East coast storm

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's a big one and nasty, too! Be careful, my sisters, stay indoors if you can. Snuggle up with a pet, a good book & a cup of tea. I'm on the fringe - only 4" to 8" predicted with wind gusts.

Hopefully, those of you travelling won't be affected.

Sue

Comments

• HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    Snow? foreign to me, native
    Snow? foreign to me, native of S Calif beach town since 1956. I saw snow once i think, on a postcard from my mother when she went to Toronto Canada in 1965. i hear its white, wet, cold, and you can throw it like a baseball. Can you send me some by UPS?
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    4" - 8" - that's just a
    4" - 8" - that's just a minor amount for us! Would much rather have had snow than the ice storm we had Wed night and the ice fog we had til today. I have a pantry with plenty for us to eat, have a kerosene heater and lamps in case we loose power (have in the past for days), all vehicles are 4X4's, we're ready for what ever hits us.

Seriously prayers to all who are where snow is not 'normal' BE CAREFUL and stay Safe!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Rague said:

4" - 8" - that's just a
    4" - 8" - that's just a minor amount for us! Would much rather have had snow than the ice storm we had Wed night and the ice fog we had til today. I have a pantry with plenty for us to eat, have a kerosene heater and lamps in case we loose power (have in the past for days), all vehicles are 4X4's, we're ready for what ever hits us.

Seriously prayers to all who are where snow is not 'normal' BE CAREFUL and stay Safe!

I am hoping that all those
    I am hoping that all those that are experiencing either unexpected weather or just nasty weather stay in and stay warm. It has been quite a time for bad weather, cold, wet and freezing. My little bit of a rainstorm is nothing to what some of you have been going through. Stay safe everyone.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Rague said:

4" - 8" - that's just a

THINKING ...of all you Sisters .. hoping and
    praying that you and your loved ones remain safe and far from harms way!

Vicki Sam
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Stay safe
    As a California gal I only get the snow when I drive to it to ski and even then I am freezing! Hope all you who are in the path of this storm are doing well, chime in if possible so we know you are okay. Keep those fires burning, bundle up and keep the flash lights and candles at the ready.

Hugs,

RE
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    RE said:

Stay safe
    As a California gal I only get the snow when I drive to it to ski and even then I am freezing! Hope all you who are in the path of this storm are doing well, chime in if possible so we know you are okay. Keep those fires burning, bundle up and keep the flash lights and candles at the ready.

Hugs,

RE

Woke up to no power.
    Stayed in yesterday and staying home from work today. Power is back on so I'm happy. I'll read eat leftovers and sleep. My favorite kind of day! Let it snow...

Roseann
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Anyone get hit bad?
    I live in NYS-half way between Albany and NYC...anyone else in my area?

BOY did we get a lot of white stuff..
  • disneyfan2008
    fauxma said:

I am hoping that all those
    I am hoping that all those that are experiencing either unexpected weather or just nasty weather stay in and stay warm. It has been quite a time for bad weather, cold, wet and freezing. My little bit of a rainstorm is nothing to what some of you have been going through. Stay safe everyone.
    Stef

we I got extra day off due to snow
    I got a call this am about my work being closed STILL TOMORROW...I was surprised they decided today for tomorrrow..but nice to have another day off..
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Anyone get hit bad?

WE got 8 inches or so, but
    WE got 8 inches or so, but its all good. Our snow was very heavy, moisture packed. I drove from Boston in it , and it was fine until I got closer to home. Did not lose power yay, so all in all ok.
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    carkris said:

WE got 8 inches or so, but
    WE got 8 inches or so, but its all good. Our snow was very heavy, moisture packed. I drove from Boston in it , and it was fine until I got closer to home. Did not lose power yay, so all in all ok.

We got over a12 inches in Connecticut on the coast!
    It could be more the wind is blowing it all over. Woke up to no power it is still out. Went to my Daughter's house she is close by she has power. Every one be careful out there.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522

Anyone get hit bad?

Disneyfan,
    In NY - near Oneonta. An hour or so to Albany, Syracuse, Utica. 3.5 to the Big Apple.

Sue
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Disneyfan,
    In NY - near Oneonta. An hour or so to Albany, Syracuse, Utica. 3.5 to the Big Apple.

Sue

4 to 5 inchs here in south
    4 to 5 inchs here in south carolina just enjoying it, my brohter lives in Englewood N.J. they have it rough,Got the book Anti cancer a new way of life by:David Servan-Schreiber,MD for Christmas can't put it down.everybody be safe and enjoy.MollyZ
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    mollyz said:

4 to 5 inchs here in south
    4 to 5 inchs here in south carolina just enjoying it, my brohter lives in Englewood N.J. they have it rough,Got the book Anti cancer a new way of life by:David Servan-Schreiber,MD for Christmas can't put it down.everybody be safe and enjoy.MollyZ

Please stay safe
    Thinking of you all and hoping you have been warm and safe.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

Please stay safe
    Thinking of you all and hoping you have been warm and safe.

Live in Colorado
    I WISH it would snow, it's Scarey....no snow....LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
    For eveyone caught up with all the snow stay warm read a good book and stay safe.
    Waiting for snow Karie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    weazer said:

Live in Colorado
    I WISH it would snow, it's Scarey....no snow....LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
    For eveyone caught up with all the snow stay warm read a good book and stay safe.
    Waiting for snow Karie

Central Maine
    We got 12-16 inches with wicked winds. Never lost power.
    Never got the day off from work--work from home--LOL.
    I did drive in the storm three times that day--twice to have a bone scan--which turned out to be broken ribs from the bronchitis that I had at the beginning of November from coughing and once to go pick Jake up from my mother's. I drove slow and careful. Others didn't and they were in the snowbanks.

Going to be in the 40's New Years Day here.

Margo
  • disneyfan2008
    NY
    Anyone in NYS? I am not in the city but we still got hit hard...

soon as I say NYS many think NYC!

stay warm for those in cold areas..burrrrr
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

Central Maine
    We got 12-16 inches with wicked winds. Never lost power.
    Never got the day off from work--work from home--LOL.
    I did drive in the storm three times that day--twice to have a bone scan--which turned out to be broken ribs from the bronchitis that I had at the beginning of November from coughing and once to go pick Jake up from my mother's. I drove slow and careful. Others didn't and they were in the snowbanks.

Going to be in the 40's New Years Day here.

Margo

Take Care and Sending You All Warm Wishes and Sunshine
    East Coast sisters, hoping you all are safe and warm, with the power on everywhere. Forty degrees sounds like a good way to start the New Year.

Margo! So glad you got those trips done safely with no more damage to your ribs. The best news that your petscan is clear, "just" broken ribs. But broken ribs are very painful. I hope you have good pain meds; I am sure your little man is taking good care of his mom. (And, not to nag, but Margo, please stay off snow-covered roofs for awhile, ok?)
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Moopy23 said:

Take Care and Sending You All Warm Wishes and Sunshine
    East Coast sisters, hoping you all are safe and warm, with the power on everywhere. Forty degrees sounds like a good way to start the New Year.

Margo! So glad you got those trips done safely with no more damage to your ribs. The best news that your petscan is clear, "just" broken ribs. But broken ribs are very painful. I hope you have good pain meds; I am sure your little man is taking good care of his mom. (And, not to nag, but Margo, please stay off snow-covered roofs for awhile, ok?)

Moopy
    Moopy,
    No roofs for me this winter--I promise. No pain meds for me--Maine women are touch as the women and men on this site--the only time the ribs hurt is when I sneeze so I try not to sneeze.

Jake is taking good care of his mom--keeping me busy--but also helping me out doing things around the house.

We could have Reggie and Joe on the roof and you, Claudia and I could be in the house all toasty warm--LOL.

Best of luck today.
    Hugs,
    Margo