My daughter has written a book

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am so proud, my daughter Lorna launched her book at a signing last night at The Ally Theatre in Middleboro.
It's about her journey through thyroid cancer and is not only informative but funny!
If anyone would like to see her website it's
www.dirtybombshell.net
Thanks for letting a mother brag.
Merry Christmas to all!
Hugs,
Wanda

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    How Exciting
    Brag, Brag, Brag!!! How exciting to have your daughter's work published. I'm looking forward to going to her website, but it will have to be after Christmas. Maybe, I'll take a sneak preview tonight. I am behind in getting ready for Christmas, so time is valuable.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

How Exciting
    Brag, Brag, Brag!!! How exciting to have your daughter's work published. I'm looking forward to going to her website, but it will have to be after Christmas. Maybe, I'll take a sneak preview tonight. I am behind in getting ready for Christmas, so time is valuable.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Of course
    you're proud. She's beautiful and so are you -- I poked around in her website and found you:). What a wonderful accomplishment, a book!

xoxo
    Victoria
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    As a mother you
    have every right to be proud and brag. That is certainly an accomplishment not many of us can say we did. I will check out her website for sure.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Awesome!!!!! I too wrote a
    Awesome!!!!! I too wrote a book...in 2004~ it is in a sealed envelope, because I have NO idea how anyone gets anything published!!! I have no idea who to ask, what it costs, how many I have to publish or anything!!! I am sooo impressed with your daughter!!! Fantastic!!!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow..i'll have to check it out
    That's is so great
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    chenheart said:

Awesome!!!!! I too wrote a
    Awesome!!!!! I too wrote a book...in 2004~ it is in a sealed envelope, because I have NO idea how anyone gets anything published!!! I have no idea who to ask, what it costs, how many I have to publish or anything!!! I am sooo impressed with your daughter!!! Fantastic!!!!

Find an Agent
    Claudia,

Go to Borders or Barnes & Noble. There are books listing agents for writers. An agent is sometimes more helpful in getting a book published.

Hugs,
    Janelle
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

wow..i'll have to check it out
    That's is so great

How proud you must be. I
    How proud you must be. I think that this is just wonderful. Informative and humorous is a great combination. I'm like Claudia, I have both poetry and a children's book that I have done but have no idea how to do this. Well, I probably could figure it out, mine is more I don't think it is good enough but I don't want to be told that because then I would stop writing. So for now, I am a world renowned unpublished, undiscovered artist. LOL
    But again, how exciting for your daughter to have done this.
    Stef
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Absolutely you should brag!
    Absolutely you should brag! That is a huge accomplishment and I will check your daughter's website. A great way to celebrate the Holidays!

Merry Christmas
  • Lighthouse_7

Absolutely you should brag!
    Absolutely you should brag! That is a huge accomplishment and I will check your daughter's website. A great way to celebrate the Holidays!

Merry Christmas

Thanks so much to all of
    Thanks so much to all of you! It was so nice to read what everyone wrote. Chen it is hard to get published so she self published through Author House. If you ever want any info just email her ( all her info is on her website and she'd be glad to give you pointers).

Since I'm bragging LOL you can also check out her performing arts school...burtwoodschool.com

Merry Christmas to all of my sisters and I love all of you!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Wanda
    to have your daughter write a book about her cancer is awesome for so many. She's definitely paying it forward and you should be so proud! Congrats!
    Char
  • Lighthouse_7
    cahjah75 said:

Wanda
    to have your daughter write a book about her cancer is awesome for so many. She's definitely paying it forward and you should be so proud! Congrats!
    Char

Thank you Char!
    Merry Christmas
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Wow! So proud of your daugter!!!
    Hugs, Kathi

(BTW, who was her publisher, if you don't mind my asking? I have a few choices, and if you would recommend Author House (was it a good experience?), I'd appreciate it!)