Smbly53 and I met in cold, snowy upstate NY

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I got to meet Sue on Christmas Eve in upstate NY where I was for the holiday visiting my mom. She is the sweetest girl--I feel like I've known her for years. We had lunch and a glass of wine at an Italian restaurant. She showed up with a wonderful basket full of goodies for me. We're planning on meeting again when I go back up there in the spring. I love this site--so many wonderful friendships are developing.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Great
    I am sure it was amazing experience - congratulations to both of you
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Great
    I am sure it was amazing experience - congratulations to both of you

So cool
    I agree with you about this site and the meaningful relationships. It's such a lovely counter balance to the reason we've all met, isn't it?

xoxo
    Victoria
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sounds great...
    I live in NYS...did you get hit where you were with big storm...yikes.....
  • missrenee

sounds great...

No storm for us
    I was in Upstate NY (Utica) so we had several days of flurries and cold temps. but the blizzard stayed downstate--NY, Newark and then up to New England. We were so happy we did not fly out of Newark this time--sometimes we do. If so, we'd still be stuck there probably!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    missrenee said:

No storm for us
    I was in Upstate NY (Utica) so we had several days of flurries and cold temps. but the blizzard stayed downstate--NY, Newark and then up to New England. We were so happy we did not fly out of Newark this time--sometimes we do. If so, we'd still be stuck there probably!

I just love to hear when
    I just love to hear when gals here have met one another. Sounds like you and Sue had a great visit. Here's to many more of us meeting each other.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    so happy that you & Sue were able to have lunch and a glass of wine together. How nice of her with the basket of goodies!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Renee,
    Glad you had a good trip and that you are home safe and sound. I'm also glad to hear that you and Sue had a wonderful meeting and were able to enjoy a glass of wine together. Did you take pictures? Hugs, Jean
  • missrenee
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Renee,
    Glad you had a good trip and that you are home safe and sound. I'm also glad to hear that you and Sue had a wonderful meeting and were able to enjoy a glass of wine together. Did you take pictures? Hugs, Jean

Yes, we do have a couple of pictures
    However, being technically challenged, I have to wait for my hubby to put them on the computer so that I can post them here. Hoping to do that soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

Yes, we do have a couple of pictures
    However, being technically challenged, I have to wait for my hubby to put them on the computer so that I can post them here. Hoping to do that soon.

Hugs, Renee

like a blast! Surreal to meet in person, right? Despite the weather, I am so happy that you two had time to share wine, dinner, laughs and tears.

Vicki Sam
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    And, Oh! What fun we had!
    Missrenee is a sweetheart. Did you know she makes jewelry? I have a beautiful bracelet to prove it. I feel like I've known her for years. It seems like our paths must have crossed before, but I am so glad that we know each other now.

Renee's husband took pictures, thankfully, because after all the care I took - bring the camera, new batteries, new sd card - I must have pushed some button that put it into record mode. I am so challenged.

We hope to meet again in warmer weather, maybe for wine coolers!

Big hugs back atcha,

Sue
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    sbmly53 said:

And, Oh! What fun we had!
    Missrenee is a sweetheart. Did you know she makes jewelry? I have a beautiful bracelet to prove it. I feel like I've known her for years. It seems like our paths must have crossed before, but I am so glad that we know each other now.

Renee's husband took pictures, thankfully, because after all the care I took - bring the camera, new batteries, new sd card - I must have pushed some button that put it into record mode. I am so challenged.

We hope to meet again in warmer weather, maybe for wine coolers!

Big hugs back atcha,

Sue

Am so very happy...
    ... for both of you! So far, I've met - in person - two friends/pink sisters from here on the board. It is truly a wonderful experience!

Kind regards, Susan
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548

sounds great...

Brooklyn
    I was there in the blizzard! Aside from obvious inconveniences....I went out and played in the snow like a little kid. We went to Central Park and had friendly snowball fights, climbed the rocks and slid down one of them!!! We watched the ice skaters...."trudged" through snow, etc.
    It was the best trip of my life. But the very best part.. I was with both daughters! We giggled and laughed most of the time. It was great to just feel like a "regular" person for a day, and forget the whole BC stuff.