. Just starting my journey--lupmectomy next Tuesday, then radiation. Just found out I'm Hormone receptive negative and have a possiblity of chemo....very frightening. It helps to read the board and hear everyones story. Wish me luck!!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    pbrndm5 said:

congrats
    What a way to start the new year-no more chemo. Just starting my journey--lupmectomy next Tuesday, then radiation. Just found out I'm Hormone receptive negative and have a possiblity of chemo....very frightening. It helps to read the board and hear everyones story. Wish me luck!!

Yea for no more chemo!!
    So glad you are through with chemo, that is a big step. Sorry you are having problems and pain with the port. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • jbuff
    jbuff Member Posts: 27

Yea for no more chemo!!
    So glad you are through with chemo, that is a big step. Sorry you are having problems and pain with the port. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Yipeee, I say...
    so glad for you but sorry you are having a bad time with that port. I finished my four A/C cocktails and have five more Taxols to go...if all goes right I will finish the week of my 55th B-day!!! I'll still have the port too...will be taking Herceptin until about Nov 2011. Good luck to you and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!
  • Sissybug
    Sissybug Member Posts: 10
    jbuff said:

Yipeee, I say...
    so glad for you but sorry you are having a bad time with that port. I finished my four A/C cocktails and have five more Taxols to go...if all goes right I will finish the week of my 55th B-day!!! I'll still have the port too...will be taking Herceptin until about Nov 2011. Good luck to you and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!

Congratulations!!!!!
    Hey Cutie, I just finished my Chemo on the December 31 (Friday) also, it's a great feeling, considering I tried to quit many times and no one would let me. You did mention the pain in your neck and the port,I also have the port in my chest area and I have so much pain in my neck that I thought it was the result of the Radiation treatments, my doctor says it's arthiritis and my thought now is that it's caused from the port. I have had this port for a year and three months now and the doctor says that I need to keep it for at least another year, that means that I will have to go back to have it flushed out ever so often. I'm wishing every thing go's well with you and the Radiation, buy some Aloa Vera to rub on after each treatment, the worst part is over now and the Herceptin will not make you sick.

Hugs
    Dot
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Yea for no more chemo!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Congrats! You have
    Congrats! You have accomplished a HUGE milestone!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Yea for no more chemo!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Really big congrats to you!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    pbrndm5 said:

congrats

I'm late in seeing this,
    I'm late in seeing this, but, I am so happy for you.

Hugs, Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cavediver said:

Congrats and Yeah!!!

I missed this post.
    I missed this post. Celebrate this great news!

Hugs, Diane