Now I have shingles

clamryn
clamryn Member Posts: 508
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi all, I have been having chest pains for the last 4 days. I thought I better get it checked out before I have to start my treatments up again. I was suppose to start the Avastin on Wednesday. The doctor told me to come in today and when I was getting ready to go, I see this rash on my boob and on my back. And I thought to myself.... no, it can't be. Sure enough that is what it is. The doctor said, Well that explains your chest pains. You have shingles. Now I have to take care of this before I start my treatment up again.

Oh Whoa is me.... does this ever stop?????

Linda

Comments

• zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Sorry, dear Linda! I hope
    Sorry, dear Linda! I hope you will feel better soon.(((HUG)) Zina.
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    I am sorry to hear this.
    I am sorry to hear this. This happened to my mother after she has surgery for bowel cancer. We were told it was the trauma of ths surgery that brought it on.
    I hope you soon feel better

Tina x
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    I am sorry to hear this.
    I am sorry to hear this. This happened to my mother after she has surgery for bowel cancer. We were told it was the trauma of ths surgery that brought it on.
    I hope you soon feel better

Tina x
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    ugh
    always something!
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    I had shingles
    when I was going through my first round of carbo/taxol after my surgery. It's very painful. Hope you feel better real soon!
    (((HUGS)))... and no, I don't think it stops :)
    Maria
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Mwee said:

I had shingles
    when I was going through my first round of carbo/taxol after my surgery. It's very painful. Hope you feel better real soon!
    (((HUGS)))... and no, I don't think it stops :)
    Maria

me too
    I got them also just before surgery
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Is it always something?
    Oh dear, shingles on top of everything else? How long does the doctor say it will take before it goes away?
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    My doctor recommended that I
    My doctor recommended that I get the Shingles vaccine. It can be given whether you have had Shingles or not. I had a very mild case several years ago. Our insurance would not cover it, so we went to a satellite county clinic and paid $20.00 each. The doctor's office charges way more.

Carlene