New Discoveries

JohnBinDC
JohnBinDC Member Posts: 91 Member
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Friends,

The amount of useful information available on the internet is simply amazing. Since being diagnosed with cancer, I have become somewhat of an internet sleuth, always sniffing out the best information available regarding the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. Let me tell you that the latest discovery I have unearthed is astounding! I was particularly interested in this because the science was attributed to Johns Hopkins, where I am going for an evaluation soon. This information belongs within the realm of secret cures and I understand it was being protected by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (known as DARPA) until being disclosed by a Mr. Lloyd Winburn, an obvious cover name used by none other than Julian Assange. Are you ready for this amazing revelation? Here it is, and I quote from the byline “CANCER IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH”. I am not making this up! If you want to see for yourself, simply follow this link:

http://lloydrwinburn.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-study-on-cancer-from-johns-hopkins.html

After reading this amazing discovery, I once again became so grateful to Al Gore for inventing the internet, thereby allowing us mere mortals to access these previously unknown discoveries. I hear this revelation may garner Mr. Gore a Nobel Prize for Medicine, as his invention of the internet resulted in the medical breakthrough to be shared with the common people.

If you read the entire article (and why would you not when the byline attests to its credibility) you will see that plastic also causes cancer. A little detective work shows how the plastic industry is trying to fool us on this. For example, plastic bags from dry cleaners state you should not let children play with them and should not put them over your own head. The stated reason for these warnings is the risk of suffocation, but the real reason is that plastic causes cancer! I have had a bad cough and cold over the past week and my plan was to wrap my face in Saran Wrap at bedtime, so I would not breathe in any damaging particles. Thankfully, I read this article because I don’t want to get another dose of cancer from the Saran Wrap, so I scrapped my plan and am looking for an alternate that does not cause cancer, which is getting harder to find. (Thanks again to Al Gore)

Another discovery I read about is the use of therapy dogs for cancer patients. Now, I don’t know about you, but lying on a couch and explaining my childhood to a Golden Retriever just doesn’t seem like it would be of much benefit. I told my doctor this, and he said I was thinking of the wrong type of therapy. I think I get it now; If you are scheduled for a PET scan and do not own a pet they will loan you one of these therapy dogs to be scanned. I am not sure what they do for CAT scans, as I am not aware of any therapy cat program.

I wish you all a great Holiday season. As I make more discoveries, I’ll be sure to share them with you, even though it may lead to me being imprisoned in a mansion, sipping champagne with my Wiki Leaks counterpart.

Best wishes always

John

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    A ha ha ha!
    I needed this! You have a mega-talent!

Deb
  • lillya
    lillya Member Posts: 10
    Tongue in cheek
    You really are a tongue-in-cheek kind of guy. It sounds like you are trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense. I was like that too when I first found out I had cancer. Later in the process, I had a very wise older nurse tell me I have probably had cancer for many many years; all the while I was thinking how lucky and grateful I was to be so athletic and healthy and doing all the right things to keep it that way. Recently I read somewhere that during our lives we all kill millions of cancer cells unless our immune systems become injured. When a clinician is able to diagnose a cancer of the lung by chest xray, breast cancer by mammogram, or colon cancer by colonoscopy etc. it has already been in the body for 6 to 8 years and has had ample time to spread to other parts of the body. So now I think that I will always have to fight back my cancer - but with the strongest immune system I can muster with the time that I have left on this planet.

Be well - Lillya
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220

A ha ha ha!
    I needed this! You have a mega-talent!

Deb

Right on
    John i look forward to seeing you on the Tonight Show one of these nights. Great stuff you sure made my night...... Dan
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    lillya said:

Tongue in cheek
    You really are a tongue-in-cheek kind of guy. It sounds like you are trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense. I was like that too when I first found out I had cancer. Later in the process, I had a very wise older nurse tell me I have probably had cancer for many many years; all the while I was thinking how lucky and grateful I was to be so athletic and healthy and doing all the right things to keep it that way. Recently I read somewhere that during our lives we all kill millions of cancer cells unless our immune systems become injured. When a clinician is able to diagnose a cancer of the lung by chest xray, breast cancer by mammogram, or colon cancer by colonoscopy etc. it has already been in the body for 6 to 8 years and has had ample time to spread to other parts of the body. So now I think that I will always have to fight back my cancer - but with the strongest immune system I can muster with the time that I have left on this planet.

Be well - Lillya

doubling time
    I did the math with my wifes tumor... looked at the doubling period of adenocarcinoma.... there's quite a range. On the fast end she's had it for a few years, but even on the average doubling rate, its been most of our ten year olds ( and eleven yr old) life. And already had it when carrying our seven and five year old.

Id spend more time responding to the original comment, but I'm afraid the rays from the screen, and the plastic keyboard could be throwing off multiple carcinogens.
  • JohnBinDC
    lillya said:

Tongue in cheek

Be well - Lillya

Not Really
    Thanks for your comments, but I am not really trying to make sense of anything. I am only trying to inject a bit of humor and wish you a lot of happiness. I am grateful to you for letting me know that I have already survived cancer for 6-8 years and didn't even know it! That is reassuring and I expect to be around for a lot more.

Best wishes

John
  • karenbeth
    karenbeth Member Posts: 194
    JohnBinDC said:

Not Really
    Thanks for your comments, but I am not really trying to make sense of anything. I am only trying to inject a bit of humor and wish you a lot of happiness. I am grateful to you for letting me know that I have already survived cancer for 6-8 years and didn't even know it! That is reassuring and I expect to be around for a lot more.

Best wishes

John

thanks
    ...you made me laugh this morning. I needed that.

Karen
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    John, you would be suprised...
    by the sound a cat can make after they make them drink a gallon of glop...
    ;)
    Medi
  • lillya
    lillya Member Posts: 10
    Empowering
    This morning (22 Dec 10) I listened to a very important radio conversation on my computer called The Power Hour with Joyce Riley. It will be easier to find todays discussion going through gcnlive . com

This very empowering 2nd and 3rd hour discussion concerned cancer and treatment.

If you take the time to find it, listen and it speaks to you = wonderful!

I would go into more detail on here, but there was too much good news and you need to hear it from them.

Be well - Lillya
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    lillya said:

Empowering
    This morning (22 Dec 10) I listened to a very important radio conversation on my computer called The Power Hour with Joyce Riley. It will be easier to find todays discussion going through gcnlive . com

This very empowering 2nd and 3rd hour discussion concerned cancer and treatment.

I would go into more detail on here, but there was too much good news and you need to hear it from them.

Be well - Lillya

it doesnt help without the
    it doesnt help without the detail, dont think many will be comforted if its a secret
  • groundhog
    groundhog Member Posts: 44
    medi_2 said:

John, you would be suprised...
    by the sound a cat can make after they make them drink a gallon of glop...
    ;)
    Medi

glop
    I made the same sounds. You mean that glop you drink before the cat scan that they try to tell you is "instant breakfast"?

gh
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    lillya said:

Empowering

Be well - Lillya

Is this that "nutriceuticals" thing?
    I can't really figure out what you are referring to...

*edited 12/23 - somehow I think I saw this coming, though.
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    groundhog said:

glop
    I made the same sounds. You mean that glop you drink before the cat scan that they try to tell you is "instant breakfast"?

gh

yes how dare they.
    And they follow that up with: "just drink the whole thing Honey" yuk!
    Medi
  • groundhog
    groundhog Member Posts: 44
    medi_2 said:

yes how dare they.
    And they follow that up with: "just drink the whole thing Honey" yuk!
    Medi

glop
    Next time, before I drink it, I will ask to see their Material Safety Data Sheets. That should make them squirm.

gh
  • nanaof7
    nanaof7 Member Posts: 127

Is this that "nutriceuticals" thing?
    I can't really figure out what you are referring to...

*edited 12/23 - somehow I think I saw this coming, though.

loved the story
    gave me a good laugh and I couldn't stop reading thank you for starting my day with a smile
  • debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member Posts: 167
    Saran wrap
    HEy John, I haven't been on this thread in a while cause I've been hanging out on the Head/Neck one. But popped over here and saw this post from you...knew it would give me a smile.

I just wanted to say that you should go ahead and try your saran wrap treatment for your cold...just make sure you stand on your head and meditate while you are wrapped and you should avoid any further cancer. :-)
    Debbie
  • JohnBinDC
    debbieg5 said:

Saran wrap
    HEy John, I haven't been on this thread in a while cause I've been hanging out on the Head/Neck one. But popped over here and saw this post from you...knew it would give me a smile.

I just wanted to say that you should go ahead and try your saran wrap treatment for your cold...just make sure you stand on your head and meditate while you are wrapped and you should avoid any further cancer. :-)
    Debbie

Hi Debbie
    Glad you stopped by and passed on the tip for proper Saran Wrap use! Hope your New Year started out great!

John