A little humor - YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2010 WHEN:

lizzydavis
lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2010 WHEN:

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it..

10. You get up in the morning and check your phone or Blackberry before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there was not a #9 on this list.

16. You pick up your phone and start punching in numbers to change the TV channels

17. You punch the button on the keypad to unlock the car and it doesn't work and you stand there wondering how you are going to unlock the doors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comments

• PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Like Button
    I was looking for the like button to hit at the end of your post. LOL
  • PamPam2 said:

Like Button
    I was looking for the like button to hit at the end of your post. LOL

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    can so relate
    I can so relate to the panic of forgetting my cell phone at home- I've turned around more than once to go back and get it and then was frustrated on other days when I discovered I didn't have it with me. One recently was that I was late picking my daughter up from school because chemo went extra long that day. I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't call my 10 yr old on her phone to let her know where I was! Someone offered to let me use their phone, but I declined because the person I wanted to call (her friend's mom) was someone I couldn't reach because I didn't know her phone number by memory- it was programmed in my phone! So I was late by a 1/2 hr and my daughter and her friend were panicked when i got there fortunately when I got her friend to her house, her mom hadn't even been paying attention to the time & so wasn't worried). I wondered what we would have done in the "olden days" without a cell phone. I guess expectations were different- now everyone expects that everyone has a phone, so they expect to be called!
    Another "you know you live in 2010" lately for me- I've found myself on two different occasions trying to open the front door of my house with my remote key control from my car! Obviously, it didn't work :)
    Here's another we can all add... you know you're living in 2010 when you have friends all over the country and world that care about you and you've never met them- just chatted with them online on our CSN board!

Lisa
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    A little humor, very little
    I went to the Doctor and told him I have an itch that starts before Christmas, and usually ends around New Years. He told me, "Fleas Navidad."
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    lisa42 said:

can so relate
    I can so relate to the panic of forgetting my cell phone at home- I've turned around more than once to go back and get it and then was frustrated on other days when I discovered I didn't have it with me. One recently was that I was late picking my daughter up from school because chemo went extra long that day. I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't call my 10 yr old on her phone to let her know where I was! Someone offered to let me use their phone, but I declined because the person I wanted to call (her friend's mom) was someone I couldn't reach because I didn't know her phone number by memory- it was programmed in my phone! So I was late by a 1/2 hr and my daughter and her friend were panicked when i got there fortunately when I got her friend to her house, her mom hadn't even been paying attention to the time & so wasn't worried). I wondered what we would have done in the "olden days" without a cell phone. I guess expectations were different- now everyone expects that everyone has a phone, so they expect to be called!
    Another "you know you live in 2010" lately for me- I've found myself on two different occasions trying to open the front door of my house with my remote key control from my car! Obviously, it didn't work :)
    Here's another we can all add... you know you're living in 2010 when you have friends all over the country and world that care about you and you've never met them- just chatted with them online on our CSN board!

Lisa

Hahahaha
    I do that ALL THE TIME with the magic car door unlocker...*sigh*