Advair & Albuterol, Nexium & one Baby aspirin and a preNatal vitamin

2Floridiansisters
2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Can I take all of these while on Tamoxifen? I went at a site that listed the 2 asthma meds but I am confused, it says they might interact with the Tamoxifen but only if I have a heart condition.......................or something like that.

I am not pregnant (51 years old) LOL but I take the preNatal vitamins anyway for the extra minerals and such.

It's been 4 months since my last chemo and my hair is coming in nicely, however I do see one strange difference, it's growing in a weird direction, almost like the Justin Beiber look, from the back it's looking like it's heading forward. LOL weird...............but at least I have hair.

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    I take low dose asprin
    Why oh why do we have so many things to figure out?!?! I am not sure about the meds or vitamins but my Onc. suggested that I take 1 low dose (81mg) asprin every other day and I am on Tamoxifen. I had to laugh about the hair because mine did the exact same thing! When it first started growing good it was growing pretty crazy looking. It has gotten a little longer now and is so curly, it is growing pretty much 1 direction now though. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Talk to those who know you
    Talk to those who know you and your current situtation - your Drs.

Hair tath is very short may seem to grow in a differenct direction than when it is longer (thus with weight) and we have 'trained' it to go in certain directions.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Rague said:

Talk to those who know you
    Talk to those who know you and your current situtation - your Drs.

Hair tath is very short may seem to grow in a differenct direction than when it is longer (thus with weight) and we have 'trained' it to go in certain directions.

Thanks for your replys
    When my oncologist prescribed the Tamoxifen he never said anything to me about my 2 asthma medications and it was in my file that I use them, I just wonder if he somehow overlooked that information. I don't have any heart issues, but I don't see him until the 3rd week of January. I will tell him I read this on the internet and see what he says. I need my asthma meds everyday.

God bless you ladies in the new year!
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    one thing i have learned is
    one thing i have learned is NEVER to assume doctors read ALL chart. i knew that years ago regarding an mri, but i thought surely, having cancer the oncologists would. no. i showed up to see both my hematology and radiation oncologists and neither was aware that i had a scheduled mastectomy! that being said, i think you should tell every doctor that presribed each medicine all the drugs you are currently taking, wether they be everyday or occasional. although the survivors have a WEALTH of information here, i think drug interactions is serious enough that it warrants direction from ALL the prescribing physicians. i too, am on a number of drugs and i informed each doctor when i start a new med and make sure i have a release of information on file so that they can all communicate regarding my treatment.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

one thing i have learned is
    one thing i have learned is NEVER to assume doctors read ALL chart. i knew that years ago regarding an mri, but i thought surely, having cancer the oncologists would. no. i showed up to see both my hematology and radiation oncologists and neither was aware that i had a scheduled mastectomy! that being said, i think you should tell every doctor that presribed each medicine all the drugs you are currently taking, wether they be everyday or occasional. although the survivors have a WEALTH of information here, i think drug interactions is serious enough that it warrants direction from ALL the prescribing physicians. i too, am on a number of drugs and i informed each doctor when i start a new med and make sure i have a release of information on file so that they can all communicate regarding my treatment.

If I have a question I call
    If I have a question I call the pharmacist, I figure its their b usiness and they know more than the docs.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

If I have a question I call
    If I have a question I call the pharmacist, I figure its their b usiness and they know more than the docs.

Pharmacy
    Ask pharmacist to check interactions. They do have a computer system. They will tell you. If they five you red flags, talk to your doctors.
    good luck
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Pharmacy
    Ask pharmacist to check interactions. They do have a computer system. They will tell you. If they five you red flags, talk to your doctors.
    good luck

I'm on Femara, not Tamoxifen
    I'm on Femara, not Tamoxifen as you are. But I do take the same asthma inhalers, plus low dose aspirin, high blood meds. I also have 2 blocked arteries and I have diabetes, on insulin. Every time I go to the drs, I remind them of all my meds, and they usually read off all my meds before that. I always ask if there is any interaction, and I also ask my pharmacist this too. I don't assume my docs always remember so I bring it up to them just in case. Doesn't hurt and might help.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Sunrae said:

I'm on Femara, not Tamoxifen
    I'm on Femara, not Tamoxifen as you are. But I do take the same asthma inhalers, plus low dose aspirin, high blood meds. I also have 2 blocked arteries and I have diabetes, on insulin. Every time I go to the drs, I remind them of all my meds, and they usually read off all my meds before that. I always ask if there is any interaction, and I also ask my pharmacist this too. I don't assume my docs always remember so I bring it up to them just in case. Doesn't hurt and might help.

yes and i always remind them
    yes and i always remind them of any over the counter meds I am on as they may not have this in their file.