One More To Go

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I be finishing up the chemo the day before news years eve.Taxol was not nice to me . I itched my way thru thanksgiving I be spotted for christmas. I have pain in my fingers and hands as my feet shooting pains. Then comes rads . I wont see the doc until the 7th of jan.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    soon it i will be over..to start next step
    sorry such reactions...itchy etc. HOPE you radaiation goes well...I know many bad stories but mine was very good...no side effects at all, no burning, tired, dry skin..I wish you the same...i did 8 wks daily

I'll be thinking of you
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Yea! The last one is in
    Yea! The last one is in sight, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Merry Christmas,

Linda
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Me too
    I'll be having my last chemo treatment on 1/7...then 6.5 weeks of Rads. I had Taxotere/Cytoxan for 4 treatments and was just switched to Taxol/Cytoxan for the last 2 due to swelling (ankles and feet). Haven't started itching yet, but I do have really achy bones and joints.
    I'm Triple Negative so I won't have any further treatment after rads...can't wait for my hair to grow back!!!
    Good luck,
    JoAnn
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    joannstar said:

Me too
    I'll be having my last chemo treatment on 1/7...then 6.5 weeks of Rads. I had Taxotere/Cytoxan for 4 treatments and was just switched to Taxol/Cytoxan for the last 2 due to swelling (ankles and feet). Haven't started itching yet, but I do have really achy bones and joints.
    I'm Triple Negative so I won't have any further treatment after rads...can't wait for my hair to grow back!!!
    Good luck,
    JoAnn

I had the red devil for 4
    I had the red devil for 4 then taxol for 4. bone pain for the shot for your white blood cells. I never really went bald I kept a downy covering on my head.
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member

I had the red devil for 4
    I had the red devil for 4 then taxol for 4. bone pain for the shot for your white blood cells. I never really went bald I kept a downy covering on my head.

I'm not actually bald
    either. When my hair started to fall out, I had my girlfriend trim it to about an inch. All the dark hair fell out leaving only the white hairs which stand up straight. They haven't grown, but they are still there. I mentioned to my husband that I wanted to shave my head (thinking that it would then grow in evenly) and he said why bother.
    But I want my thick hair back!!!
    JoAnn
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So glad you will be saying
    So glad you will be saying goodbye to chemo for ever.. You will have that behind you before you know it. Hope the itching and pain stops quickly for you. Take care Kay
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm happy to hear
    it's almost over!

I hope you heal quickly from your reaction to Taxol.

Hugs to you,

Sylvia
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    You are nearing
    the end of chemo. Hang in there! Most say rads are easier than chemo. I start rads in January.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yay chemo almost done!
    Sorry for your itching and pains. Hopefully, they will all disappear once your chemo is done. Hugs, jean
  • Mom_Of_Many
    Mom_Of_Many Member Posts: 5
    Jean 0609 said:

Yay chemo almost done!
    Sorry for your itching and pains. Hopefully, they will all disappear once your chemo is done. Hugs, jean

Glad to hear you are at the
    Glad to hear you are at the end of chemo! My last treatment was Dec. 15, with radiation starting in Jan. Sorry to hear about all the bad side effects, it wasn't too bad for me. The Adriamicin/Cytoxan made me sick & exhausted. The Taxol just made me even more exhausted, but no sickness - moms don't have time to be sick!! Not looking forward to radiation every day - driving 1 hr. each way with bad winter weather ahead doesn't sound like fun. I keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass"! Just take it one day at a time & look forward to spring when we'll be done with treatments. It'll be nice to enjoy the spring flowers after this past yr. of tests, surgery, treatments & more tests! Cyndi