going home

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I believe I am going home today. I've been a bit silent still, but recovery is taking a bit out of me. I'll get there.
Next day after surgery I had heart problems, not sure what they were, I was kind of out of it, they did an EKG, compared it to original EKG and about all I could get out of it was there were abnormalities and they were keeping an eye on it. I'll have to ask more in depth later. Also, almost went the pneumonia route which is now cleared up, and then find out I have "diminished" breathing, which I'll have to find out more about as well. The respiratory treatments they've given me every four hours has helped alot.
I should be heading home in a few hours.
Thinking of you all, and grateful that you are also my family.
Winter Marie

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update
    Thanks for the update and for letting us know you are coming home. You will heal so much faster there. Glad that your breathing issues are better and agree that you need to find out more about that. Lung issues can be a problem after surgeries, guess that is why they give you that thing to blow into. Take care of yourself first and don't worry about us, but if you get a chance or feel up to it let us know how you are feeling.

Hugs! Kim
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Update
    Thanks for the update and for letting us know you are coming home. You will heal so much faster there. Glad that your breathing issues are better and agree that you need to find out more about that. Lung issues can be a problem after surgeries, guess that is why they give you that thing to blow into. Take care of yourself first and don't worry about us, but if you get a chance or feel up to it let us know how you are feeling.

Hugs! Kim

Winter Marie
    wow you are coming home.....that is so good girl....well done.....you did it!!!!!

honestly I hope you will feel better at home.....please try to let us know how you are doing

many hugs.....mags
  • jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    Glad you are Heading Home!
    Wow! Great News! Glad that you are heading home! Take the time you need to relax and get better! Let others take care of you for a change!

Take Care,

Barb
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    Take care
    Hi Winter Marie,
    It's really a good news. Wish you recover soon!
    Dora
    p.s. In our culture, drink fish soup (fish, potato, tomato, carrot, ginger - boil for 1 hour) helps the healing after surgery.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    luvmum said:

Take care
    Hi Winter Marie,
    It's really a good news. Wish you recover soon!
    Dora
    p.s. In our culture, drink fish soup (fish, potato, tomato, carrot, ginger - boil for 1 hour) helps the healing after surgery.

happy, happy joy, joy!!!
    So glad you get to go home!!!

Angela
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    mukamom said:

happy, happy joy, joy!!!
    So glad you get to go home!!!

Angela

Woo Hoo! So glad to hear
    Woo Hoo! So glad to hear you are gong home, nothing beats being in your own house to recoup!!! Take your recovery slow and easy!!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't rush
    Sounds like you have had a few 'unexpecteds' pop up, but am glad the surgery is over and you are on the mend enough to get home.

Hope you are able to get the info you need on the heart and breathing issues before you leave the hospital.

Take care and take it easy at home.

Hugs,

the other Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I can't believe you are going home so soon!
    Winter Marie,

It is hard to believe you are going home already! You must be doing very well overall. I am sorry for the issues that have popped up. I hope you are home now, nice + cosy!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    AnneCan said:

I can't believe you are going home so soon!
    Winter Marie,

It is hard to believe you are going home already! You must be doing very well overall. I am sorry for the issues that have popped up. I hope you are home now, nice + cosy!

Congratulations Winter Marie, that's great
    fast recovery! There is not better place than home sweet home!.
    Hugs!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so happy that you are
    I am so happy that you are home! I will praying that you have a swift recovery.
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Great News
    Going home is always a blessing and I know for me I recovered allot quicker in my own bed. Those breathing treatments are nice especially when the therapist gave me a little message which was a bonus. A least you will be home with family for the new year...

Bobby in Dallas
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Home sweet home
    Hope you are home and settled in now. So happy for you and like everyone has said, you will feel better just mentally being at home. UNLESS you have a ton of cleaning, laundry and picking up to do. lol, just kidding.

I am thinking of you and will say prayers for a speedy and uneventtul recovery Winter Marie. Many hugs, Joyce
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Woo Hoo Winter Marie
    It will be good to get home so you can get some real rest. sorry about those other pesky things going on but, going home is good for everything. I hope you have some breathing treatments going home with you. Luff ya!
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah!!! You are out of there!
    Winter Marie,

So glad you are doing well and going home. You will rest much more comfortably now. Take it easy and make everyone wait on you for a change. You certainly deserve it!!!

Big hugs,

Sara
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    now you can go home and get some rest
    Hi,

Thanks for the update- very glad to hear you're going home today. It's so impossible to rest well in the hospital, so hopefully you can go home and get some needed rest to continue to heal and get well. Hopefully you have someone who will be carefully watching over you for any red flags for any issues. Hopefully, there will be none and all will be well. What a rough week and Christmas for you-

Many hugs to you and I'm praying for you-
    Lisa
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Welcome home!
    Hi, Winter Marie!

I'm so glad you're going to be at home now. So much better than the "Big House." I hope you'll be able to get some good answers about the heart and breathing issues.

Take it easy and let us know how you are.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • OGammy01
    OGammy01 Member Posts: 67
    Home
    I do hope you are home and all warm and cozy in your own bed. Now you can recover more quickly. Please take it easy and get well.

We love you,

Diane
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    OGammy01 said:

Home
    I do hope you are home and all warm and cozy in your own bed. Now you can recover more quickly. Please take it easy and get well.

We love you,

Diane

Soooooooooooo very happy
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy for you winter marie that everything is going the way it is .you get all the rest you need to get better we will be here waiting for you lots of hugs tina
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Soooooooooooo very happy
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy for you winter marie that everything is going the way it is .you get all the rest you need to get better we will be here waiting for you lots of hugs tina

Hey Dizz!!!
    So good to hear from you and soooooooo great you are going home. Get LOTS of rest and get good....sure do miss ya!!

Jennie
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352

Hey Dizz!!!
    So good to hear from you and soooooooo great you are going home. Get LOTS of rest and get good....sure do miss ya!!

Jennie

Welcome Home Marie,
    I'm sure

Welcome Home Marie,
    I'm sure your own bed is a lot more comfortable. I'll keep praying for a speedy recovery.
    Tom