I'm ending this year with...

rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm ending this year with a BANG! Dec. 2009 I had a left mastectomy with an expander placed. (Stage II IDC). In Jan. 2010 I had a port placed. At the end of Jan. began 6 rounds of aggressive chemo (TAC). Lost all hair in Feb. 2010. Finished chemo May 2010. Started rads June 2010. Finished 5 1/2 weeks of rads in July. Started tamoxifen. Stopped wearing wig 3rd week in Aug. 2010. Mammo in Nov. 2010 normal, yeeaay! Dec. 2010, turned 40, expander taken out, silicone placed, lift on the other side and port removed...hair growing nice and now 2 inches long and curly...WHEW! Now, I'm starting my new life :)

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday!
rene9

Comments

• padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    YEAH!
    You Go Girl!!!!! Merry Christmas to you too!
    Pat
  • momofbcb
    momofbcb Member Posts: 22
    So happy for you. Wishing
    So happy for you. Wishing you continued good health, a very happy Christmas and a great 2011.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    momofbcb said:

So happy for you. Wishing
    So happy for you. Wishing you continued good health, a very happy Christmas and a great 2011.

You've been through it, girl
    Now it's time to go on to a happy, healthy New Year! Relax, enjoy and rejoice.

Hugs, Renee
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Thats awesome...ending this
    Thats awesome...ending this year with a big bang and leaving this all behind only to live a new and better life!!!!

Happy Holidays!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi rene9,
    You have the right attitude! Happy for you. I think many of us here are looking forward to 2011! Hugs, Jean
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    What a great way to end this
    What a great way to end this year and start your new year and life! Congrats on all you have been through and best wishes for a happy holiday season and great 2011.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    sounds like a happy ending to 2010.
    Happy Holidays, Char
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Hoorah!!
    Was happy to read this!!! Needed some good news. Have Chemo #4 next Tuesday. My last then start 33 rads and medication. Looking forward to this being over!!! Had a rough day today but know things do get better thanks to your post!!
  • amoccia53160
    amoccia53160 Member Posts: 10
    Good for you!!
    Your year is a carbon copy of mine! Except I had a lumpectomy. Yup....ringing in 2011 will be special for me. xxoo Annette
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    That's Great!
    What a great way to end the year.......Happy Holidays!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    FANTABULOUS!!!!
    Oh Rene I can hear the joy in your post so much so that you put a smile on my face! Yes you have been through the wringer but you have come through to the other side and you are on the upswing. I AM THRILLED FOR YOU CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a mosts joyous Christmas and a New Year filled with continued good health.

RE
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Makes for a very Merry
    Makes for a very Merry Christmas this year don't it!!!

Merry Christmas!!!! & Happy new Year.. Enjoy you new healthy life for many years to come...
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    AWESOME
    I'm so happy for you!! Hopefully the end of 2011 will be as good for me as your end of 2010. Surgery (lumpectomy) scheduled for Jan. 4 then radiation after. Just beginning my fight and I look forward to a better time!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    missrenee said:

You've been through it, girl
    Now it's time to go on to a happy, healthy New Year! Relax, enjoy and rejoice.

Hugs, Renee

Wishing you a happy and
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2011!

Sue :)
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    pbrndm5 said:

AWESOME
    I'm so happy for you!! Hopefully the end of 2011 will be as good for me as your end of 2010. Surgery (lumpectomy) scheduled for Jan. 4 then radiation after. Just beginning my fight and I look forward to a better time!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours!

Thanks for all of your prayers and Holiday Wishes! I know last year I wondered if this time would ever come and it did. It does get better. Though, I am going to make some changes, such as, I still use the deodorant I used during radiation and I am paying attention to ingredients that are in my hair products and so forth. I was told whatever I've been doing to keep it up. I still plan to add an exercise routine though I'm back in my size 7's and some 5's. Anyhow, HUGS for everyone!

rene9
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    rene9 said:

Thanks for all of your prayers and Holiday Wishes! I know last year I wondered if this time would ever come and it did. It does get better. Though, I am going to make some changes, such as, I still use the deodorant I used during radiation and I am paying attention to ingredients that are in my hair products and so forth. I was told whatever I've been doing to keep it up. I still plan to add an exercise routine though I'm back in my size 7's and some 5's. Anyhow, HUGS for everyone!

rene9

Congrat!
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2011 and beyond!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    way to do it...

way to do it...