False eyelashes - they work!

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just had to post this for all of us with no eyelashes. I'm visiting my grandchildren in Las Vegas and my daughter insisted I go into an Ulta makeup shop and try false eyelashes and have someone show me how to put them on. The eyelashes were $3.99. The salon charged $10 to apply them. I feel like a new woman with my eyelashes! They really look great and I can apply them myself pretty well. I need to wear a thicker line of eyeliner to disguise the line and they're not perfect, but they're perfect enough.

I was under the impression it was not possible to wear false eyelashes when you have none of your own. Not true. Losing my eyelashes and eyebrows was the worst part of hair loss for me. These lashes are everywhere. They're nothing special. Target has them, probably WalMart, and any store that has makeup. The brand I purchased is Andrea Modlash. I thought hey were the the most natural looking,not very thick. The adhesive is sold separately.

Hope this helps someone.
Suzanne

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Well if you have them on
    Well if you have them on that photo...they look great! I never could get the hang of them...but my lashes actually grew back in a few weeks, so I didn't miss them too much.
    Dee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Suzanne
    an Ulta store just opened not far from my house. So glad they were able to show you how to apply and that you like the results. My eyelashes thinned but are not gone. So, thanks for the tip and if you do have them on in your pic they look natural!
    Char
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Glad to hear
    Strangely enough I was worried about losing my lashes too...more so than my hair, because I wasn't sure how I would draw them in! My lashes are extremely long and thick, completely unlike my hair and eyebrows which is/are very thin. I was very happy to read your post. During Thanksgiving break my daughter bought a bag full of false eyelashes and stuff to apply them with. So when I do lose them, which from what I hear will be in about 2-3 more weeks, I'm ready! I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    NJMom10 said:

Glad to hear
    Strangely enough I was worried about losing my lashes too...more so than my hair, because I wasn't sure how I would draw them in! My lashes are extremely long and thick, completely unlike my hair and eyebrows which is/are very thin. I was very happy to read your post. During Thanksgiving break my daughter bought a bag full of false eyelashes and stuff to apply them with. So when I do lose them, which from what I hear will be in about 2-3 more weeks, I'm ready! I'll let you know how it goes.

They're not perfect
    I still had eyelashes when that picture was taken. I just posted a picture on my Expressions page taken the other day - with my eyes closed. Those are the false eyelashes - and my grandchildren. I love this picture of my granddaughter "petting" my new hair growth and the boys laughing at me. I had just taken my hat off.

NJ Mom10, my eyelashes and eyebrows didn't fall out until about 6-7 weeks after my LAST chemo. They've been gone about 6 weeks now with no evidence of returning. They did thin earlier, but I still had enough to apply mascara to and I looked normal.

Suzanne
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462

They're not perfect
    I still had eyelashes when that picture was taken. I just posted a picture on my Expressions page taken the other day - with my eyes closed. Those are the false eyelashes - and my grandchildren. I love this picture of my granddaughter "petting" my new hair growth and the boys laughing at me. I had just taken my hat off.

NJ Mom10, my eyelashes and eyebrows didn't fall out until about 6-7 weeks after my LAST chemo. They've been gone about 6 weeks now with no evidence of returning. They did thin earlier, but I still had enough to apply mascara to and I looked normal.

Suzanne

Hey Suzanne,
    I love the picture of you and your Grandchildren! You are still beautiful!!!!! Hugs, Jean
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128

They're not perfect

Suzanne

Adorable....
    Your eyelashes are very nice and natural looking. Thanks for the tip.. I've tried unsuccessfully at picking the correct ones. Now I know to seek help 1st.

The Grandchildren... Absolutely Adorable!