My boss may be the best! A gift....

KathyLQ
KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was just surprised this morning, a box arrived.
I telecommute.. my client is out of state.
My 'boss', and the office, just sent me a Christmas gift.

It is a clear painted glass coffee cup... painted with pink ribbons, and inscribed with 'Survivor'.

My boss is the greatest. She has me and another woman in her charge with breast cancer... and she is entirely supportive!

.... if you have a great 'boss' story... post it here!

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I only wish I had good boss
    I only wish I had good boss stories to share...

Merry Christmas,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Kathy
    what a thoughtful gift from your boss! Treasure your mug.
    Char
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Kathy
    what a thoughtful gift from your boss! Treasure your mug.
    Char

I DO I DO I DO
    My boss has continued to pay me (2 years in February since I have actually worked) she pays me the maximum amount allowed with my disability ALSO she is my mortgage holder (she owns property and I purchased one of her houses) and she wont let me pay my mortgage until I am "better and back at work"

she is wonderful I am soooooo blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100

I DO I DO I DO
    My boss has continued to pay me (2 years in February since I have actually worked) she pays me the maximum amount allowed with my disability ALSO she is my mortgage holder (she owns property and I purchased one of her houses) and she wont let me pay my mortgage until I am "better and back at work"

Pink
    Now that is an amazing story. There are angels that walk among us!
  • KathyLQ said:

Pink
    Now that is an amazing story. There are angels that walk among us!

Such grace and character!
    Thank you for sharing these stories, they are truly encouraging. How blessed you are.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

I DO I DO I DO

count your lucky stars and boss
    I wish I could even come close to your story....MY boss told me at the start when I used the "C" word..do what you have to do...(taking off etc..) then when surgery was over and I started daily Radiation I was told just go and don't worry about it..(I am receptionist so my desk must be covered at all times) So after the 3rd or maybe 4th day I was called into the OFFICE and said from now on you must call in sick for treamtents!..I said i must go 8 wks..will wipe out all my time..when down and out...kick you a little bit lower..

at the time I think that was more upsetting then alot..and still to this day can't get over

so happy to hear your story...