Winter Marie Update

Crow71
Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey Folks,
I just spoke with Winter Marie. She's doing fine and wanted me to tell you that she's thinking about us and hoping that everyone is well.

The doctors got her pain under control. Her biggest issue now is her breathing. "I've lost my breath," she said. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is or what the doctors are doing, but I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about.

She sounded groggy and tired, and our connection wasn't great, but it sounded like she had been fussing at the doctors about the breathing issue. I took the attitude in her tone of voice to be a good thing. That's our Marie right?

I wished her Merry Christmas from us told her I was sure she'd get her breath back soon.

I'm not sure what her Christmas will be like. I know she was worried that she would be alone. So let's send her lots of good cheer in hopes that she can receive it.

Merry Christmas WInter Marie!! I'll be sending you lots of sparks from the old yule log tomorrow.

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    winter marie
    Hi Winter Marie.....sooo happy you came through all that surgery.....good girl!

just settle in there now darlin and start to heal

best love and Christmas hugs

maggie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    maglets said:

winter marie
    Hi Winter Marie.....sooo happy you came through all that surgery.....good girl!

just settle in there now darlin and start to heal

best love and Christmas hugs

maggie

Good news!
    Winter Marie,

It sounds like you are doing great! I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas + tell you that you are in my thoughts.

Thanks, Roger!
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    happy
    Oh hun I'm so happy things are going good for you .get some rest and get better hugs tina
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    MERRY CHRISTMAS Winter

MERRY CHRISTMAS Winter Marie!! Best wishes for a happy and HEALTHY New Year!! Love and Hugs, Cynthia and Rick
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS Winter

MERRY CHRISTMAS Winter Marie!! Best wishes for a happy and HEALTHY New Year!! Love and Hugs, Cynthia and Rick

Merry Christmas Winter Marie!
    Feliz Navidad!
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    pepebcn said:

Merry Christmas Winter Marie!
    Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas Winter
    Merry Christmas Winter Marie! Glad to hear you are getting better each and every day!

Hugs!
    Kathy
  • khl8 said:

Merry Christmas Winter
    Merry Christmas Winter Marie! Glad to hear you are getting better each and every day!

Hugs!
    Kathy

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update
    Thanks for the update and glad that everything went well. Hoping that her breathing gets easier for her. Wishing her a very Merry Christmas and hope she gets to come back home very soon.

Kim
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    Merry Christmas !
    Winter Marie, I hope your breath issue will be taken care of soon. You are on the way to get recovery from the surgery. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happier and Healthier New Year ! - Lucy
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Merry Christmas
    Rest easy and know that you are being thought of always!
  • La.Grammy
    La.Grammy Member Posts: 35
    winter marie
    Hey winter marie

You might not know this but you have lots of prayers going up for you!

J.
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    So glad all went well!
    Merry Christmas Winter Marie!!! I am so glad you are recovering and all went well. You did it!!!! I wish you much happiness and great health from this day forward.

Big hugs to you,

Sara
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thanks Roger
    Thanks for the update Roger. Winter Marie - I've been thinking about you. Saying my prayers that you heal well.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Thank You Roger
    Thank you for the updates./ I'm alive, LOL. Short of breath, and well, heck, these nurses have a bit to learn about nursing, but the heck with them. Takes them three days to get me up after promising everyday? I just got up myself and went to the bathroom and took a pooh or two (boy did that feel good).
    Too tired to write much more.
    Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers, I really do thank you very much for them and your good thoughts.
    Love to you all
    Winter Marie
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member

Thank You Roger
    Thank you for the updates./ I'm alive, LOL. Short of breath, and well, heck, these nurses have a bit to learn about nursing, but the heck with them. Takes them three days to get me up after promising everyday? I just got up myself and went to the bathroom and took a pooh or two (boy did that feel good).
    Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers, I really do thank you very much for them and your good thoughts.
    Love to you all
    Winter Marie

Im wishing the very best for
    Im wishing the very best for you Winter, glad your recovery is going well. I know you will continue to show your inspirational attitude and contagious sense of humor. hugs
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Thank You Roger
    Love to you all
    Winter Marie

Dear Marie
    So very glad to see you posting.

Tell the nurses your family here said to get on the stick and help you to get out of there as soon as possible.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Hugs and love,

the other Marie
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402

Dear Marie
    So very glad to see you posting.

Tell the nurses your family here said to get on the stick and help you to get out of there as soon as possible.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Hugs and love,

the other Marie

Holiday
    nursing staff usually is sadly lacking...been there. You end up having to pi** them off to get them to do anything or just do it yourself. So glad to see you back and recouperating. Have you got a release date yet??? Home recovery is soooo much better!!

Hugs,

Angela
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member

Thank You Roger
    Love to you all
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie
    Screw them (can I say that?) Just get your butt up and do it yourself. I find that's the usual way things work in hospitals especially when you're there during holidays.

I am hoping that your recovery continues to go well and that you are home and getting some real rest and recovery soon! Luff ya!!!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Lori-S said:

Winter Marie
    Screw them (can I say that?) Just get your butt up and do it yourself. I find that's the usual way things work in hospitals especially when you're there during holidays.

I am hoping that your recovery continues to go well and that you are home and getting some real rest and recovery soon! Luff ya!!!

Winter ,glad to hear you ! that's great!
    Hope you feel better every day and in a few has ,Home!.
    Hugs, lots of hugs!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Thank You Roger
    Love to you all
    Winter Marie

I'm sending big hugs....
    Take care of YOU, dearheart!!!!

Hugs, Kathi