Bruising

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I found I bruise very easily now..not sure if meds, post radiation or just my age of 51-any others have this issue?

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I've always bruised fairly
    I've always bruised fairly easily but it seems like I bruise a lot easier after each flush.

Susan
  • disneyfan2008
    Rague said:

I've always bruised fairly
    I've always bruised fairly easily but it seems like I bruise a lot easier after each flush.

Susan

Radiation & Tamoxifen
    Just seems like a simple bang i get a bruise..I even will hit something and say that's good for a bruise..

could just be my age-I mentioned to my onolog. , she didn't seem too concerned..
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Yes!
    So glad you posted this! I thought I was losing what's left of my mind! I kept thinking: "gee, I don't remember doing anything THAT severe to cause bruising"! They appear on my legs mostly.
    It's only been a few months since I've completed treatment, but all kinds of "strange" things keep happening to me.
    Interested to see if this is "normal".
    ♥ Cat
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

Radiation & Tamoxifen
    Just seems like a simple bang i get a bruise..I even will hit something and say that's good for a bruise..

could just be my age-I mentioned to my onolog. , she didn't seem too concerned..

I had my last Chemo Jan 28,
    I had my last Chemo Jan 28, 2010 and last rads 5 weeks later. I've just always thought that the reason for having more bruising after each flush was because there is some Heprin (blood thinner) that gets in your veins.
    At least that was my theory and I never asked but my next flush is on Thursday so I'll ask.

Susan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Cat64 said:

Yes!
    So glad you posted this! I thought I was losing what's left of my mind! I kept thinking: "gee, I don't remember doing anything THAT severe to cause bruising"! They appear on my legs mostly.
    It's only been a few months since I've completed treatment, but all kinds of "strange" things keep happening to me.
    ♥ Cat

I bruised extra bad during
    I bruised extra bad during chemo and still bruise easily just not as bad.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Cat64 said:

Yes!
    ♥ Cat

I do too. I asked my rads
    I do too. I asked my rads oncologist and he said it was normal after all that we have been through.

Thanks for posting this.
  • disneyfan2008
    DianeBC said:

I do too. I asked my rads
    I do too. I asked my rads oncologist and he said it was normal after all that we have been through.

Thanks for posting this.

i thought/ think combo of my age, radiation and daily asprin
    so many things...meds this and that...
  • KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Are you taking Aspirin or any blood thinners ?
    I had an experience worth mentioning.
    My family Doc told me 3 years ago that everyone over 50 perhaps should be taking the 80mg aspirin, for heart health and prevention of strokes. Aspirin is a simple blood thinner. So I started taking it, he wanted me too.

A year later, I tripped, hit my head on my own driveway, got a concussion, huge swelling on head because I think I broke a blood vessel above my eye. I bruised other places on my body. It was later, it dawned on me I had bruised extra easy because of the aspirin I was taking. I do bruise easily, but this was way more than normal.

I realized, if I was in any sort of serious accident, fell, or car accident... I could bleed to death. So I made the choice to stop taking the aspirin. Silly me, I did fall in a snow storm this year, on ice... my feet just went out from under me. Guess what, no bruising, though I hit knees and elbows hard!

I was in an eye doctors office today, telling this story. The assistant told me about her Dad, he was taking aspirin 'as directed'. I guess he had a simple cut on his finger, went to bed, and bled all night from the cut, and there was blood all over his sheets in the morning.

Everyone is different... I am not giving you medical advice. Just food for thought.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Cat64 said:

Yes!
    ♥ Cat

I seem to bruise more easily
    I seem to bruise more easily too. I wasn't for sure why. Hoping it is normal :(

Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    KathyLQ said:

My family Doc told me 3 years ago that everyone over 50 perhaps should be taking the 80mg aspirin, for heart health and prevention of strokes. Aspirin is a simple blood thinner. So I started taking it, he wanted me too.

A year later, I tripped, hit my head on my own driveway, got a concussion, huge swelling on head because I think I broke a blood vessel above my eye. I bruised other places on my body. It was later, it dawned on me I had bruised extra easy because of the aspirin I was taking. I do bruise easily, but this was way more than normal.

I realized, if I was in any sort of serious accident, fell, or car accident... I could bleed to death. So I made the choice to stop taking the aspirin. Silly me, I did fall in a snow storm this year, on ice... my feet just went out from under me. Guess what, no bruising, though I hit knees and elbows hard!

I was in an eye doctors office today, telling this story. The assistant told me about her Dad, he was taking aspirin 'as directed'. I guess he had a simple cut on his finger, went to bed, and bled all night from the cut, and there was blood all over his sheets in the morning.

Everyone is different... I am not giving you medical advice. Just food for thought.

My mom did not have cancer but saw oncologist due to platlets
    Anyhow they always said she would bleed terrible etc if cut...and never did...dont' know if just an oddity or what..but I have heard of many that do
  • disneyfan2008
    KathyLQ said:

My mom did not have cancer but saw oncologist due to platlets
    Anyhow they always said she would bleed terrible etc if cut...and never did...dont' know if just an oddity or what..but I have heard of many that do