Christmas angels & my wish for you all

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good Morning sisters :) I just wanted to share a few thoughts with you while I have a few quiet minutes - with both girls home for Christmas break, last minute shopping, wrapping, baking, etc, I dont know if I'll be back on much before Christmas! I first & foremost want to wish you ALL the Merriest of Christmases ever, and hope that it brings you all joy, love, and peace. This year I have been blessed and surrounded by angels - all of you included. I truly do NOT know how I would have coped & gotten through my breast cancer diagnosis, surgery, and treatment without all of your love, support, encouragement, and advice. Especially touching is the way you've embraced my mom, sent her cards & even ornaments -and given me lots of advice for her, after her own diagnosis with breast cancer. Mom's on her way to the cancer center this morning to get fluids & blood counts checkes & will find out if she's getting her last chemo treatment this week or next (she had a pretty bad reaction to the taxotere, terrible rash on hands & feet).
I am sitting here in my living room, with my beautiful tree all lit up, my oldest daughter sleeping on the couch next to me, so thankful that I'm here to enjoy Christmas with my family, so thankful that we were able to get the girls some of the things they really wanted - I'm really excited for Christmas morning, I can't WAIT to watch my girls open their presents. They deserve a great Christmas after the year we've all been through. I've been blessed this holiday season and had some extraordinary people -friends & family, sisters & strangers - do some pretty wonderful things for me & my family, and I just wanted to share that with you all. May you all be blessed (to steal lyrics from the Christmas carol) with comfort and joy, love, good health, positive energy, and peace. I love you all :)
*hugs*
Heather

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Feel the same way
    Hi Heather,

You said it so eloquently! Last Christmas was difficult (my last rad was on 12/23) and I feel so truly blessed to be able to provide the kind of Christmas that I couldn't last year.

So, Merry Christmas to all my sisters in pink. I'll be forever grateful for the love, support, advice and comfort as I walked my journey with you all.

Wishing us all a happy, healthy, peaceful 2011.

Love,

Patti
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    daughters home...how great
    Have a great time with them...I know you will...
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

daughters home...how great
    Have a great time with them...I know you will...

Well said
    Heather and Patti you both said it so beautifully I am not sure I can add anything more. Thank you all here on this board for the help.love and support. Wishing you all a very Merry CHRISTmas and a blessed and Happy New Year! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Happy Holidays to you as
    Happy Holidays to you as well. Hope your days are filled with all the love and peace you deserve.
    Sparkle
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    You've put into words what
    You've put into words what was in my head and my heart.

Merry Christmas!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Thank you Heather, and of
    Thank you Heather, and of course same wishes and love right back at you. How amazing is our faith, isnt it? I dont have a job but still was able to get my kids the only 1 thing they asked for. Dont ask me how, it was a miracle and on top of that, Im going to SC to spend Xmas with my brother, sister in law who is pregnant and my little niece Kaylin who is 2 yrs old.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Wishing you and your a most wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with love and good health!

RE
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    Wishing you and your a most wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with love and good health!

RE

Thank you Heather you are
    Thank you Heather you are one of the angels on here. From the moment you first posted you have added so much to the board. Blessed wishes for a happy holiday or you and your own family.
    Stef
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Aww Heather!
    That was so sweet what you wrote. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Hugs, Jean
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Aww Heather!
    That was so sweet what you wrote. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Hugs, Jean

Merry Christmas Heather and
    Merry Christmas Heather and all,i know we'll spend our christmas with our families but me myself now consider you all family now in a special way,I will think of you all over the next couple of days.I'll be seeing some family for the first since I've lost my hair not sure if I'm going to show and tell LOL but anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS, MollyZ
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    mollyz said:

Merry Christmas Heather and
    Merry Christmas Heather and all,i know we'll spend our christmas with our families but me myself now consider you all family now in a special way,I will think of you all over the next couple of days.I'll be seeing some family for the first since I've lost my hair not sure if I'm going to show and tell LOL but anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS, MollyZ

heather you are such a joy,
    heather you are such a joy, so happy you are feeling better, and enjoying the holiday and you beautiful daughters. Last year I was too ill to enjoy Christmas. Everyone says that I look so happy, I am so grateful to be alive, and recovering. I hate cancer but am trying to appreciate every day as you do. You kicked cancer's ****, and you should be so proud. You faced it head on with an honesty and attiude that I envy. have a happy Healthy New Year to you and everyone!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    thanks Heather
    Heather - thanks for your sweet words. You have been such an inspiration to many of us here, dealing with your treatments/surgeries/etc while raising a family. I wish you the happiest of Christmases this year, and treasure the memories you make with your girls; they won't stay little forever!
    Love,
    Linda
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Heather, you've given so
    Heather, you've given so much to so many on this board, I hope you realize how much you are appreciated and how much love, joy, peace and health we wish for you, your mom and your family.
    Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!!
    hugs
    jan
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

Heather, you've given so
    Heather, you've given so much to so many on this board, I hope you realize how much you are appreciated and how much love, joy, peace and health we wish for you, your mom and your family.
    Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!!
    hugs
    jan

Our lives unravel here
    and we follow one another's story. You've gone through so much yourself and then with your Mom.

I'm so happy you feel peace surrounded by your loved ones. I wish you, your family and your wonderful Mother a very blessed and happy Christmas.

Love,

Sylvia
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    sea60 said:

Our lives unravel here
    and we follow one another's story. You've gone through so much yourself and then with your Mom.

I'm so happy you feel peace surrounded by your loved ones. I wish you, your family and your wonderful Mother a very blessed and happy Christmas.

Love,

Sylvia

You guys are all awesome. I
    You guys are all awesome. I wanted to get my Christmas wish out to you all -I don't get on here as much, I'm lucky if I can check in once in the morning & before I go to bed - I'm very happy to say that my 2 yr old is no longer in day care (my husband had to take her to daycare when I was having chemo because I just couldn't keep up with her, and it was so hard for me to admit i couldn't take care of my own kids) - so she keeps me pretty busy during the day. Big sissy Camryn is off school for 2 weeks though so when they're not bickering they play together & give mom a break!
    xoxo love & hugs -
    Heather
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380

You guys are all awesome. I wanted to get my Christmas wish out to you all -I don't get on here as much, I'm lucky if I can check in once in the morning & before I go to bed - I'm very happy to say that my 2 yr old is no longer in day care (my husband had to take her to daycare when I was having chemo because I just couldn't keep up with her, and it was so hard for me to admit i couldn't take care of my own kids) - so she keeps me pretty busy during the day. Big sissy Camryn is off school for 2 weeks though so when they're not bickering they play together & give mom a break!
    xoxo love & hugs -
    Heather

Merry Christmas!
    Heather I wish you many blessings in the new year. Your daughters will grow up so fast...enjoy the bickering, Ha, ha. My sons are 32 &40 and they are so close even though they are 8 yrs. apart.
    Merry Chrismas & happy new year to you and your family and to all our sister here.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380

xoxo love & hugs -
    Heather

Merry Christmas!
    Heather I wish you many blessings in the new year. Your daughters will grow up so fast...enjoy the bickering, Ha, ha. My sons are 32 &40 and they are so close even though they are 8 yrs. apart.
    Merry Chrismas & happy new year to you and your family and to all of our sister here.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Heather
    I too found comfort, love and encouragement from this site of bc sisters. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas with your family. I'm hoping too that your Mom is able to have her last chemo so that she is on her way to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I too will enjoy watching my grandchildren open their presents. This year I'm grateful to be on the road to recovery. May we all be blessed with better health in the new year!
    {{hugs}} Char