Bra

Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I bought my first Bra since my mastectomy (ins. pd.). Wow, this thing is heavy! She said to remove the inserts every night and put them back into the forms to keep their shape nicely. Taking them out of the bra pockets every night is a real pain. Can't i just lay the bra down? What do all of you ladies do? I don't want to damage them. They look real good, fuller than I was.
Thanks,
Annette

Comments

• Bubbles home
    I agree, it's a struggle inserting and retrieving 'Bubbles' from the cup. I was afraid of tearing or stretching the net panel. I leave my prosthesis in the pocket and place the entire cup back in the form after use. I wash the brassiere by hand once a week, and when I'm off I just wear a sports bra and oversized sweatshirts to keep my real girl in place.

Bubbles doesn't droop quite like I do, so I don't wear sweaters like I once did. Lucky you, looking good and fuller!

Maybe if you put the forms side by side and rest the brassiere in them (nipples down) you can avoid twice the struggle that I know I was dealing with....not to mention getting them back in place in the morning.

Best wishes.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I just keep it in the bra
    I just keep it in the bra and put it aside till morning. Haven't used the form since I got it. Seems to be holding up pretty good.
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member

I just keep it in the bra
    I just keep it in the bra and put it aside till morning. Haven't used the form since I got it. Seems to be holding up pretty good.

I have the foam prostisis
    I have the foam prostisis it's not as heavy but i leave mine in also at night im scared of tearing it also i don't have a form to put it in but i do love having another "girl" now. I'm not sure yet if im going to get reconstruction thats another question for later.MollyZ
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Guess I'm weird!
    From what I've read so far I must be really weird. Just as I put clean bottom undies on daily, I put on clean upper undies (read bra) daily. I will agree that it's a bit of a bother to put it in and take out but - - . I also wipe down my pros daily with the same shower gel I use and the rinse it off and towel dry.

My pros is a bit heavy feeling in the hand as it is weighted so that it comes close to what would be natural for the size. I can swim with it - do anything and basically I never think about it.

That's me!

Susan